Reviews for Submission
Hanugget chapter 1 . 4/6
thank you for creating this fantastic fanfiction. when i started it, i didnt know it was going to be germancest and i honestly didnt ship it but now its my otp and i am obsessed. You are an incredible writer and i hope you someday finish this masterpiece.
Hadrian of The Tiber chapter 17 . 3/18
Thank you for giving us this amazing story! I read the first part and this one in one setting from last night to this morning. Wow the writing, the plot, the emotions... I'm really excited to see where the story would go.
Nizei chapter 17 . 12/17/2017
Another chapter ️️️
Thank you for keeping writing this! It doesn't matter if it takes you time, I want to read the closure of this awesome fic! I love how you're really constructed their personalities, how real and tormented they are.
I'll be waiting for more.
Jakeeee chapter 17 . 12/10/2017
I can’t even describe the joy i felt seeing this update notification. I’m not even in the fandom anymore and I still think about this story all the time, it’s that great and that important to me. I’m so worried for both Ludwig and Gilbert, but especially Gilbert given his already decreasing health with cocaine use on top of it all. I sense that Ludwig is about to hit a horrible low that’s going to take a lot to get him out of. I eagerly await the next update and I’m glad you aren’t dead!
A chapter 17 . 12/7/2017
I had to try very hard to not scream when i saw you updated! I'm not in the fandom anymore but i always come back to check every few weeks. I've gone through several fandoms since my hetalia days but none have had an incest fic so dimensional as obsession and submission have been. Every new chapter adds something important to the plot.
For a review for this specific chapter, i would say its sad to see Ludwig still struggling with what Francis did to him (but its totally understandable since he's only avoided eveything about that night). It hurt even more when Ludwig thought Gilbert was disguisted with him. But it was nice to see Gilberts pov more often too, so that we can see what goes on in his head. I think i was really affected by him observing matt and alfred and how he couldn't identify with them/their brotherhood...but honestly the whole watching prn with lud and even the threesome isn't very normal brother behavior either so...i don't know if he could have ever identified with them? As for the side charater such as mathias, angela, and even vash...wow, idk if Ludwig is very paranoid or if everyone has seen something off about his and Gilberts interactions. Anyway this review is long enough and there was so much to dissect but idk how to properly write everything down...so i'll just say thank you so much for this update! It really gave me alot to think about until the next chapter:)
Asme chapter 17 . 12/7/2017
Oh wow. It's been sooo long but it was well worth it. I love this story and can't wait to know how it continues. It's also ok that you wait so long between chapters because it gives me more reason to re-read the last chapters~
To this chapter: well in all honesty, towards the end there I was seriously afraid Ludwig would try to hurt himself... Or more. I felt his pain and am so so sorry. Both of those poor cuties are just so lost right now, it pains me. I just really hope they'll somehow figure it out. But I'm actually not so hopeful anymore...
Your writing was just so great though. And I loved the debate with the study club. I always liked it when you showed and reflected Ludwigs struggle through the debattes he has in class. It just speaks to me so much. I just really love this story!
Spark chapter 17 . 12/4/2017
I'm so glad to see this is still getting updated but at the same time OUCH ;-;. Another amazing chapter and I can't wait to see what's going to happen
Guest chapter 17 . 12/4/2017
Finally another update. This chapter was the perfect summation of all the tensions that had been building up and it was very interesting to see what Sebastian actually said to Gilbert. Of course I expected the breakup to happen but the way you wrote it still took by off guard. The brothers' anguish and guilt is just so raw and I simply cannot wait for the next chapter. Thank you so much for putting such a huge amount of thought and effort into creating realistic characters for my favourite brothers.
PokeBW4Evr chapter 17 . 12/2/2017
As always, you leave us yet another moving, powerful, emotionally gripping, passionate chapter! Seriously HOW do you write so freaking good?! It’s nearly a crime, punishable with making the author write in her free time! LOL Oh my gosh, I’m just BLOWN away by how incredible this entire chapter and your GORGEOUS style of writing! The impressive and creative backdrop for each character’s deep impending thoughts before, during, and following each personal experience highlighted by your in depth descriptions of not only other characters and their expressions, but how the main character perceives and responds to each one internally! It’s a BEAUTIFUL arrangement of letters on multiple pages that I find myself getting lost in and when I realize just how drawn in I’ve become, it’s always unexpected! It leaves me with a lovely warmth inside my chest and stomach as I remininsce what the previous chapters have felt like for me, before eagerly continuing on to find out what happens! Thank you SO MUCH for all that you’ve done to complete another perfect chapter! I loved it! :D Words cannot express the excitement/ecstaticness I felt upon seeing that you had released another chapter! \\ I understand that there may be extended breaks between coming chapters, because Lord knows we are all kept plenty busy, and we can’t exprct this to be your full time job or hobby! We have work, social groups, significant others, and whatever else is deemed important to focus on! I myself haven’t released a chapter for 2 YEARS and people keep asking me about it! I am going to continue, but things have gotten crazy. Anyways, I hope you are doing well!_ Please don’t feel rushed, and KNOW and REMEMBER the following: THE READERS ARE ALWAYS HERE TO SUPPORT YOU! No matter what happens! Not just because we love your stories, but because once we get involved with a story, you inevitably becoming indirectly connected to the author through their notes or descriptions left behind! I don’t mean that weird or creepy, though! XD *salute* Feel free to message me on deviantart or on archive of our own via my name HetaPoke4Evr (I think that’s the name... I forget!). You’re amazing! I hope to hear from you again soon in some measure somewhere in some form!_ Until next time: Good luck with everything and stay strong!_
ApparentlyTheOtherNameIsTaken chapter 17 . 11/29/2017
Thank you for continuing this series. It's one of the most deliciously dark things I have ever read: it's hot, and it's philosophical, but mostly it's psychological. You can see the exact points where these characters fall into despair, but you can't stop reading. And you write so well! As soon as Gil took the drugs, your writing style accommodated the high he was feeling. Also, thank you for including so many interesting works in this fic, they have opened my eyes to new approaches to life and all its trials and tribulations. I cannot blame you for a dark chapter, and I anticipate a bittersweet end to this story; it would be fitting. Until the next chapter!
SSYM chapter 17 . 11/28/2017
If they had never went home, Gilbert won't have been given cocaine! WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK GILBERT IS THE EVIL ONE? My heart bleeds for Gilbert. He is such a tortured soul. He deserves so much more. But, more than that, he needs to forgive himself. Gilbert carries the weight of the world upon his shoulders. It pains me to see him so hurt and broken. I am so worried about Gilbert. I know Ludwig will be alright. He is stronger than he knows. Yes, his feels are mixed and he blames himself. The one at the bottom of the pit at the moment is Gilbert.

