Reviews for Into The Dark
Asilla chapter 21 . 12/28/2017
This story is a refreshing take, I love it. I hope it isn't abandoned!
Random Flyer chapter 20 . 11/29/2017
I'm enjoying this story quite a bit. I like the situation you've set up and you're doing a great job keeping the cloak and dagger stuff going. My one concern is that the story pace is starting to drag. So far we've had lots of problems but no solutions or even hints at solutions. Danny doesn't ever improve his situation or even change his situation and it's getting a little repetitive at points. I know I've been tempted in some of my own stories to be so secretive with the mystery of who's behind the plot that I've sabotaged my own story telling by not moving the story forward at all. Danny can still have problems but maybe consider starting to solve a couple of his current problems and then grow new problems out of those solutions.

I really like the interactions Danny has with Robin. I think those are my favorite parts. I'm also eager to see where this goes, because you've got a good set up.

Thanks for posting!
mikaela2015 chapter 21 . 11/8/2017
Please update again soon
Waka Nibbolo chapter 4 . 5/30/2017
I gave it a fair wave, but I'm just not feeling the pull. Good effort though.
Akela Victoire chapter 21 . 5/26/2017
This story is pretty good! I hope you find the time and inspiration to continue it soon!
alrtos chapter 21 . 3/7/2017
Ah, teenagers and their escapades...
DragonSoul28 chapter 21 . 3/4/2017
so i just binged this and i got to say that i love it, i have always been a fan of the whole mentor Vlad role, but i think that most of the time it's too rushed. This on the other hand is spot on, well paced and packed full of decent character development. The only thing i would REALLY like to see is some more Phantom action, which i kind of feel you are building up to, but just try to not drag it on for too long. I would also like to see Dannys powers develop a little differently now that he has a mentor that cand kind of guide him, when he listens, and he is not left to figure it out on his own.
Pegasister60 chapter 21 . 2/15/2017
FINALLY CAUGHT UP!

Oh stars, Vlad you need to learn how to stop sending mixed messages!

Dick he can help you with more than you think he can.

Glad it's out now.

I CALLED IT, AMINA'S A THING THING! (can't think of the thing right now so i'll leave it as it is)

Oh stars SHE'S STILL WITH GREGOR!

What happened to Valerie?

Maddie you need to open your eyes.

Danny stop going out at night man! Where's your common sense?

(and that concludes my commentary, your book is amazing!)
KitKat816 chapter 21 . 2/12/2017
Can't wait 4 the next chapter!
Good luck!
KitKat xx
Good Witch of Babble chapter 21 . 2/9/2017
It definitely be nice if Vlad ends up slowly growing as a person through his interactions with Danny and Maddie, because he DOES have the potential to be a better person. His rapid mood swings are likely a cause of him isolating himself for ears from close personal relationships, and despite how harsh he's been when interacting with Danny at times he also shows that he can have great tolerance and patience (like an average person). This chapter just really made me hope to see that in the future, because in the long run -despite all the sketchy business 'dealings' he might have done in the past in his get rick quick scheme- Vlad does have the capacity to be a good person. It also, in a way, makes me think of Vlad being an interesting parallel to Slade; When Slade thought he got what he wanted he just wanted more and more, where as when Vlad got what he THOUGHT he wanted he realized it wasn't what he wanted after all. Not exactly the same in parallel, but similar enough that it makes me hope for Vlad to gradually become a better person -especially now that he's on the side that is trying to protect people this time.

The one big thing I see standing in the way of Vlad's patience and betterment as a person is having to deal with Danny, a person that tends to be more concerned with his enemies/ possible enemies welfare than his own at times. Instead of Danny being the stereotypical hero that wants to turn villains into heroes because he sees good in them, he's more likely to just be fine with hanging out with them as long as they're not committing crimes -which is definitely a heart attack waiting to happen for anyone that cares about Danny. It makes me think that the Titans are unknowingly dodging a bullet for not knowing Danny yet, because his lack of self-preservation for himself will be likely to make them all worried at some point.

I'm slightly worried myself about how things will go when Danny tries to talk to Amina, because from the sounds of things she definitely knew and is fine with Danny meeting up wither Jace and her. A part of me wonders if she DOES want to get to know Danny, while another part can't help but feel this could be a trap. Then there's also the possibility of Amina just trying to establish a sense of normalcy again so she can keep an eye on Danny, especially if she knew or had anything to do with that chip in Danny's arm. I hope for Danny's sake that she isn't planning anything, or being ordered to do anything, and that maybe Danny will be able to talk to Amina and possibly get some hint on what's going on.

I'm definitely going to be excited to see what happens next :)
GeneralJackStarling chapter 21 . 2/7/2017
:) Thanks for the new chapter!
Death of Snipers chapter 21 . 2/5/2017
I'm glad stuff seems to finally be picking up. I get the desire for suspence and build up, but when you're a reader waiting for updates, it starts to feel discouraging when you're 20 chapters in and Danny has yet to do anything of impact other than annoy Vlad. I get that that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.
mikaela2015 chapter 21 . 2/5/2017
Things are starting to get really intense

Good chapter though
The pen or The sword chapter 20 . 1/21/2017
I dont approve of how underpowered this danny is...
Altros chapter 20 . 12/28/2016
Ah, people leaving kids in the dark and being surprised when they drag the answeres out anyway...