Reviews for Once Upon a Time Again
Mislav chapter 15 . 2/15
I planned on finishing reading this yesterday, on Valentine's Day, but I was really busy... still, better late than never.
This was a really beautiful story. One of the best stories I have ever read. Everything about it seemed believable: Karen's confession, description of them as rookies, flashbacks to past events and Karen's feelings about Carlton-both the one dating back then and the current ones-were perfectly lined up and really helped to paint a picture of them as a couple. I especially liked reading Carlton's letters-they seemed very in character-kinda quirky and awkward yet romantic and really sweet in the same time, and description of Karen's feelings while she was opening the letters was very descriptive and a nice build up to that. Revelation about Karen's father was surprising yet logical, I liked it: it actually brought some sympathy to his character. Moments between Carlton and Iris were very sweet. Occasional comparisons and canon references were great too, it really helped with my sense of continuity. Smut parts were, in a word, excellentt: hot yet romantic, very sensual without a single vulgar part. Ending was spot on too: the way they finally got together again leaving the past behind and how nothing could separate them anymore. I will definitely read more of your Karlton and Lassiet stories!
kurtainkid chapter 15 . 1/5/2014
I like it. I tend to be more of a lassiet person, but I decided to give this one a chance. Good work!
Spoiler Alert chapter 15 . 4/3/2013
Oh my God. I know this would never happen in a million years, but this story could definatly fit into next weeks episode.
I'm not saying I *don't* like Carlton/Marlowe,
But I'm not saying I *do* like them...
Anyway, Karlton. Write some more.
Harmony Goldstar chapter 15 . 3/15/2013
OMG! That was like, superamazinglycute! I loved it!
cabot007 chapter 15 . 1/8/2013
Hey sorry reviews not quite as consistent...I've been reading & loving this fic...all ur CIA really...

Just haven't reviewed quite so often THNXS to cold. What a way to start 2013...with the flu lol

U did a gr8 job as always.. do hope to see more in future. Gr8 job! :)
LawAndOrderSVU3 chapter 15 . 1/7/2013
I loved it :) as usual
Loafer chapter 15 . 1/6/2013
You do the Best. Epilogues. Ever.

No contest! Because you always show your peeps happy and contented in a world any one of us would love to step into and make our own. Baby carrots and all. (Maybe esp. the baby carrots.)

Cracked me up with the "memorable raised-eyebrow moment" too. That's the other thing you do best: you do not let Carlton just magically become some sweet-tempered pussycat. He's still the badazz we fell for in the first place.

You make me go "ahhhh" at the endings of your stories, and this was no exception. Ahhh...
Guest chapter 14 . 1/5/2013
oh i wish i could have read tbe whole thing but my friend womt let me but it is sooooo good
Carlton Lassiter chapter 14 . 1/4/2013
I'm liking this as the end, but an epilogue or even a sequel would be cool. Keep it up!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
that is completely off lassy and karen really!
Rebekah Caren chapter 14 . 1/4/2013
You, my friend, are a fast updater. I Absolutly love your story, and the way you portray the characters. I love this pairing, and I hope to see more from you soon *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
Loafer chapter 14 . 1/4/2013
Ach! What a dreadful shame there's to be one more chapter! HORRORS!

Yeah, pretty sure I can take it.

NICE: love "All in all, close to the most perfect day he'd ever experienced in his entire life." I can almost see his smile as he thinks it.

Again, you do such a lovely job of tying in what we've seen onscreen with what we know of the characters to make these entirely new tales come alive. Comparing Hank with Karen in terms of their importance to him: very cool. Very. Cool. And that passage re: whether he'd move for her was so very amusing. "That's it! You're gettin' some tonight, buddy!"

Poor Carlton; he will always find something to feel guilty about, but dang it all, she's just going to love him anyway.
Head Detective chapter 13 . 1/4/2013
As I sat there reading old Karlton fics, yours kept popping into my head, begging for an update. I love it! Update soon!
Loafer chapter 13 . 1/3/2013
"It was possible she had an addiction."
It's possible she's not the only one. Very amusing passage.

"As well as the long, graceful hands handling the mug and carafe. Attached to the strong arms and..."
I am SO there with her on that visual journey!

"... the path of a swallow-tail kite..."
Just a lovely little line, thank you.

NICE working the Old Sonora shootout in there. I'd forgotten she was there and you are so very clever to be able to use that scene as part of her emotional history.

Also really interesting insights into her marriage and the changes in her mind and heart-set along the way. Clever, thoughtful Ms. 227. (Ditto for her realization that they are what they are because of what they'd lived, and she wouldn't trade who Carlton is now for who he might have become if her dad hadn't interfered.)

...and Daddy. Also very well-done (Nessie didn't want to say it, but it is). You handled it with sensitivity and (your usual skill of) plausibility. The truth is he was never a villain: he was just a dad who wrongly believed he was making the right choice for his girl, and maybe he's lucky now that he doesn't have to acknowledge the damage he did.

You outdid yourself with this chapter.
Pothangfanfic chapter 13 . 1/3/2013
Okay...as much as I wanted to dislike Karen's father, now you make me want to cry for him. I didn't think I'd feel sorry for him, but I do.

Even though he doesn't remember everything, you gave him enough flashes to know that something is wrong, even if he doesn't know what or why.

And Karen, poor, poor Karen. No matter her issues with her father, I can't even imagine the pain it must cause her to know that the father who was so smart and capable and such a vibrant force in her life would soon become someone who didn't recognize her.

I'd say well done, but...

Instead I'll say that this chapter was a gut punch and hope that you take it as the compliment that it as meant as.