Reviews for Edge
Nikkette chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
I bet if Axel hadn't died so soon, something VERY similar to this would have happened *wink wink*

Great job writing this, I could totally see it happening in the show (Caryl is such a subtle thing in the series, lightly hinted at but most definitely there) in an alternate universe or something ;)
Green Owl chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
**When she looked up to hold his eyes Daryl stepped closer and gripped his bow tight.

"Man's been without a woman for God knows how long. No tellin' what he could do. He ain't harmless. But he won't be a problem anymore…"

He didn't expect her to suddenly close the short distance between them and reach up to touch his cheek. He also didn't expect her to lean forward and plant a kiss on the other one.

Fumbling with the weapon in his hands he stepped back, away from her touch, suddenly riled in a completely different way.

Carol laughed lightly and he wanted to hate her for it.**

HAWT! 3
nerdsdoitbetter chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Wow I loved this. It was really good :)
Pig-Rabbit-Suk chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
He is so adorable when Carol does that kind of suff. *dies*
Sira1 chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
I love this. I would love to see this happen when Daryl gets back.
little miss michelle chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Good story
Lilone1776 chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
I loved this! Daryl's reactions to all that's happening is so spot on (IMHO). It's so wonderful being able to read fics like this while I am in the throes of withdrawal from TWD..keeps me sane!
Surplus Imagination chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
It would be interesting to see things play out this way. I'm thinking Axel will become Merle's stooly at some point. It's easy to imagine Daryl this way. Thanks!
ktikat13 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Aww I loved it you should keep going :)
Nova802 chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Perfect! I thought it was incredibly in-character of Daryl to withdraw when he was faced with all that emotional stress and of course he would seek out Carol and the baby, even if he doesn't realize that's what he's doing. And I love how quick on the uptake he is about Axel's intentions and the intensity and physicality of his reaction to it. Finally, I love how calm Carol is and although she gently pushes at his boundaries a little, she always seems to let Daryl's reactions be his reactions without judgement. I think this kind of acceptance would have been rare in his life.
MarionArnold chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Hah! Poor Axel has no clue. Loved Carol's confidence.
SuperAwesomePandaKitty chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
3 i hope this happens :D
Gone Random chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
First, I love how you're dealing with Merle here, because it would be difficult to have him join the group. He's tortured Glenn and doesn't play nice with others in general. So I think you painted a very rich scene here with lots of layers and having a disgruntled and belligerent Merle, howling in the background, was brilliant. He doesn't even have a specific line, but he's definitely present, for us and for Daryl.

You do the same thing with Judith. Obviously her care has become a top priority in their daily survival. They always have to have formula, someone always has to be holding her and so on. Your description of the baby puking was so vivid (bringing back many memories) that it added yet another layer of awareness in your story. By now all of our senses are alive, along with Daryl's.

So then, after you've dropped us in the middle of this very textured scene, Daryl narrows in on the sound of Axel following Carol up the stairs. Because of course Daryl is ALWAYS ultra aware of where Carol is and what she is doing. I adore Daryl in protective mode. And perhaps Axel was correct in his assumption of jealousy?

LOVE how Carol's unexpected touch completely undoes him. Suddenly he isn't as sure of himself. Suddenly he's lost his awareness of his environment as even Merle and Judith fade into the background. He's only aware of her. Awesome fic. Very satisfying. Now, how would he deal with Tyresse? Because, let's face it, Axel is little more than a cartoon character...
letmefallasleep chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Really good story, would be very interested to see you continue it, and where it could go. : )
Jesus.Lives chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
This was perfectly Daryl.