Reviews for The Uprising Brand
Lizzy0308 chapter 12 . 10/2/2013
Dang. I dunno. I think Al can kinda tell Score is living this double life of sorts. I'm glad he at least got the guy to the hospital wing. He probably should have told a capable teacher though. Adults really can help if you have the right ones. Still this is a fabulous story. I'm glad score is choosing Kris and Al. Great job
Aya Diefair chapter 12 . 10/2/2013
Defending a friend from bullies by catering to them is a tough situation to be in. Scorpius didn't have much of a choice, I think. His self-preservation trait would immediately want him to protect himself as well as his friend from harm. If he had said "No" he and Albus would be in a world of hurt. As the Snakes are well known to have the "If you're not with us, you're against us." attitude. So I would forgive him, but I would be a bit upset over the situation. Scorpius did help the poor soul to the Hospital Wing, after all. That was his redemption, in my opinion.

Nice chapter. I liked it a lot.
There were a few spelling errors, but nothing too major.
Bella chapter 11 . 10/2/2013
I love your fic! *_* Really, it's one of the best fics of the Next Generation I've red so far, and I read a lot :P There are some mistakes here and there, but in general it's quite nice and easy to read. I love the idea of the brands, it was really original :) The OC (Krystal) seems very interesting to me, you did a really good job with her personality (because most of the OCs are normally Mary Sues).

I have one question, though. Are you gonna include other canonical characters from the Next Generation (like the Weasleys, but also Luna's son and daughter, for example)? If you do, will they be important or like secondary characters?

Thank you for this amazing fic, and good luck for the rest :) Hope you'll post soon.

Hugs,

Bella
Lizzy0308 chapter 11 . 9/30/2013
Man I hate that Scorpius isn't standing up for Al. I hope if Al finds out what all the other Slytherins call him that he doesn't just let Scorpius off the hook. He isn't being a fabulous friend. I love your story. I'm not sure if its my account or ffnet but I'm not getting any alerts. I hope I don't miss the next chapter. I adore your story. Great job
ShatteredDragon chapter 9 . 5/27/2013
Please update soon
Pony-tail chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
I've just read the 1st chapter and your idea is great! I hope you'll handle the story well.
It's the first time I read an "in progress" story (I usually read the already complete ones) and I'm quite worried with the fact you might not finish it...
Well, I'll just read the rest, because this chapter really made me want to know more (even though I'm not sure I'll remember everything about classification of the brands).

And sorry if my review sounds awkward, English is not my first language (and not even my second...)
TheLastCenturion11 chapter 9 . 4/27/2013
Hi!

I just discovered this story today, and I am glad I did! This is written really welll! I love the personalities you've given the next generation characters, and I love Krystal Clare. The characters' interactions with each other are also great.

And the idea of the branding is very interesting, too. Good job for coming up with that!

I hope you update soon!

By the way, sorry I didn't review all the previous chapters. I really wanted to keep reading!
aztec chapter 9 . 4/24/2013
The plot thickens! Really liked this chapter, gave the story some needed upswing. Now I can start to imagine the plot ahead... And that is what I'm after when I read here on ff, so keep up the good work, looking forward to reading more!
Aya Diefair chapter 9 . 4/24/2013
Oh, and so the plot thickens. It seems people are really that concerned on the Branded. Sheesh, not the kids' faults so nya the Prophet. :) Also, I forgot that Scorpius and Goyle appear to be scheming something...but that could just be me, he wouldn't do anything against Albus, who needs a hug by the way. Poor kid has no family in his house and though his parents love him regardless of the colors he sports, he takes so much crap from James ugh!

Saw one or two spelling errors again, but I am not at my computer again so tracking them is difficult.

Ct wait for an update.
Aya Diefair chapter 8 . 4/24/2013
I ended up losing this fic, not puting it on my follow list before. Ep! :x So was happy I found it again!

I really like the Rose/Scorpius interaction here. It's so tense and interesting, I am glad you managed to write Rose in a way that shows she is close to Ron and that she takes her fathers opinion into some serious consideration when it cones to Scorpius. The few next gen fics I've read about these two never start out that way, so I applaud you to that. Can't wait to see where you take it.

The tension / drama between Astoria and Lucius is also pretty intriguing, I wonder if we will see more of it and find out the root of the problem? And vert clever of the whole mail searching thing with the Branded, never would've thought of that.

I saw a few spelling errors along the way in the last couple chapters. I cant remember them all and am not on my computer so tracking them was difficult. Just wanted to gve you a heads up. :)
Spaidel chapter 8 . 4/3/2013
Love the idea of the story! The branding thing is pretty brilliant.
So far, I love Scorpius. Albus is cute, Kris... well, she's pretty awesome and makes me laugh. James and Rose are stupid, Lily is nice, and Hugo... well, I expect great things from him. I don't know why, but in every fanfic that I read, I just freaking love Hugo. He's just adorable and naive, and his name is just so cute :)
Now, am just going to try and predict things: Rose will come around, eventually. At least, I hope so. So far, really don't like her. Kris and Hugo will be together - just seems like they fit. And they would make an awesome couple. James is going to forever stay a prejudice prat. Lily's going to have a crush on Scorpius, while Scorpius has a crush on her brother - angst, angst, angst!
Haha, pretty sure my predictions are all wrong though XD
Anyway... really hope you're going to update soon!
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 8 . 3/26/2013
Scorpius saw that his grandfather was right, Albus didn't know about the interception squad. Perhaps he didn't know any of the restrictions that were placed on people with the brand.
Darindo.
"I mean I knew that the ministry sometimes looked in letters, but I thought that it was only for the people that we really needed to worry about," he shrugged, "Is that what the purple stamps are about?"
Agree with Albus. It's stupid and it's not alright.
Though, it would be a great prank to change the stamp so that persons who don't like the Ministry would see Slytherin green-and-silver on the stamp, instead of insipid purple.
"That's pretty cool," Hugo said, leaning back in his chair. "No, it isn't cool Hugo," Rose said firmly, "He, and anyone else with the brand, is a threat to society. Dad said that we should stay away from people like him and just because-"
Rose, even a parrot wouldn't repeat Ronald's stupid words.
Good day, good night, and good luck, Albus, Hugo, Kris, Scorpius.
AlwaysSlytherin chapter 8 . 3/26/2013
I really like this story, so far! :)
I hope your "plans for Rose" include a reluctant friendship between her and Scorpius. ;)
I have a feeling Hugo will be the first Weasley Hufflepuff, but I'm not positive.
Anyways, great story, and I hope to see more soon! :)
myprofoundfantasy chapter 7 . 3/22/2013
I really like this! Great concept! Please update soon!
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 6 . 2/16/2013
"Are you telling me that he, is close enough to the son of Potter to exchange gifts? The same Potter that put these on our arms, and placed the restrictions on us, restrictions that Potter's own son doesn't know about."
First, don't blame Albus for Harry's actions. Second, Albus knows of the Brand.
Good day, good night, and good luck, Albus, Lucius, Scorpius.