Reviews for Brian's So-Called Life
Toni America chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Nice... Very introspective. Brian's musings were deep and relatable. I like the connection he found with this mystery girl and how one could say they're even like kindred spirits. Good job, Good character analysis, and awesome plausibility. It really felt like one of those exciting first encounters. Kudos. You should do another with the two!
Elle chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Such a great little piece!
Jody Barsch chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
This piece is nicely paced and self-contained; nice closing. I've always held the belief that part of what makes the Angela-Jordan thing so hard for Brian is that Brian can't help but like Jordan, I like how that's part of your Brian's perspective - he's not resentful of Jordan because he's a dumb jerk, he's "too perfect" which, of course, he's not, but I like that Brian's own insecurities make him believe it.
It's also nice how Brian's camera moves from one individual to another.
"I hadn't really noticed until now how mechanical everything about my life is becoming. ... I click photo after photo. Capture face after face, smile after smile."
PiratelfDair chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I think this is lovely! Brian is rarely written well, in my opinion, he comes out too jealous, too mean, too thoughtless, or too oblivious, but I think you have really captured him here. Great writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Yay a perfect someone for Brian, he so deserves someone who likes him back ! Thanx for a great story, really loved it :0)