Reminds me of the movie 'I walk the Line'. Johnny Cash dug himself into his own grave due to his private wars raging within his heart. He tormented himself over the death of his brother and never being able to please his father. The weight of guilt was strangling Cash and he slipped into a deep depression and drugs. It took a family to drag him away from the world and to an isolated cabin to get all of the drugs out of his system. Slowly. Day by day. Build him back up. I believe the same will have to happen with Gilbert. Ludwig (perhaps even Liz), will have to take Gilbert away from the world. To sit by a lake and just watch the sunrise.
Guest chapter 17 . 11/28/2017
It updated! This the nicest pre-Christmas gift! This story and lillien passe's 'Inadvertent Misdemeanors' are probably the only fanfictions I would gladly wait a lifetime for just to see them to be finished. So as long as they're updated every now and then, I'm happy. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we've invested too much time (and tears and heartache) for us to just drop the story. That's the case for me anyway.

It just struck me again how much sympathy I have for these troubled incestuous brothers. (Expanding on that, how much attachment I have for these totally fictitious people-nations where one has as much emotions as he has body fat and the other a non-existent dead state but still hella fly, yeah. Ridiculous, really. But what can you do? The fangirl heart wants what it wants.) They make decisions based on what they think the other would want, what could make the other person happy, without taking into account that the other person would never think or act exactly like them. That's why Ludwig's love and devotion also come across as selfishness and manipulation. He gave Gilbert a choice, he could always have said no but he also knew that Gilbert loved him too much to ever give an answer other than yes, so did his brother really ever have a choice? (I vaguely remember Ludwig addressing this in some chapter) And if Gilbert felt cornered by the ultimatum, basically being pressured into agreement, was it ever really consent? But I don't think Gilbert sees it like that, though. Ludwig gave him a choice, technically, and he made his. It was his decision so he should be fully responsible for it. He does not see the coercion, he only ever sees Ludwig's happiness. 'Would this make brother happy?' That's how he makes his decisions (they both kinda do). He loves his little brother too much to lose him, he adores little brother so much he'll do his best to make him happy. Incest was a small price to pay. And a relationship like that, incest or not, is never healthy. Really, bee a bit selfish and save some of your love for your own selves, boys.

And the relationship does become visibly unhealthy mostly because it operates on guilt. Gilbert becomes frustrated, he lashes out. The victim is almost always his brother. Ludwig would think he's somehow at fault. They never would really talk it out. Gilbert becomes frustrated. Rinse and repeat. Add in a sprinkling of Ludwig's misplaced selflessness and a pinch of Gilbert's confusion and boom, train-wreck. There's a whole lot of unintentional guilt-tripping going on. It just, it seems like they're never on the same page. Honestly, I doubt they're even reading the same book. That's why I was surprised when Gilbert broke it off. I was fully expecting the story to go full angst, no brakes. That they push each other to their limits and then inevitably break but come together again to try and fix each other and go on and on until they break each other too much too many times to the point where they become irreparable. So Gilbert breaking it off definitely came out of left field for me. His primary reasons are still Ludwig's happiness but he's also finally taking himself into consideration. That's an unexpected but a very welcome surprise. Baby steps to finally doing what he wants not for anyone else but himself.

I'm still of the belief that Gilbert should not have agreed to what Ludwig wanted in the first place or even better, Ludwig never made him choose like that in the first place (or the best, where they come together of their own volition with the consent not cruising on technicality) but no use crying over spilled milk (or kissed siblings), right? I'd be patiently waiting for the next update especially now that it went so differently than I thought it would. That would teach me to be so presumptuous, ha! This went on and on, sorry.
Axisofadorable chapter 17 . 11/27/2017
Still with you! Don't apologize for an amazing chapter! :) waiting for the next one...
Friedra chapter 17 . 11/27/2017
Yay, you're back! :D
This was a good chapter - although super sad, I wasn't ready for that... I can't wait to read the next one, even if I'm a bit worried about what will happen. I hope the boys can sort this out.
KyuubinUzumaki chapter 17 . 11/27/2017
Is it bad that I'm so glad Angie broke up with Lud? That relationship was never going to work for either of them. Also, it sucks that she's been raped in the past, I'm sure that's what she was referring to. I hope things start looking up for both lid and gilly.