Reviews for Data and the Meaning of Christmas (or the Winter Holiday You Prefer)
zeusfluff chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
Let me start off by saying: What a wonderful story. You had data spot-on an in character. I thoroughly enjoyed envisioning the characters interacting and finding the chaos of the holodeck as they entered. Riker's gift had me cracking up laughing.

There were very few grammatical errors. My only other suggestion would be to maybe separate different scenes with a horizontal rule. That would help with knowing which scene is which. Again, wonderful story and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
Ki-Chan Riker chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Worf is a hoot! Just read the thanksgiving on and now this one and I gotta say, I have never laughed that hard in a while. Thank you! And your characters are remarkably true to themselves.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Another great story in the line of Data exploring earthly holidays. I find them hilarious, even reading them all backwards. In some ways, it adds anticipation to find out what happened in the now I'm very curious about Thanksgiving's "Uncle Worf." Also, I love how all the religious figures start fighting (and the aggressive Santa):

"There is no need to celebrate one's earthly heritage," the man in the loin cloth countered. "We are all one with the universe."

"Only by way of the light of the son of God," the royal robed men replied in unison.

"You mean the light of the Sun in the Sky for all to see," the Romans corrected them.

"Ho! Ho! Ho!," the white bearded Santa countered aggressively.
kestraTroi7 chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
I love your holiday stories, they are fun to read, this one particularly cause it's right before Christmas as I read it.
Poor Worf, he ate the tree! That made me laugh. Thanks :)
hermione-of-vulcan chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
I was so happy to see that you'd done a Christmas story. Or, rather, a whichever-winter-holiday-means-something-to-you story. I like that, because Star Trek is about celebrating diversity. Look at the diversity of the crew, and how all of them are accepted and respected. I live in a house where we decorate Christmas cookies by the light of the Hanukah candles, so a multifaith celebration also speaks to me personally. I think it was really meaningful (and also amusing) to see all of the celebrations and how they fought, reflecting, as Picard noted, how different beliefs keep humans apart. And, as Data hoped, instead of fighting, humans should find common ground between their beliefs.
Anyhow, really good and really meaningful too. Thank you for making me feel happy.
mysty chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I love every single one of these! There so well written and cute! I look foreward to whatever the next one may be!
DataIsMyHero chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
teehee...I love these! I keep thinking of random things Data would probably love to try with his human friends, and just now I thought of something that would be flat out HILARIOUS; Data and the crew trying to play TWISTER! ::cracking up::
Necromecha chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
My mother, my little sister and myself love reading your stuff! :) Keep up the good work!
We are really enjoy your writing, and your Star Trek stuff sounds quite authentic! We hope you are doing a New Years one because we would love to read it!
HowlynMad chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
You know given all the different cultures and species onboard the Enterprise they could just have a celebration everyday lol.
RisingEmber chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
'Please join in celebrating a traditional Saturnalia-Koleda- Yule-Winter Solstice-Dies Natalis Solis Invicti- Bodhi Day-Yalda-Kwanza -Pancha Ganapati-Hanukkah Festival of Lights -Christmas Eve party on December 24 at 18:00 in Holodeck 3; Gifts encouraged. RSVP Data.'

Ah, political correctness lives on even in the twenty-fourth century! Only now there are more cultures to try to include into the celebration. And Data is just the right character to be able to pull it off. (Wink)

Geordi buzzed Data's door, holding the invitation he had received. "Enter," Data called and the door opened. Geordi walked in to find Data sitting at his desk as usual. "Hey, Data."

A word of advice, don’t forget that each speaker gets his own paragraph.

Worf ATE the Christmas Tree? That is SOME appetite! LOL! Especially for a race that are carnivores rather than omnivores.

Anyway, a cute story.
fred27 chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
What a wonderful story! Worf eating the Christmas tree was a real zinger! That you brought all the holidays together is a testament to your writing! These holidays actually exist and I've taken part in about half of them! Well done! Can we have one with Picard as hosts? I think our good captain should get a bit tipsy and dance on the table like my bosses do here in Europe! It's the one time of year when you can let your hair down!
nathasa39 chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
muy bueno, espero con impaciencia la fiesta del capitán.