Reviews for As We Dream by the Fire
vvv chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
My eyes got all teary - the story was so sad - to watch the innocence of a soul fade away :_(, but it was beautiful too :) .
Garnet-Princess chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Type your review here...
NathanielUnderwood chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Aw! That was so sad! I feel so bad for Barti... He basically watched Nat die...

Of course, I feel bad for Nathaniel, too... His death in the book was so sad... Poor Natty... He was always one of my favorite characters...
macrauchenia chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
This was absolutely gorgeous :'D
Jeez, my heart is now permanently shattered.
Thank you for writing such a heartbreaking fic :'D
Resha04 chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Beautiful. Very gentle and sad and beautiful.
I feel like saying 'beautiful' only once isn't enough for your Bartimaeus Trilogy fics.
I love how you portray their relationship. Bartimaeus might not care, but at the same time he did care. It's just really hard to describe, their relationship. But you wrote it really well. I'm glad to see the caring side of the good ol' Bart.
And I like how you use repetition, especially "a chain is a chain is a chain".

The ending really completes this fic. The world moves on, as painful as that is, but it's somehow relieving the pain a bit to know that someone still remembers Nathaniel.
GingerLover123 chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Ah god. So freakin painful to read :(
But it's beautiful
masterdisk chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
very sad but so amazing!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
I finally worked up the courage to finish Ptolemy's Gate and wow.

/Ow/.

That was so well written and such a good portrayal of their relationship. Bartimaeus is bitter and angry and he won't ever let Nathaniel show that he cares and he maybe won't even fully admit it to himself and Nathaniel is tired and broken and.

/UGH/.

This was really beautiful. Thank you for this.
PurpleDoubt chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
This was really well. It's rather short, but it's really nice and quite nice, I like it.
TheHumorous1 chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
This was beautiful. I feel so inferior after reading this. I might as well be a kindergartener. Might as well write my stories in white crayon on computer paper. That way I won't embarrass myself or others with my future work so long as the memory of this submission remains in my less talented mind. I'm going to go print out some pages of drafts I've done and feed them to my fire, who deserves the filth more than you poor readers do. I wash my hands of this. I'm sorry I desecrated this post with my peasantry, my literary master. *ahem cough* sorry, I got a little carried away with that review. Meh, twas okay. Mediocre at best. *wipes tear from eye*

But seriously, this was very well written!
Ramblings-And-Randomness chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I don't think I'll be able to look out the window without crying for the rest of the winter. Bravo!
terramari chapter 1 . 12/7/2012