Reviews for Kopa's Legacy — Book III: Heirs of the Pride
ASniper chapter 12 . 12/25/2012
And all's well that leaves of until the next book well. I know we have Mheetu's mystery to unravel now, but there seem to be not as many plot lines to continue as before. We'll certainly have new ones create and develop, but it may be time to downsize the cast, either by death or by simply being written out.

Maybe I've missed it, but I'd really like to get an exact count of Janga's pride. Just how many does she have left between the returning search parties and those cut off inside the mountain, and is it really enough to pose any threat to Simba and Malka's combined prides? Well, we'll find out. Merry Christmas, 'cause it ain't twelve midnight here yet.
ASniper chapter 11 . 12/25/2012
Gotta love a plot-driven second wind. Kopa was just nearly crippled by Kivuli and her group, and yet has the strength to go up against Janga. But I digress, his reunion did earn him a bit of an expected boost, and he's defeated, which shows he's not getting better out of the blue, he's just being more driven. So it counts as a bit of the advancement in ability I've been thinking about.

As for Fujo . . . well, I definitely didn't see his death coming. I thought we'd always have that sly, magnificent bastard in the background making trouble, but it made for a good finale. Saving Afua wasn't something I'd call a redeeming action, we knew he cared deeply for his nephew(s) all along, but taking into account Fujo considered killing Afua when he first walked in helps the idea of Fujo realizing he may have been in the wrong.
ASniper chapter 10 . 12/25/2012
Definitely catching that bit of parallel to Mufasa bailing out Simba in the movie, although the situation's far more serious here. It wasn't a trio of half-comic relief hyenas (though Shenzi was rather sinister in Janga's recollection, which was neat), but Kivuli we're dealing with, who's been established as a competent fighter and we see in the chapter can be quite ruthless. Kopa's decision to stand and go down fighting was nice, though if we are to see him take over leadership of the pride from Simba, we might expect him to reach his father's level of combat ability by that time.
ASniper chapter 9 . 12/25/2012
A few reunions, a few more close in, and backup's on its way. The chapter's more of necessary setup for events we've been waiting for, but it serves as good lead-up. I'd have liked to get a bit more detail out of the elephant graveyard, how the ages of titans coming to die has built up a landscape of bone, but it could have potentially made it drag on, and I think we had a bit of description earlier anyway.
Independent Reclaimer chapter 12 . 12/25/2012
Ah, a lovely lighthearted ending. Personally I thought this book should have ended it all (and sadly it definitely deceived me since there's two more books left). This is the best of the three epilogues and the book bent some of the brighter aspects of this tale. (Epilogue: 4.8/5 Book 4.9/5)
Independent Reclaimer chapter 11 . 12/25/2012
Well, back to A Broken Trust II again. This is a dramatic way to end a story even though its doesn't seem to provoke or contradict the execution. Fujo was, however, overdramatic in his own way that I'd rather not say. Very few parts of this chapter seemed cliché for some reason (I'd rather not explain, again.) Anyway, it was decent for the end of the book but not one of the very special moments in the entire series. (4.3/5)
Independent Reclaimer chapter 10 . 12/25/2012
Lucky you didn't pull that off until Book 5, where everyone would be bored off their knockers. It's 'quite' fast as I said in my previous review but this was appropriate for this situation and shouldn't cause much harm in the way of storytelling. (4.8/5)
Independent Reclaimer chapter 9 . 12/25/2012
Doesn't live up to the previous chapter though I doubt it's trying to. Quite light in my view so its a very fast, careless transition into this chapter, even if it's in a different perspective. (3.4/5)
Independent Reclaimer chapter 8 . 12/25/2012
This is a... peculiar chapter compared to the whole series. Revelation and judgment appears to have fulfilled its duty on the whole book. I'd say 'Woah' on a megaton scale but to keep it realistic, I'm just going to keep a rating. (Oh and I'm using the ratings on a 5 scale so it doesn't look like I'm favoring your stories and keeping them at a fair scale. (4.8/5)
ggctuk chapter 12 . 12/24/2012
What a touching ending to what was quite a dark story. I look forward to the next chapter in this story, and of course, the gag reel if you make one! Keep up the good work!
MuggleCreator chapter 12 . 12/23/2012
Hooray! Now he's got his family back, things will be on the up a bit?
MuggleCreator chapter 11 . 12/23/2012
Ah, that guy is so confusing!
Goodbye0Bluesky chapter 12 . 12/22/2012
So, this is what I'm wondering...Is there going to be something between Vitani and Kopa? I can see it happening, but there are other character like Mateka who would match well with Kopa, too...

Hmm...We'll see...

Nice job on the epilogue and last chapter, too! Can't wait for the next book!
Zero Unit RGB chapter 12 . 12/22/2012
I loved this story! You're one of the best writer on this site and I'm happy there are people like you around in the first place. It's what makes Lion King fans like me happy. Can't wait for the next book and a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you! :)
Zero Unit RGB chapter 11 . 12/22/2012
Like I said, unclear enemies. I read Asante's comment as well and I disagree with him. Many times someone is the bad guy but they don't realize they are the bad guy. Instead they are the twisted one that has good intentions, that feel they are doing right when it is truly wrong. That's the kind of bad guy I'm trying to create in my stories.
190 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »