Reviews for Best Wishes from a Goddess of Death
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Beautiful. *claps* Absolutely beautiful. It's original, it has a great plot. It almost makes me want to cry. If only this was in the anime.:'D I love it.
Crazy reviewer chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
Wow..! So beautiful! I like seeing Misa this way...The kind and caring type...
HoothootOwls chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Just died inside, poor Misa. But i'm glad she let them be happy together.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
That was absolutely beautiful! I wish that Death Note had ended like this.
FreakShowCentral chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Ugh, FINALLY! Someone who doesn't portray Misa as a total dumb bitch or make her refer to herself in the third person in every damn sentence! This was great! When I read the summary, I thought L was regretful and sad that he couldn't be with Misa and that she was trying to get him back or something. Obviously, I misread it, because that was FAR from what happened in the story.

I'm glad you didn't make her force herself on Light, rather making her polite and inviting but had her back off when she knew it wasn't going to happen. I also liked how you had Light and L politely refuse, even if it was obvious that they REALLY didn't want to spend time with her. And her intelligence... yes, Misa can be kinda ditsy and out of it sometimes, but she can be pretty damn smart when she wants to, not to mention crafty. I thought it was perfectly plausible for her to be able to hack into the network like that after observing the two of them for so long.

The tension between the three of them was great. Light loves L and likes Misa as maybe a good friend, but nothing more. Misa wants Light but notices how happy he and L really are together, and how the possibility of a loving relationship between him and her is basically impossible. L loves Light and feels the same way as him towards Misa, but can't help but feel guilty that he's kind of taking her place as his lover and spending time with him when they really should be working on the case. In the end, you resolved their situation in a mind-blowingly simple, yet brilliant way that works out for all of them, even if Misa probably gets the shortest stick out of the whole deal.

Misa's decision towards the end really impressed me. It was very mature and pretty much went above and beyond what I expected it to be. Not only did she decide to let Light go to allow him his happiness, but she also asked Rem to get rid of his Death Note so he would never risk his relationship with L by becoming Kira again. As you said, if she really wanted to, she could have killed L and taken his place as Light's lover right then and there, but she was smart enough to realize that this would completely destroy him and eliminate even a friendship between them. Oh, and how she wanted to keep ownership of her own notebook to retain her memories but have Rem hide it somewhere she would never be able to use it to kill as the second Kira ever again was extremely well thought-out as well.

And the sex scene... normally, I don't really like it when other characters watch a pair having sex, but the way you did it was almost beautiful. She wasn't spying on them or doing it to satisfy some sick fetish or anything; she did it because she truly wanted to know if they were actually happy together. And having her notice how beautiful their bodies really were was a nice touch, as well.

Great idea and a great story! Criticisms? Eh, nothing other than a few grammatical/spelling errors, but you know that whole roundabout. Hell, I do it just as much, if not more in pretty much every story I write. XD Keep up the great work!
EveningBlack chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Don't ask me why it took me so long to read this.
But it was amazing. I've never thought of Misa like that... Really made me sad. :P
sakura240 chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Kura:...awww...

Berry: that was amazingly sweet and sad...i hope she can find her someone...

Kura: and honestly, i wished this happened in the manga. Its too sad that L died. And even more sad because misa will continue to hang to a hopeless love! Personally, she isnt my favorite character but i really wish for her happiness right now!

Berry: this was an amazing story :)

Kura: BYES!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Although it's only slight LightxL and written from Misa's perspective, you did very very well )
I usually despice Misa in the manga & anime, but I really felt sympathy for her the way you portrayed her.
The short Light/L scene was well-written as well; not too detailed but sensual and passionate :)
Great one-shot overall :D
DAT FEELS chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
*sobs and clutches at your shirt*

I LOVE YOU MAN. But Misa should get a happy ending :( she and I are bros.
Kris chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I normally hate Misa stories but I absolutely love yours! 3
Voldemort's Troll chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
I like it. I will be coming back periodically and whatnot to reread this when I need some AU where L and Light don't die and Light doesn't become Kira a second time around. Thanks for the awesome pick-me-up story ;)
Luvis Blynd chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
This is a great story had to add to my favorites
SMILEisMYmotto chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Awwh this made me so sad x) Loved it to bits, great story xx
TheEndofTag chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
wow! i just love it!
Sinflower chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Well, well! The beginning was perfection. I actually had a story similar to this one roaming around in a head some years back but I never got around to writing it. Anyway, just as your fic gets to it's peak it falls flat on it's back. I was hoping for more conflict. Instead, it has a fairy tale ending. After all the tension and anger, she's just going to allow the two to be together in peace? Don't get me wrong. Happily Ever Afters are romantic. But Misa would not let Light go that easily. I know no one likes to see or read about L dying but that's exactly what would have happened. Chapter two? Maybe Misa will have a change of plans? Become the Goddess of the New World?