Reviews for Captain America - The Last Campaign
Canucklehead Cowgirl chapter 29 . 7/17
Alright, Mr. Finck. First off - nothing made my day more than to see such a great chapter and watch you pull in my very favorite X-Man. As always, your Cap is just a thing of beauty and honor and I love love LOVE the way you bring him to life.

I think your attention to detail and the things that Steve is finding important to do as he nears the end is amazing. The cemetery scene actually choked me up. The age of the words on the tombstones - his emotion. The sentiment there. Very realistic and moving.

But you knocked me sideways to see K mentioned at all. Tickled me six shades of pink to see her here. And you did a beautiful job with her. SO - Thank you, sir. I am grinning still.
aBlue Gillespian chapter 28 . 4/18
Very well written and quite a gripping story. I finally found something based on comic books Cap that's well written and it isn't finished. I know it's more than an year passed but is there any chance of this story being finished?
Canucklehead Cowgirl chapter 21 . 3/26/2015
I love Tilby so much. He's just wonderful.
Canucklehead Cowgirl chapter 20 . 3/26/2015
You wrote this so beautifully, I actually teared up with Jackie's story.
Canucklehead Cowgirl chapter 15 . 3/26/2015
Clever Superman nod there, sir.
Canucklehead Cowgirl chapter 7 . 3/25/2015
I'm trying not to review every chapter or every other, but this one has my attention.

The Skull and Viper ... tantalizing and disgusting and evil all wrapped into a clashing devious pairing.

They're perfect for each other.
Canucklehead Cowgirl chapter 5 . 3/25/2015
You write Fury very well ... which is wonderful to see. He's a complicated cat.

Pym - I hate Pym, but you very nearly made me like him here. Very nice work.
Canucklehead Cowgirl chapter 2 . 3/20/2015
A lot here to love.

"Don't be sorry, be precise." what a military thing to say. I love it. And Agent 13 being one tougher than the Dirty Dozen. That right there is awesome.
Canucklehead Cowgirl chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
First of all ... Miran sent me your way. We're on the Collaboration together and she mentioned to me that I might like your work. Seeing as you're a COMIC guy that leans far closer to canon, I had to take a peek. I love what I'm seeing too.
Please keep up the good work.
J.D. Finck chapter 2 . 11/28/2013
just a test
Guest chapter 20 . 6/14/2013
Please update. I've read your entire story in the past two days and it is amazing! I can't wait to see what happens next. You've done such a great job creating characters and building a story. It seems like it's real and like I'm there living the chapters with them. I love the suspense in every chapter that always keeps me on the edge of my feet. Please update as soon as possible!
Miran Anders chapter 10 . 4/1/2013
Man, a lot happened here. It seems like more than one chapter... And a lovely cliffhanger. Great action scene, amazingly easy to follow. Good stuff.

I recommend using the novel convention of the three asterisks - evenly spaced across the line to indicate a change in scene without actually starting a new chapter. On FB I use a line oOo line. It's not strictly necessary, but in a format where they don't allow you to leave more than one blank line, it can trip a reader when the conversation is suddenly between two other people.

I had a little trouble with the idea that Carter would suggest 'outing' Holder. I just don't know if that really has impact anymore, unless he's "happily married". In fact, I think marital impropriety is much more sensational these days than someone being gay. If it was back in the forties, maybe, but not now.

Looking forward to more

Best,

Miran
Miran Anders chapter 9 . 3/30/2013
Sweet.
Miran Anders chapter 8 . 3/30/2013
I liked the 'you're right', repetitions. I could see it acting out and it made me laugh.

The tour of his old neighborhood was really nice. I was afraid it would feel like it wandered off the story, but you kept it tight and quick moving, close to his heart. I'm wondering what the card is that he mailed off...

And it is really nice to meet Sharon Carter for real...
Miran Anders chapter 7 . 3/29/2013
Steve's conversation with Joey was interesting - it seems that you're gathering quite the force here. And now that Schmidt knows what's going on with Cap, everything has been accelerated. Nice use of tension.

I'm not sure about the Viper - she seems a little one dimensional so far (compared to your other women, Jackie and Jan), but I'm sure there's more in store...

Best,