Reviews for Kopa's Legacy — Book III: Heirs of the Pride
Goodbye0Bluesky chapter 6 . 4/17/2013
Another fantastic chapter. It might have been a filler, but filler are just that, fillers, which you use to fill in these gaps. It's nice to read about some peace for a change too. It a welcome change from all of this angst you're throwing at them! Not that I mind ;)
Goodbye0Bluesky chapter 5 . 4/17/2013
Whew, let me just have a breather for a moment. Wow. That battle was so cleverly written and descriptive and detailed and oh! It was simply amazing! Poor Siri, she was heartbroken after Tumaini died... And what of Mateka? What's she doing? I guess I'll have to read on to find out!
Goodbye0Bluesky chapter 4 . 4/17/2013
AWWW, What?! No reunion? Oh man, you certainly had me on the edge of my seat for this chapter. I wonder if Janga's scar will play up in later chapters. I think it's a good plot addition. Now she had even more reason to get back at Kopa. And Fujo. Ever elusive and slippery Fujo. He really is an enigma, isn't he? Anyways, looking forward to delving into the next chapter. Nice job!
Goodbye0Bluesky chapter 3 . 4/17/2013
AAAAAGH! PLOT TWIST! My god, mate, you just have me half a heart attack. Stop with the plot twists already! What a cool chapter this was. There wasn't any major action or anything, but it was still very fulfilling to read. Good job!
Goodbye0Bluesky chapter 2 . 4/17/2013
NOOO! Tumaini's dead for real this time! Siri will be heartbroken... And poor Kopa, too. He's losing everyone he cares about... Cool chapter, and Janga's turning on Tumaini was so unexpected! Another plot twist, I guess... Very nicely written. Your level of description gets me every time. I can see things so vividly and in-depth, it truly is amazing. Awesome!
Goodbye0Bluesky chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Ooo! Promising prologue! And yes, I am wondering about Janga's past with Mheetu, but I'll just read and find out for myself.. It was really surprising to see his name, because we haven't heard much from him, if at all... Anyways, onto the next chapter!
jtgil chapter 12 . 3/26/2013
Love it! And the story is very well written, (and planned)! I look forward to reading the rest of the books! But where are the Bloopers and Outtakes?
yeti chapter 12 . 3/23/2013
Wonderful story so far! I can't wait for the next book!
22teamplayer chapter 12 . 3/8/2013
WOW! That was one kickass story. I can't wait for the next part.
It really is hard to tell who is good and who is bad in this story. Like Fujo said, everyone has their own perspective, and good and evil are all a matter of one's point of view. If it was you, where do you draw the line between yourself and the enemy?

You could say that Janga is a murdering, evil b*tch. But look what she had to go through. No wonder she's so screwed up in the head. Even if her anger seems to be quite misdirected.

It's just one vicious circle. Scar got screwed when he was a kid. He screws Mufasa, Simba, Kopa (through Zira), and Janga; who then wants revenge. So she screws Simba and Kopa, but is then screwed by Fujo, who felt he got screwed by Malka; ect. WHEN DOES IT END?

Sorry for the rant. I love your work. Keep it up.
Brodie-001 chapter 12 . 2/12/2013
Well, that's that. A nice, happy ending, daww. I've enjoyed reading this, in spite of my hiatus near the end, and good to see a non-cliffhanger (No enigmatic lions pulling themselves out of dark abysses, then?) way to end this story, though by your comments, I've a feeling that things are about to get worse, with Janga out there and so on. I'm finding myself liking the characters much more than I did at the start, not exactly being a TLK aficionado like yourself, and I am looking forward to the next book. :D
Brodie-001 chapter 11 . 2/12/2013
By this point, I can imagine Janga waving her paw in the air shouting "Curses, foiled again!" Of course, as the appointed villain she lives to fight another day, with promises of revenge and so on. Moving on, I think her defeat was overshadowed quite a bit by Fujo's actions, including attacking his own brother (although Malka was trying to bring down a mountain, so I suppose that was justified). Now I'll admit, I didn't like him very much, and he is as stated above, a morally ambiguous character, with all his running around, betraying and not-quite-betraying people all over the place, but I was surprised at his death. Now, while that doesn't exactly redeem him in my eyes, I won't lie in saying that I never saw it coming. That said, as a writer myself, I'm aware of what is referred to as a 'Disney Villain Death'. People/Lions aren't dead until the body is shown, story-wise, though that might just be me looking too deeply into it. Only time will tell...

That said, things are quite well wrapped-up here. On to the epilogue, then!
Brodie-001 chapter 10 . 2/12/2013
Ah, heroics all round from Kopa and the gang. I suppose we've all been waiting for this reunion for a while now, and I enjoyed seeing it play out. This seems to be the whole 'coming together' chapter, something I believe I've commented on in the last book. The protagonists gathering for the 'final battle', as it were. Kopa's really been coming into his own recently, this chapter in particular showcasing this as he fights off Janga's goons. Time to see this through to the end, I think.
Brodie-001 chapter 9 . 2/2/2013
A solid chapter, one that fuels my dislike for Fujo even more for his smug bastardness. Looks like everyone's coming together, too, as the battle with Janga's forces draws near. Not too much else to say about this one, in all honesty, though I was a little confused as to what was going on at one point due to the constant switching of characters, and had to look back earlier to figure out who was who. Then again, that's largely due to my hiatus in reading for a while more than anything else.
Brodie-001 chapter 8 . 2/2/2013
Right, told ya I'd get to reviewing again when I had the chance. Well, I'll have to agree with the author's note about this being the darkest chapter yet. Really puts another layer of evil onto Scar, who while being a major villain in the film for obvious reasons, always seemed a little silly to me at times. This chapter's look at Janga's past in particular, in your usual style of giving the reader little bits of backstory at a time (something I approve of) and really gives some insight into how she became like she is now. Still don't like her very much as a person, uh, lioness, but in terms of character development this chapter is very well done, particularly in light of the real-world circumstances when this was put out.
SomeOtherPerson chapter 12 . 12/30/2012
This needs to be animated! It flows so well, no part overwhelms another, perfect harmony. I love this story and I can't wait for the next installments, and if they are as good as these 3 books have been, I will most likely cry and I will be happy.
190 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »