Reviews for Something to Someone
Wikked Grin chapter 29 . 11/21/2016
Duuuuude. I want more!
UnchartedPlace chapter 28 . 11/2/2016
Nice chapter! I hope there's a lot more to come.
Uncharted Place chapter 26 . 9/3/2016
I hope you update soon. This story is pretty amazing. I especially like the way you write characters and incorporate elements from real world mythology. It adds a level of sophistication that not many other HT stories have on this site. I would take things away from the hotel, though. It felt exciting when Mavis and Jonathan went to Underworld and went exploring but now that they're back after only a few chapters it doesn't feel as epic as it could be yet. It looks like there may be a way to make Jonathan immortal without turning him into a vampire. Combine that with the threat posed by the goggled dude and you've got a quest in the making. Please keep it up.
Wikked Grin chapter 26 . 8/6/2016
This is a really great story. I can't stand to read any of the other HT fanfics so far, really hope you continue this.
KLRocks100 chapter 18 . 3/21/2016
You should have them bring back Martha, that would be cool! Just a though.
johnnyv1986 chapter 24 . 3/6/2016
Great story, can't wait for the next chapter/update!
BillyCarol chapter 19 . 1/10/2016
This is such an amazing story, and I hope you continue to post updates! Seriously, the story has so much depth and potential continuing conflicts. Please continue writing!
Warm as Fire chapter 17 . 6/24/2015
I really hope you'll finish this story, I love it :)
tonycn12 chapter 17 . 5/4/2014
you should finish the story
Guest chapter 12 . 1/22/2014
I love the way your writing flows, and the way the plot is unfolding. please keep writing.
hatchlingpendragon chapter 17 . 12/29/2013
I've liked reading your story very much. It has a lovely mix of humor, adventure, and emotional depth. You're good at original characters, I really like Medusa and her interactions with the others, and am curious to hear more of her story. As to Mavis's and Johnny's argument, I love the perspectives there, like how they would seem under the public eyes, both humans' and monsters', I'd not considered that. This argument of theirs is very believable too, both of their frustrations being expressed in words and gestures. Ahh, poor Mavis... Her seeking comfort in Dracula like that was very evocative.

I look forward to more, to see how everyone goes from here. Very well written!
Sondardo chapter 17 . 12/17/2013
Wow, that was pretty intense! On one hand, a good portion of this chapter was depicting our heroes having harmless and carefree fun with toad guns (haha)... It was nice to see that, it was very reminiscent of the playful nature that the movie had to begin with! It seems Johnny hasn't lost his touch to bring the fun wherever he goes, hehe!

And, that fight Medusa and Drac had? Pure genius! They bickered about Mavis, about the fact that Drac was still smothering her, that she wasn't a mere child anymore, but now a young adult! Really, the way you pulled it off, it sounded like a mother and a father arguing between themselves... I could totally picture Medusa as Mavis' new mother, she seems to care about Mavis, enough so that she can fend off for herself, but not too much, to not suffocate her. And, that last bit? About Medusa being afraid of petrifying her family because of her gorgon's power? Pure genius! I'm sure that Drac now possesses at least a little measure of respect for Medusa now...

Still, the part I was waiting for was... that fight between Mavis and Johnny. So... that was why Mavis didn't want Johnny to become a vampire! Because she loves the fact that he's a human, because she thinks that the fact that they're a monster-human couple could bring hope for peace between the two sides. She sees her relationship with Johnny, like it was a miracle, a blessing, that they could be the ushers of a new era of peace between humankind and monsterkind! Though, like Johnny pointed out, that's... a little naive. Oh, okay, and she doesn't want to turn Johnny because she's afraid of the pain he'll have to endure, because she's afraid he could die in the process... She's also afraid that Johnny might eventually resent her for robbing him of his humanity...

Still, Johnny does have a point. Would Mavis really want to watch Johnny grow old and die on her? I don't think so! I just think... she's not ready yet to turn him into a vampire, she... wants him to stay a human for a little longer... Anyway, that fight they got, that was... amazing, really! I can't wait to see them make up though, I'm sure Johnny feels as miserable as Mavis now, for being a little clumsy in their conversation and having devolved it into a fight... Perhaps... they could agree to a compromise? Perhaps... Mavis could turn Johnny during their wedding, or something similar? That way, she'll get to enjoy him as a human for a few more months or years...

Oh, and Mavis has her dad's blessings for learning Archery? Ohh, I want to see how it will go! Perhaps her anger and frustrations from her fight with Johnny will bring out hidden talents that she didn't knew she had, hehe!

Anyway, masterful job! I really enjoyed reading this! You really love to write chapters with conflicting emotions, aren't you? I mean, this chapter was half about something harmless and funny, and half about something dead serious. So, yeah, these opposites clashed really well in this chapter, making it really interesting! Keep it up, you're doing great!
wallaceb chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
i really liked this chapter. i am not surprised at all that Drac would cheat the way he did, and to have him lose was perfect, and the complete and total astonishment when reality dawned in him that he lost was great.

i liked the fight between Johnny and Mavis, they both have great points. Mavis likes Johnny being a human because it will help bring monsters and humans closer together, of course Johnny is getting older, and he will never get that time back.

well done! update soon.
wallaceb chapter 16 . 11/18/2013
i liked the skating, it was humorous and a nice detail. i also enjoy the banter between Medusa and Drac, it is always good for a laugh or two.

i am very surprised Mavis is as apprehensive about talking to Johnny about the transformation process as she is. Does she know something that she is not willing to tell?

another fantastic chapter.
Sondardo chapter 16 . 11/17/2013
Nice! I really laughed at the beginning, where both Johnny and Mavis, especially Mavis, forced Dracula to apologize to Medusa for his behavior. It was really funny to read, especially when Mavis facepalmed after hearing Johnny made a clumsy comment, hehe...

I won't lie though, the part that really interested me was the conversation between Mavis and Johnny about turning someone into a vampire. For some reason, Mavis really don't seem to like that subject, and Johnny noticed it. And, I don't think Mavis is stupid, I mean, this wasn't the first time that Johnny almost declared to Mavis that he wanted her to turn him, and, even though he was interrupted each time, I'm pretty certain that Mavis, or at least a part of her, must have clicked and understood that Johnny might want to be a vampire. What I'm guessing is, she's avoiding the subject with all her might, because she's really scared of what may happen to Johnny, should things turn out bad in the process of turning him. Still, if she doesn't turn him, she will be cursed to watch him grow old and die on her, which isn't that much better... I'll be honest, I would love to see an honest conversation between Johnny and Mavis about them arguing about this subject. I believe it could really be nice to further the story even more, and to cause further character developments in both of them...

Of course, I also loved the end with the skating, it was a funny part as well, poor Medusa, ouch! I must say, you're doing a really great job between alternating between humor, the same kind of humor that's in the movie, and seriousness, making your chapters often clash in emotions, which is good, it's making it even more interesting to read!

All in all, I can't wait to see what will happen next! Will Medusa succeed at becoming a vampire? Will Johnny and Mavis have a real talk about whether Mavis want to bite Johnny or not? Will Dracula eventually warm up to Medusa?

Really, it's such an amazing story, I love it!