Reviews for The Unappreciated
AdikoKoizumi19 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Okay...I liked-No-Loved this, but was the girl Julie or just some girl walking around in the rain and found Rook?
Vanessa Masters chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Priceless. So Gorgeous and Expressive...I enjoyed reading it, is all I can say :D _
Banquo'sGhost chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Beautiful story! I know this gets said a lot, but I wish this story were a longer series.

This subject you've tackled is something I've always talked about on tumblr (on there I'm Luminak), of Ben's entitlement and how he leaves/forgets about those who are important to him. I never thought Rook meeting Julie would be anything special but man...you really put it in perspective. This is how Julie SHOULD feel (and perhaps does in omniverse) about Ben.

Rook at this point is at the early stages with Ben. He believes his partner is the good-hearted hero he claims, but everyone around Ben eventually comes realize that Ben isn't reliable nor is he the hero he THINKS he is. I would have loved to see this as an ongoing story where Rook sometimes encounters Julie around Bellwood. They talk, they listen, they relate to each other about being used and ignored. Then all this leading up to Rook's big argument with Ben during 'Of Predator's and Prey' part 1. Perhaps Rook even debates whether he should save Ben in part 2 based on what he's learned.

Talking with Julie helps Rook see Ben through someone else's eyes which over time makes Ben's character more clear to him. This could explain how Rook becomes less naive to Ben's delusions of being a 'hero' and sees him for who he truly is. Conversely, Rook could realize how deeply Ben refuses to look at himself and admit how his actions hurt others; thus Ben is a part of his own self-destruction.

IDK, I'm just rambling. You've really inspired me. I'd love to do some art of this on Tumblr. If you're curious there's a link to my tumblr in my profile page; hopefully I can get the art up soon, and good luck on your future fanfic endeavors!