Reviews for Felons and Festive Fripperies
Arhie chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Bwahahaha! Fantastic. Well-done poem, superbly evocative and funny. I love it.
Lisa chapter 28 . 4/12/2013
Hoorah! My yellow-brick-road of reading has ended (for this lot anyway) - but I did detour a lot along the way, lol (I can hardly be blamed).

Just wish to comment on some of my favourite posts on the way (rather than bombard with loads of separate reviews like I was doing) ...

Chapter 3: 'Young Hopkins let the prisoners out!' lol. This was fantastic - very mischievous of Holmes to go around spiking drinks ...

Chapter 9:
'... And amazing poetry.
I hope you like this poem
I have written (OMG!)'

The thought of Lestrade using the term 'OMG!' was enough to get me grinning widely. Terrific, sweet but funny read.

Chapter 10: Holmes setting fire to Baker Street ... It was bound to happen, ha.

Chapter 11: I would LOVE to know what song Watson sang about Holmes. He is a man of words, but in a drunken, sing-song state? One can only guess ...

Chapter 14: This was sad, but a very good 'pause for thought' poem. I did like it despite the poor pony's fate.

Chapter 20: Aww, lovely Arthur ... what a sweet gift to the duo!

And finally, (I've probably mentioned before), I ADORE your screenplay poems. They're so witty and fantastic story-telling reads. Naughty Elsie ... will she ever learn?

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm only sorry I didn't discover these great reads at Christmas (but it's a good excuse to read them again come December). Apologies for my long-winded praises!

Kindest regards, x
Lisa chapter 19 . 4/12/2013
I had to comment on this one - it is superbly written and a sad but warming insight into Watson's thought. You just can't have one without the other really - such a rare friendship, like two sides of a coin. Thanks for sharing. x
Lisa chapter 8 . 4/12/2013
'Now her hat has no feathers upon it' ... Lol, that was just brilliant! Poor Mrs. Hudson. Can't fault Holmes for trying though.

I'm sorry ... I've just realised I'm probably over-whelming your inbox. ' I'll have to try and save my excitement. *carries on down the yellow-brick-road ...*
Lisa chapter 7 . 4/12/2013
For Chapter 6 and 7: What a heart-warming tale! I love young Arthur when he gripped Holmes's coat-tails and 'the rest of the room held its breath.' I can imagine that sephia-frozen moment so clearly in my mind. Young children can be utterly bold and sweet, and I don't think Holmes for a second would have the heart to refuse such a request. It was a wonderful poem. x
Lisa chapter 2 . 4/12/2013
Aww, it makes you want to knock on Holmes's door with teeny tree and wreath in hand. I love reading tales 'before Baker Street' - it's nice to imagine how the other would have lived. A wonderful read. x
Lisa chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Holmes! You could have at least humoured your friend after he went to all that trouble! Tsk, tsk.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this post of poems. I have read them, but I'll get just as much joy from a re-read and I can review my favourites on the way (which would be all, lol) or I will reappear on the end. Down the yellow-brick-road of reading I go!

Thanks for sharing! This first chapter was a brilliant way to start it off (and who cares if it's April right now? Christmas should be year-round really). x
Wordwielder chapter 28 . 1/1/2013
A lovely summary of this series :)
lindahoyland chapter 28 . 1/1/2013
This was cute!
medcat chapter 28 . 12/31/2012
Lovely! Wonderful multiple perspectives, and allusions ;)

Happy New Year!
Ennui Enigma chapter 28 . 12/31/2012
This is fabulous! I love it! You've ensconced the entire december challenge into one, vibrant, witty poem. I'm terribly impressed. No wonder you needed so much paper...

There are too many references that I like to mention them all. Bat, puppy, black kitten (such a dark secret!), moriarty relatives, fan male, small gator, roach (w/santa hat), Adler scandals, and finally...our favorite Irregular - Arthur!

I vote for Bat and Arthur as our winners for most enjoyed and famous new characters to the Holmes and Watson fandom!

A Happy New Year to you too!
johnsarmylady chapter 28 . 12/31/2012
And a Happy New Year to you too!
Well done on completing the challenge!
MapleleafCameo chapter 28 . 12/31/2012
I like how you incorporated some of the memorable 'characters' who have been inhabiting all these stories - particularly the roaches, the gator, the kitten, but especially Arthur - what a nice way to wrap up this series:)
Book girl fan chapter 28 . 12/31/2012
I'll echo their toast. To a Happy New Year! I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for you.
lindahoyland chapter 27 . 12/30/2012
I liked this very much, very thought provoking!