Reviews for Life Is The Fire In Which We Burn
Jst27 chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Wow. This is a great story. You capture Steve's character so well. I can completely believe the Steve would have gone through all of these things before. I really enjoyed reading this. Stories like these are the reason that I love Fanfiction. You were able to add so much more depth to a character that otherwise, would have never been seen. Thank you!
stainglasspeppermint chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
So so good. I love this fic, the way you've gotten into Steves head, and what makes him tick. Just the best, your style flows so well :).
Mari217 chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Intensely beautiful fic. You captured them perfectly. Can't wait to read more from you. Hugs from NJ - Mari
GreenEyes09 chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Wonderful story, I loved it so much!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Oh, I loved this so much. You have an amazing talent. Thank you for writing it.
Effie chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Wonderful!
LookAfterSammyDean chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Thank your for writing such an awesome story. I really enjoyed reading it.
francis2 chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
I totally love this! This is one of the best stories ever, showing us so much about why Steve is the way he is and what makes him tick. Thank you!
blub chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
I've been looking forward to a new story from you - and I really, really liked it!
Every episode in itself was fascinating! It's a very convincing character portrait of Steve.
GraceGraceGrace chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
I ADORE this story! You are one of my favorited authors but this is one of my all time favorite 5-0 stories.
So poignant, the gradual education of our McG, as well as his essential aloneness. Until 5-0. And even then, he doesn't get that he's not alone anymore until they bluntly have to tell him. It is a story of a hero who is heart breaking and heart broken, but what a lovely denouement. Ohana works both ways. A revelation. Such a welcome revelation. I just love the way you told the story. We gets bits and pieces, Uncle Joe, his comraderie with his SEAL team, his first experience of true back up with Danno, then the heart break of Nick and then Korea and the wonderful revelation that "Ohana is a two way street." Really enjoyed every moment of this story. Thank you.
donnag chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
This story was absolutely fantastic! You are an amazing writer. Haven't seen anything from you in a while so when I saw your name, I jumped right into this story. Loved the timeline starting with his mother's death, his entry into the Navy and eventually becoming a SEAL. The start of the task force right on up to North Korea showed how these four people are truly ohana. Thank you for sharing your incredible talent with us.
Fifilla chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Great story - thanks for sharing!
nacimynom chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
This story is amazing. You brought tears to my eyes. You have a fantastic way with writing both what is inside Steve's head and the gritty, bloody military stuff he's experiencing (do you military experience yourself?). I enjoyed each scene but the ones that gripped me the most were Spring 1999 (his reaction to firing the drone), Summer 2003, and Summer 2007. The ending with his ohana was very moving.
lynnrxgal chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Fabulous story! Your research and writing are impeccable! Thanks for the fun read!
stv2 chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Oh, Steve! This was such a pleasure to read. You've got great insight into how the human mind works and most important how Steve works:-). Love the action scenes as well as the more quiet and reflective ones. The first scene was heartbreaking but so good, the last one so comforting and warm. Thanks for sharing:-)