Reviews for Unexpected Effects
Avery Potter Sequel chapter 21 . 12/17/2019
omg im going to f*cking cry that was so god damned beautiful Darn! its 2:30. i guess i have to go now. Bye! love you and your stories, you are an amazingly talented person/author and i hope to read more asap, bye again! have a wonderful morning, day, and or night. 3
Avery Potter Sequel chapter 20 . 12/17/2019
ohmygodthey'respooningialmoststartedhyperventalatingbecausethatissofreakingadorableandohmygoshitis2:07amandihaveschoolgoddammitidon'twanttodealwithschooliwanttoreadthisandthat'sitohmylordf*ckmylifeholyshiti'mgoingtodietomorrowimeanlatertodayifthisishardtoreadi'mreallysorrybutilovethisalothaveyouheardofgrape? its granger and snape so isnt as good as snarry or drarry, which will always be my all time favorite above all. i dont remember what cedric and harry are called though. you should do a story of cedric and harry what about cedric and ron, drarry(duh), pansmione(pansyhermione), blairon(blaiseron), and ginny with luna? that would be cool. everyone could have their own couple sort of thing, like in Ostriches. That one is amazing, it's why I'm here now. Anywayit's now 2:13, so im going to read until 2:30 then sleep. bye! Love ya!
Guest chapter 32 . 12/15/2019
Harry isn't gay. He also would not be attracted to Severus. This is disgusting.
xikum chapter 26 . 12/6/2019
I have to wonder just WTF the people (I won't call them healers) from St Mungos - if that is truly where they are from - are making Harry change back & forth between human and basilisk form so many times, and so quickly - clearly seeing the pain and injury they are causing. He should only need 1 - that's ONE shape change. That's change to basilisk, take data, do tests, change back to human, do tests, done. I have to wonder what is really going on. And, what's the lotion or salves they are putting on him? Severus Needs to be there, and I don't understand why Poppy hasn't already objected as well.
xikum chapter 21 . 12/6/2019
Yes, finally Shape spoke the words, what Harry needs - even tho his actions have spoken so clearly for so long. Yet they are different people, and Severus has known all along that they each have such different needs. It is good that he bent to accept and act on what Harry needed by saying the words. Harry is younger and has lead a life that needs such clarity, and actions by themselves may be misread; Harry was confused regarding Severus acts - are they signs of love of a friend, family ? Yes, it was true, as Severus said, Harry knew what he wanted, tho it took long for him to realize and admit to himself, yet Harry did not know where Severus stood until he said. It was so very important for Severus to clarify for Harry. Well and finally done, because once fully acknowoedged, neither of these would give up the other for the world. Thank you!
Enclave1 chapter 6 . 11/30/2019
Could meditate.
It works if he goes far enough in his mind doesn't it?
With werewolves its supposed to be they can't have great occlumency but they can still see they're mind.
Maybe he could bring the transformation fourth
shera98 chapter 16 . 11/28/2019
Again noticed another possible date issue. Harry turned 21 in this chapter, but I think he should be turning 20. 2 chapters ago he said he was almost 20 and that was Christmas then 1 chapter ago was through at least April before he turned 20. Probably not a huge deal, but distracts from the story some wondering why there's the sudden time skip.
shera98 chapter 11 . 11/28/2019
I've read this before, but it's been a while. I really like this story. One thing in this chapter confused me and I had to stop reading to puzzle it out. The dates on the potions Harry gives Severus all say '01. But shouldn't it be 1999? War ended 5/98. Harry first changed somewhere around 10/98, worked with Severus all that year and graduated in 1999. Spent summer of 99 living in Spinners End, back to Hogwarts in September and now it's Christmas, still 1999. I thought maybe Harry was aged up but remember reading it mentions Harry was 18 earlier in the story. Just curious if the dates are wrong because it was something that stopped me from reading because it took me out of the story.
Guest chapter 32 . 9/15/2019
I have truly enjoyed this novel. I love your portrayal of both Harry and Severus.
littleanniebutterfly chapter 32 . 9/7/2019
The sheer depth of realistic human emotion and interaction in this story is... utterly remarkably.

