Reviews for We Stand United
FFX2player chapter 14 . 7/7/2018
I love how Harry is uniting everyone. Obviously that's the title of this story, but I like how you're going about it, it's nice and subtle and very believable! Poor Harry, he can't catch a break. He's going to break eventually I suspect, and it won't be pretty! I'm interested how you will be treating the RoR and I feel bad for Sirius, he knows something is wrong but without being there in person he's stuck not being able to get it out of Harry!
FFX2player chapter 13 . 7/6/2018
I love Harry's speech in this one, it's awesome and I think everyone would definitely listen to that. I also appreciate you pointing out not all Slytherins are evil. That always annoyed me with canon. Also, dealing with Ron's immaturity early and ending it once and for all is important to move his character along. On one hand I understand why Rowlings waited until book 7 to deal with that. But as much as I've always loved Ron's redemption scene, I still feel it was late AND a repeat of book 4. Sad Ron had to grow up twice. Maybe I'm too much of a fan to see the flaws clearly though...
FFX2player chapter 11 . 7/6/2018
Blood in rituals has always been a serious thing. I guess we'll mark canon as Harry was so emotionally messed up that year he didn't think of that. a
Ah well, I love his regression I never reflected on the fact that Harry was being abused by Umbridge much the same way his relatives abused him. Different but a lot of parallels, good catch!
stormynights96 chapter 51 . 7/5/2018
I can't help it, I'm totally addicted to this story! You've made some excellent points and fixed problems that have always bothered me in the books. Your writing is also more than amazing! I really hope you'll update it some day.
FFX2player chapter 10 . 7/5/2018
Oh yeah, Voldemort is totally harmless. Rigghhhtt. I like calmer Harry. He still got in trouble but he at least used logic much better!
FFX2player chapter 9 . 7/4/2018
Poor Harry, that sucks. I don't know if I mentioned it yet, but I love your portrayal of Dumbledore. As a foolish manipulative old man who sometimes misses the details of people's lives but is overall a good person. It's closest to how I see him in canon
FFX2player chapter 7 . 7/2/2018
Poor Harry! I'm glad he's ok. He seems very in character to me, goodness knows he means being in the hospital wing in the books and spends loads of time there. I hate bad rest too. I was on it once for 48 hours and felt like I was going insane.
FFX2player chapter 6 . 7/1/2018
I always figured if Harry could cook he could at least pass potions.
FFX2player chapter 4 . 6/17/2018
I like the realism that Harry could certainly learn enough to carry on a short conversation in French in a short time, but not a longer one. I can attest to that as I've sone it with Japanese (oddly enough the first verb in Japanese, Desu, is also to be, go fig) Poor Dumbledore, not allowed total control (sometimes I think 90% of his problem was he was a control freak).
FFX2player chapter 3 . 6/16/2018
Nice bonding with Sirius and Harry. I like how Harry is starting to open up a bit. I also like how Harry ia enjoying learning more now that he knows what's wrong, also the reason he's been failing.
FFX2player chapter 1 . 6/14/2018
I like how you neatly wrap up those annoying loose ends of GoF to set Sirius free, good writing. Nothing seems too Deus Ex Machina either(within reason as this IS AU, but it's believable AU is what I'm saying) The Dursleys are asshats. Abuse does not have to be physical, I myself was emtionally abused by my "relations" and I enjoy seeing Harry rescued and healed. Anyone saving him is good, but I also have a weakness for Sirius saving Harry and helping him heal. This isn't too bad, some things just get done all the time because they would kind of have to be to change stuff!
blackislander chapter 51 . 6/10/2018
It should be considered a sin to leave great works of fanfiction left unfinished...

Pls continue soon...
Spazzman29 chapter 34 . 5/17/2018
Good thing he had Hermione, as always, I HATE sentences like that because it shows Harry as pathetic without her. I thought you had avoided making her the goddess that can do no wrong but you are following that path quickly.
Spazzman29 chapter 33 . 5/17/2018
You made the mistake of Hermione never getting things wrong like everyone. I despise her when written like that, she isn't infallible and in reality she is a weak petty witch who throws a tantrum when things don't go her way.
Spazzman29 chapter 32 . 5/17/2018
Why are all of Harry's friends so boring? I wish you'd stop adding Ron and Hermione into EVERYTHING Harry learns it's getting tiresome since Harry is getting nothing exclusive to himself.
2,470 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »