Reviews for The Room and the Road
saye0036 chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
Glad that I am not the only one that thought Silva's feelings for M were very Oedipal in nature. Your writing is very moving and I love the interaction between them.
GiuliettaC chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
Gripping plot; ripping pace; chilling Silva; unsentimentally touching Bond/M. A great read. Thank you.
Betty.Q chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
OH MY GOD WELL WRITTEN!
I jusy can't tell you how much I love it! Logically proposed, plots knitted and served up like a feast. And Thank you for giving me the ideal ending I longed for. How I hope the film could have end up like that! Particually I love the relationship between M and Bond. All over the years they formed a special cared for M and M always backs up Bond no matter what mischief he's done. I can imagine Bond in the film doing the same thing to M as you wrote in the fic. Silva is also in characterBy the way would you mind telling me my he failed to kill Bond with the gun at hand? It must have something to do with M. Only guess
Again, Excellent Work!
entre-lagrimas-y-suspiros chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
M getting raped was heartbreaking but realistic given Silva's obsession with her. I absolutely loved Bond taking M to Skyfall at the all. Brilliant every word of it.
CSO Spock chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
This is really great. I love the M-Bond dynamic you created. It's very in character, which is a hard thing to accomplish with those two. Great job!
Mrs Don Draper chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Heartbreaking and beautiful. Oh my gosh, I'm not sure whether your version or the movie is more sad. At least M lives in your version, but at what cost? I like the idea of Bond taking care of her though. It's something he would do. You wrote all three of them very well. Silva was perfectly twisted; we all know what he did was evil, but, in his mind, it was for "love," so it was "ok." In his mind, he never wanted to hurt her. Basically I love this fic to bits. I'm so glad that I found it on tumblr! I'm favoriting this one for sure. :)
canthearshit chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
I haven't seen this movie and I don't know if I will but I liked the story, mainly because of the writing. Thanks for sharing.
LadyDuchess82 chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
OMG amazing! Will re-read this over and over! Very well done!
FutureFox chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
I love how you still managed to fit Skyfall into the story. I wasn't expecting that. Beautiful story. I love how you have them communicate with each other and I adore the ending. Great work.
List of Romantics chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Congratulations, you've displayed better writing in these few pages than ALL of Skyfall! Ugh! That movie was wasted-time horrible; like an homage to the suck-tastic Roger Moore-era Bond films (or any Bond film that wasn't a classic Connery Bond from the 60's or the greatest Bond film of modern times, Casino Royale; which is an even better book).

Quantum of Solace was easily better than Skyfall (which is saying something).

Don't misunderstand me, I think Daniel Craig handles James Bond "Like a Boss," even more so than Connery, but the writing/plot/everything about Skyfall was bad (even with a cast of top flight actors-who can only do so much with what they're given). And yet... it made so damned much money (which makes me sad).

To recap: your writing is good, Skyfall was crap, and I'm sad for future of the James Bond franchise.

Nice fic.