Reviews for Kopa's Legacy — Book III: Heirs of the Pride
Actene chapter 3 . 12/10/2012
Well, for all the attention it got last book the loss of Kiara's cub certainly got glossed over a bit here. Saying that Kiara was "depressed" seems to be putting it a bit lightly, though it was good that we got a look at how she's handling the grief by focusing on Kopa. Whether or not she falls apart once that isn't there to distract her remains to be seen. The reminder of how much more used to hardship Vitani is than your average Prideland-raised lion was a nice insight as well; I hope this tougher side manifests itself more as the book progresses further.

An interesting flashback, though given recent events I must ask why Tumaini's thoughts are being presented in a memory that seems to belong to Kopa. Maybe this isn't entirely Kopa's mind we're seeing here and Tumaini's spirit is in some sort of lion limbo or maybe I'm just thinking about it too much. Either way, the next chapter should be pretty interesting. I guess we'll find out if Fujo plans to help Kopa escape or silence the one person who's seen through him.
T5Tango chapter 3 . 12/9/2012
Great chapter. I know it's hard for her, but in the long run, Kiara's loss will help her to mature. I really connected with Kopa here, how can you lose someone who was there only a moment ago, and why does time only move in one direction?
T5Tango chapter 2 . 12/9/2012
No, not Tumaini. I was not expecting him to die, not yet anyways. But I dont hate Janga, I feel sorry for her. She is much more like Scar than she knows or will admit. The detail that stood out to me was the comparison of Sarabi's eyes holding Scar calculating hate in Janga's face.
ASniper chapter 3 . 12/9/2012
Not much change in the status quo through this chapter, although both parties shown get a change in course towards the end of their parts. By the number of chapters Kovu, Kiara, and Vitani have spent running, it seems to me they've spent a lot more time running than they might actually have, so it's good they have a real destination in mind now instead of aimlessly running, and that they'll have a purpose for their direction instead of coincidentally running into someone for the sake of the plot.

It was nice to get a bit of fill-in about Kopa's time growing up with Tumaini, and I hope we'll get more little flashbacks as we've had before.
Independent Reclaimer chapter 3 . 12/9/2012
There's more of a savageness that's been polished to the article. It's not unique in any known way but another high-quality chapter from the Books. The return of Fujo was quite... predictable in a sense. The way you have pulled off his return as a cliffhangar was somewhat '5% cheesy'. (9.0/10)
Asante chapter 3 . 12/8/2012
Well, after a good hard cry, I'm back to reviewing. Still feeling a bit sick right now - sort of how I felt after watching Mufasa's death scene in The Lion King for the first time.

I can't help comparing how this version of Kopa reacts to situations versus how my version of Kopa would react in the same situations. Not sure how Kopa's going to respond to Fujo coming in but my Kopa would probably murder Fujo without pausing to ask questions and then go on a suicidal rampage looking for Janga throughout the tunnels.

Grammar suggestion:

"She slowly looked up to meet her eyes with his again." Although I don't see anything wrong with the grammar per se, I think it would flow better to say "to meet his eyes again" instead of "to meet her eyes with his again."
Asante chapter 2 . 12/8/2012
I can't really say that much about this chapter cause I need to get in bed and cry my eyes out.

One grammatical problem:

"Would Tumaini would still be alive?" Need to remove the second "would."
alaina chapter 3 . 12/8/2012
im addicted to this story, i started book one 4 hours ago and now im on the edge of my seat for the next chapter!
akajust1 chapter 3 . 12/8/2012
wow did't relies it was a flashback till the end i thought kopa died and lost his memory in the afterlife i feel bad for kopa can't wait for the next chapter...
Brodie-001 chapter 3 . 12/8/2012
Decent bit of exposition here at the start, I must say. Good to see Kovu's thoughts in this as well, as I haven't seen much development on his part until recently, so he has a nice amount of characterisation within this chapter as well. Regarding Kopa, the recollection of his first meeting with Tumaini is quite hard hitting, both for readers of this story and the character himself, losing a close one being very hard on our protagonist here. As a final note, I just thought I'd say that you are truly a master at leaving your readers wanting more at the end of each chapter. Looking forward to the next one.
Bookworm Gal chapter 3 . 12/8/2012
This is a very nice start to your third story, even if it involves killing off a character suddenly. And the flashbacks only made the death more painful. Nice work.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 3 . 12/7/2012
Wow, Kopa's pain and past was all painfully descriptive. I actually felt as if I was in Kopa's place and experiencing everything he was. That's just an amaing accomplishment. I can also see all the references to the previous books. I'm guessing it's just to refresh everyone's memories. But I must say that this is definitely above your average work. I't truly incredible I really want to know what Fujo plans on doing.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 2 . 12/7/2012
I can't believe it. Tumaini is actually dead? It's so shocking, I felt as if he was one of those main characters that would stay till the end. When I said no one would hate you for killing off characters, I might be wrong because this is a rather big death. I am itching to read more!
Zero Unit RGB chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Sorry I didn't read earlier, I actually didn't know it was already uplaoded. I think I read the publish date wrong because I thought it was today. anyway, you know my thoughts on the prologue already. I think. Anyway, can't wait to see what happens next!
anonymous chapter 3 . 12/7/2012
that last comment completely describes my current state of mind
190 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »