Reviews for Truth is Stranger Than Fiction
Ruth chapter 3 . 8/8/2014
These collections of stories have been amazing!
Hummingbird2 chapter 3 . 1/26/2013
That was a terrific finale' to a great series (and it also would've made for one heck of a final episode), thank you very much!

I loved this: Special thanks go to: My editor, fact-checker, and researcher, Susan Rubinstein (affectionately known as Snooky). Without her, this book would never have made it to the printers.

*Grin*
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 3 . 12/28/2012
You've tied the loose ends up from your previous stories nicely. I particularly like the acknowledgments, and the scene around the Hogan dinner table.
ME chapter 3 . 12/24/2012
I have so thoroughly enjoyed all 3 of your stories and can't think of a better way for them to end. Well done. What's next?
Jennaya chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
Awesome ending. I love it. So Hochstetter just went back to work.
Rutika chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
Terrific ending! I especially like Garrett's acknowledgements at the end
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
So Mitch got to write his book after all...I guess that explains SNAFU, FUBAR, TARFU and SUSFU! Where else would Mitch's editor have gotten that information?

I never dreamed Hochstetter would take the revelation of Papa Bear so calmly! But then, what could he have done about it?

Hilarious that you don't name Hogan's bride. Hilda, Helga, Dr. Lechay, Tiger or Gretchen or Olga, or Lily? Or none of the above. I guess we all have our own favorites! And nice touch giving Hogan a sister named Ruth, and a mother who calls him Liebchen.

But I think my favorite part was Hogan's family frantically going through his old letters for clues!
konarciq chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
You know, I feel oddly let down. This intriguing story was just beginning, and already you've marked it complete? Skipping over so many interesting scenes... I know it was just meant as an epilogue, but this story isn't anywhere *near* complete. It may be finished as in "gotten to the end", but there is so much missing that I cannot possibly consider it "complete"!
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
A wonderful story. Hogan's briefing of Hochstetter was the cherry on top of the whipped cream!

"How did those rings of steel work out for you, Wolfgang?" - Best line ever!
Hildegaarde chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
I like the way you've ended the story as though it's the end of Garrett's book, with all the credits listed, although I must confess to some disappointment at seeing the story marked 'complete'.

The scene at the beginning of the chapter with young Michael saluting Hogan 'like a good soldier' is really sweet!
mmwaveprincess chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
Nice. Very nice. Thank you for letting us read your 'book'.
ColHogan chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
So sad to see this story end. But I had to laugh at Hogan's telling his family about the operation and at his nephew Michael. And Hogan was right. The kids were taking things better than the adults. Also loved Hogan meeting with Hochstetter. Sounds like Wolfie had resigned himself to what Hogan was about to tell him, and have to enjoy the satisfaction in the knowledge that he was correct about Hogan being Papa Bear. Also nice to see Garrett wrote a successful book with some help. Also enjoyed that the author had to help Garrett get the book to a publisher.
rutika chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
Very funny. By the way, the turkey dinner worked out okay. We also had hamburgers, meat loaf, spaghetti sauce for weeks after that! And so on and so forth ...
konarciq chapter 2 . 12/16/2012
Nice chapter, with little snippets of their post war lives and the effect this news had on it. Would have liked to have seen a bit more of Carter though. Maybe later on?

And poor Newkirk getting slapped for what he'd done... :-D
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 2 . 12/13/2012
It was interesting hearing how everyone's lives were going and their reactions to the news that the cat will be let out of the bag.

I can see Carter working for DuPont. And DuPont and Delaware go together like ham and eggs. Growing up in South Jersey, I'm well aware of the relationship between the two.

I'm curious as to how the release of the details will affect people like Klink. Schultz, and Burkhalter. We already pretty much know how Hochstetter will react.