You had me suddenly realise in the middle of the night that there were burning hot tears dripping down my cheeks, to smiling later on.

It was painful how complicated and real the emotions within the story were. The conflicting emotions of love and hurt -and the many variables of the two- were so raw it left me feeling... I’m not sure even how to describe it. Just as if this story was /real/.

Thank you.

(Ps. In case it wasn’t clear, I read the Snarry Version)
LoonyLuiny chapter 32 . 8/2/2019
Beautiful! I have no words.
katie.hoijer chapter 17 . 7/7/2019
equipment
Guest chapter 12 . 6/17/2019
I have been enjoying your story. I don't lease thanks/kudos much but here is some for you. :).
ur slipper chapter 32 . 5/24/2019
OH MYGODNO.
it's ended.
me is sad as hell
I can't
bagelthebunny chapter 32 . 4/4/2019
To be honest, I may have already given you a review before, but either way I am writing another now. This is definitely one of those fan fictions which I find myself drawn back to time and time again. It is such a feel-good piece of writing, filled with drama but not overly much. I really appreciate how the drama did not need a love triangle or any of those cliches to add to its depth. It was amazing because it was just so normal. I especially must commend the way you took your time when writing this. I love how the pairing aspect of it came in later, as an after thought. It was a perfect way to show how a relationship can develop and change over time. And speaking of the relationship, I must say that the finesse which you depicted the relationship between Harry and Severus is amazing. I feel like so many people either go to one of two extremes in Severus pairings: they fluff him up and play into the idea that he is a victim, weakening his character and turning him into an overly sentimental romantic who was forced by his situation to turn acerbic and bitter but truly just wants some love; or they go with the idea of him being a hardass who gives no shits and will say whatever no matter the moment, spewing diatribes and snobbish expletives for the sake of cruelty and end up portraying him as a abusive asshole (either intentionally or unintentionally, though unintentionally is so much worse because romanticizing abuse is never okay). I really have so much appreciation for the fact that you were able to balance the idea that Severus Snape could be in a relationship, a healthy relationship, while still maintaining the integrity of his character, which I think is so crucial. It is so easy to take away that aspect of him, but doing so ruins his character and makes the story boring, and I am so glad you wrote him the way you did: an intensely personal character who may not hold back but certainly takes care of those he loves.
Other than that, I do have a couple requests which you have absolutely no obligations whatsoever to fulfill; but, I would love to see more scenes of people discovering Harry's relationship. Hermione and Ron were so satisfying, like a break from Harry's overwrought emotions and a breath of fresh air, so I would like to see more of that. Also, Neville. Just, why? His character in this actually confused me. Where does his need for a girlfriends stem from? Does he still struggle with some type of inferiority complex? How negatively did Harry's situation impact him, if at all? I feel like Neville's very presence added another hint of intrigue into the story line and I would've loved to get more about him. Another thing, many people play into the idea that Harry is close with all the Weasley's, but in this you made it seem like Ron, Hermione, and Neville were his only close friends/family. Why is that? Is that because of a lack of time or care, or because for some reason, perhaps his stint as a basilisk, he just felt disconnected from the others. I would love to hear more about his other relationships and how he balances that with Severus. Also, you touched on this a couple time, the idea of backlash from the students over their relationship, but I think delving further into that can broaden the depth of you story. Perhaps, bringing in the idea of student contention or support? What were their takes on their professors dating? I don't know. None of this is particularly necessary. Just me rambling on about little, personal queries I have pondered about. So, don't feel obligated to answer all of them, as a matter of fact I don't expect you too and would be almost a little disappointed if you had that many details in your story. I absolutely, completely give all props to you for not including a detailed list of a summary, stating where every character went, who they married, how many children they had ,etc. So many people do that and it just destroys the idea of intrigue. There is a fine balance between a completely open ending and giving up on allowing your readers to draw their on conclusions, and I definitely think you balanced on the line perfectly.
So, I just want to thank you for this incredible piece of work, and wish you all the best in your future writing endeavors! This was amazing, you have a gift, and you should never stop writing!