Reviews for nine2five 1,10 Funhouse
anthropocene chapter 4 . 6/28/2014
“I guess she’d have to stoop.” Classic. “Of course it’s got a secret passage.” The more times that comes up, the more it seems like something from “Get Smart.” Your dialogue is as sharp and as funny as always.
Morgan’s accidental role in Carina’s fight with the Ring baddies was great fun—whether in canon or AU, he seems singularly gifted at turning clumsiness into martial skills.
New target: uh-oh!
anthropocene chapter 3 . 6/28/2014
Your A/Ns come very close to piercing the fourth wall from time to time; all in good fun of course. Liked the evocative action montage at the end of the chapter. Well done.
anthropocene chapter 2 . 6/28/2014
“Morgan would fire you? No way!” Loved (and laughed considerably at) the sly wink back at canon after Carina’s line last chapter.
“Captain Spock!” Just when you think Sarah’s coming along nicely….
“We have a program there.” Indeed.
Sorry—I’m not sure where it is headed, myself. But the ride is quite enjoyable!
anthropocene chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
I wasn’t counting the double entendres, but I enjoyed them. Your Carina is always so much fun. Given the preceding events, her encounter with Morgan strikes me as some form of rebound sex. Very glad that Sarah understands the distinction between nerd and geek. “Firing you as my best friend!” Clever reboot of one of the more classic canon quotes.
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/10/2014
The Carina-Morgan fight was a lot of fun, a great spin on the canon version that had Chuck-Morgan.
Molotov chapter 2 . 5/10/2014
Clever, Chuck's cover story that isn't a cover but also works in canon. I was wondering why Shaw hadn't spoken up about Sarah's 'familiarity' with Chuck when married to another man. She did stroke his hair in front of Shaw back in the cafeteria, ja?
resaw chapter 4 . 8/14/2013
Funhouse Ch. 1: The Merry-Go-Round
I liked the closing paragraph where, Carina, full of anger and disappointment, fires Sarah as her best friend. So is that what Morgan taught her? Did he also teach her to accept Sarah back in rather short order, as Morgan himself did with Chuck on the TV series?

Ch. 2: The Ferris Wheel
Poor Chuck, having to hear references to Star Trek from Sarah while making references to Star Wars.

I was unfamiliar with the expression “paint the lily” until now. I gather it means to do something superfluous in an attempt to further beautify an already beautiful object. So, with the reference to the tie, Sarah is simply thinking about the chance to tweak Chuck’s tie a little, to make it perfect, and by doing so, get in an innocent touch that harboured more feeling from Sarah than might meet the eye.

A fascinating “story” for Shaw’s benefit, about how Chuck is “broken.” You may not know where you are going, but you are going good with this one!

Ch. 3: The Roller Coaster
I like that: Three origin stories for Chuck’s state of affairs!

“Perimeter set.” “Lockdown commencing”: interesting! I also like the Morgan-Carina banter. Morgan is a clever character at times: glib.

Did I miss something? Why does Morgan have a Ring subdermal implant in his head? And just to be clear, the Ring thinks Morgan is Carmichael, right? But Morgan does not know that. (That may have been made clear in the Hawaiian event, but I’ve forgotten some of the details, apparently.)

Clever Morgan, hiding in the vanity while he makes it look like he’s a rat scurrying off via the false ceiling.
Ch. 4. The Hall of Mirrors
The three finest qualities in a man: technical knowledge, the ability to make Chuck laugh, and able to cook bacon the right way.

Nice adaptation of The Beard.
So, Sarah’s the new target? It’s nice to see that the bad guys are continuing to have a hard time.

From my point of view, the four chapters of this episode worked the best for me. I’m looking forward to continuing on to the next installment. Thanks again, Marc.
ProjectOrion chapter 4 . 5/3/2013
Carina and Morgan together is always a fun thing to witness. They kept me smiling through out the chapter.

With Chuck's mind still on the fritz, I can only imagine what might happen once the Ring starts moving in on Sarah. But I'm eager to find out.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/23/2012
*** "There you are. What do you say we go back to my place for your debriefing?"

*** He blushed. "Come on, you know I'm a boxers man."

Oh, crap! I've always loved this line. Coming from Morgan; Priceless!
KryptonitePoison chapter 4 . 12/23/2012
Sorry I'm late but you know how it is. I loved Casey talking about throwing up in his kit. I loved the conversation Casey and Sarah had. I loved the Star Wars line. I loved Carina going to save Morgan. Why is Morgan Carmichael? I loved that Leader thought Morgan was taking out all of his men. I loved the Dirty Harry line, Morgan trying to act all tough. Carina and Morgan made a great team. Now they're going back to Carinas room for a debriefing. So now the bad guys are coming after Sarah, oh boy! Thanks for writing.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 12/21/2012
I loved it! I loved how Morgan tied up wreaked so much damage on the Ring operatives! I loved how he struck the last one in the groin with full thrust! Too Funny! I loved how Carina took out most of them. Leaving Sarah to become a target of interest for the ring. Please continue.
Sudden Radiance chapter 3 . 12/19/2012
Very well done Marc! Though I've never been a big fan of Morgan, he has his place and you've used him well here. He has the potential to fuel the Sarah/Carina feud or to play peacemaker. Will his self interest with Carina trump having Chuck's back, and by extension Sarah's too? Which cards will you play? Both? I'm looking forward to where you go with this!

In addition, the notion of Chuck's various origin stories, though necessary to plot and character, are still a bit amusing. Chuck must be tired of covering for the intersect! Also, Sarah and Ellie's giggle with Beckman was too cute!

So, Shaw to the rescue? This chapter pushed forward very well and certainly creates a lot of interest for your next moves!
KryptonitePoison chapter 3 . 12/19/2012
I know it's just me, but this chapter was a bit confusing. But thanks for writing.
evilredknight chapter 3 . 12/15/2012
Sorry dude, but I threw up in my mouth(a little bit) at this. In fact I pretty much read over anything having to do with Carina and Morgan in this chapter. Hope nothing too important happened.
The PTB hooking Carina up with Morgan was one of the lamest, shallowest, cheapest 'stunts' in the show.
It failed both as humor(it induced retching), and as a start to upgrade and retcon Morgan.
It's one of the many things I found plastic and stupid about season three.
You made a valiant attempt to make it more palatable and plausible, but God, I wish you had just ignored the whole thing. I know you needed some kind of reason to put them together. But I really found it hard right from the beginning that Carina would be 'hurt' by Sarah telling someone else her real name. I think Carina would more likely believe that names mean nothing. Please end this minor plot line as soon as possible and NEVER revisit it.
I will now inject 1000cc of bleach directly to the memory area of my brain to help forget.
grandetiopaco chapter 3 . 12/15/2012
Nice action. Can hardly wait to see what happens next.