Reviews for Into The Dark
alrtos chapter 21 . 3/7
Ah, teenagers and their escapades...
DragonSoul28 chapter 21 . 3/4
so i just binged this and i got to say that i love it, i have always been a fan of the whole mentor Vlad role, but i think that most of the time it's too rushed. This on the other hand is spot on, well paced and packed full of decent character development. The only thing i would REALLY like to see is some more Phantom action, which i kind of feel you are building up to, but just try to not drag it on for too long. I would also like to see Dannys powers develop a little differently now that he has a mentor that cand kind of guide him, when he listens, and he is not left to figure it out on his own.
Pegasister60 chapter 21 . 2/15
FINALLY CAUGHT UP!

Oh stars, Vlad you need to learn how to stop sending mixed messages!

Dick he can help you with more than you think he can.

Glad it's out now.

I CALLED IT, AMINA'S A THING THING! (can't think of the thing right now so i'll leave it as it is)

Oh stars SHE'S STILL WITH GREGOR!

What happened to Valerie?

Maddie you need to open your eyes.

Danny stop going out at night man! Where's your common sense?

(and that concludes my commentary, your book is amazing!)
KitKat816 chapter 21 . 2/12
Can't wait 4 the next chapter!
Good luck!
KitKat xx
Good Witch of Babble chapter 21 . 2/9
It definitely be nice if Vlad ends up slowly growing as a person through his interactions with Danny and Maddie, because he DOES have the potential to be a better person. His rapid mood swings are likely a cause of him isolating himself for ears from close personal relationships, and despite how harsh he's been when interacting with Danny at times he also shows that he can have great tolerance and patience (like an average person). This chapter just really made me hope to see that in the future, because in the long run -despite all the sketchy business 'dealings' he might have done in the past in his get rick quick scheme- Vlad does have the capacity to be a good person. It also, in a way, makes me think of Vlad being an interesting parallel to Slade; When Slade thought he got what he wanted he just wanted more and more, where as when Vlad got what he THOUGHT he wanted he realized it wasn't what he wanted after all. Not exactly the same in parallel, but similar enough that it makes me hope for Vlad to gradually become a better person -especially now that he's on the side that is trying to protect people this time.

The one big thing I see standing in the way of Vlad's patience and betterment as a person is having to deal with Danny, a person that tends to be more concerned with his enemies/ possible enemies welfare than his own at times. Instead of Danny being the stereotypical hero that wants to turn villains into heroes because he sees good in them, he's more likely to just be fine with hanging out with them as long as they're not committing crimes -which is definitely a heart attack waiting to happen for anyone that cares about Danny. It makes me think that the Titans are unknowingly dodging a bullet for not knowing Danny yet, because his lack of self-preservation for himself will be likely to make them all worried at some point.

I'm slightly worried myself about how things will go when Danny tries to talk to Amina, because from the sounds of things she definitely knew and is fine with Danny meeting up wither Jace and her. A part of me wonders if she DOES want to get to know Danny, while another part can't help but feel this could be a trap. Then there's also the possibility of Amina just trying to establish a sense of normalcy again so she can keep an eye on Danny, especially if she knew or had anything to do with that chip in Danny's arm. I hope for Danny's sake that she isn't planning anything, or being ordered to do anything, and that maybe Danny will be able to talk to Amina and possibly get some hint on what's going on.

I'm definitely going to be excited to see what happens next :)
GeneralJackStarling chapter 21 . 2/7
:) Thanks for the new chapter!
Death of Snipers chapter 21 . 2/5
I'm glad stuff seems to finally be picking up. I get the desire for suspence and build up, but when you're a reader waiting for updates, it starts to feel discouraging when you're 20 chapters in and Danny has yet to do anything of impact other than annoy Vlad. I get that that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.
mikaela2015 chapter 21 . 2/5
Things are starting to get really intense

Good chapter though
The pen or The sword chapter 20 . 1/21
I dont approve of how underpowered this danny is...
Altros chapter 20 . 12/28/2016
Ah, people leaving kids in the dark and being surprised when they drag the answeres out anyway...
Guest chapter 20 . 12/18/2016
Poor Danny. He's seriously spread thin, and paranoid. All he wants is some peace. :c Although everybody in their family is having a rough time, including Vlad. He has quite the self control. He hasn't done anything more than defend himself against Danny's distrustful, paranoid accusations towards him. Which I'm glad for. It means he's changing for the better! And if Danny was in a better place mentally, he'd probably realize that too.(He'd probably be a bit suspicious, but he wouldn't be frothing at the mouth, either like he is now.)
Guest chapter 20 . 12/6/2016
Yay! An update! I absolutely love this story and you couldn't have updated at a better time (finals ugh). I love your characterization of everyone and the slow build up to whatever you have planned. I do wish that there was a little more of the teen titans in this story but I'm really enjoying the time with Danny. Keep up the great work! I look forward to the next update!
GeneralJackStarling chapter 20 . 12/6/2016
YAY! New chapter! But what happens next?
Good Witch of Babble chapter 20 . 12/5/2016
It's far from reassuring that Vlad wasn't behind Jack's death, or the tracking device in Danny's arm, as it just means that all his actions toward Danny were simply him being himself -without any added stress of Danny figuring out some plan of his. And finding out that Vlad is apparently trying to keep Danny safe just solidifies how horrible Danny's situation is, and how lacking he is of any decent help, which just makes me continue to wish for Dick to get some hint that'll put him on the path to figuring out what's going on -hopefully in time to help Danny at some point, if not sooner then later. Of course I do really, REALLY want Danny to be able to help himself, at least for a while, because at the moment he has several people trying to control his life for entirely different reasons -making it feel like he's being pulled and pushed in different directions one after another. So it'd be nice if he'll be able to gain back a sense of autonomy soon, for however long it lasts, before someone tries to make a move to capture him or something, just so he doesn't feel so helpless when help does appear. Which I DESPERATELY hope happens, because I can't even guess at what might happen if help comes too late to save him from whoever has WHAT planned for him.

At the very least I feel some slight, and pathetically small, hope that Dick will be able to get an idea of how bad of a situation Danny is in, as there will now be evidence of the severity of the situation in Danny's medical records from the surgery. Though it is a VERY small amount of hope, I have to admit. There's not clue as to when Danny could have gotten that tracking device implanted in his arm, as he does heal extremely fast, and the most suspicious person is Vlad -who seems to know what's going on, but isn't the guilty party this time. It's just one huge mystery, with very little clues as to what's going on and why, and I have to wonder if the only way there's going to be enough clues for Dick to figure things out is if Danny himself is able to slowly piece things together. If anything, it'd be nice if Danny feels able to confide in Dick -at least a little- with what's been going on, and with what he finds out, because that'd be a guaranteed way to make sure Dick knew he had to watch out for Danny as Robin.

Honestly, this fic feels like trying to navigate a maze in the dark -pretty fun, but horribly frustrating when you try to find the solution. I'm almost mad at myself for loving it so much :)
Black-Feathered Nightingale chapter 20 . 12/4/2016
I always feel like crying when I read all what Danny has to go through. This mixture of neglect and abuse (physical or verbal, although I'm very curious to know whether violent Vlad is real or not), plus treating him like a child who 'doesn't need to know' even when it primarily concerns him... It is quite heart-wrenching to see how he blames himself on top of everything. I never saw Maddie as being a good mother, but her blindness beyond her own stress is practically as devastating in the long run as a good old shot with her ectogun. And nothing to heal from as easily.
Also looking forward to learning more about the mystery stalkers and their goons! And hopefully a reunion with Richard too...