Reviews for Divisions of Time
InMyWildestDreams chapter 23 . 11/11
I know its been a while since you published this, but I only discovered your fic a few days ago and I just couldnt stop reading... So now Im done, I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely loved your story.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

I really loved everything about it. And I really appreciated the ending. I just love sad endings.
Of course I would have liked to see Caius and Light reunite - like I guess most of the readers had - but you crushed our hopes regardless and thats what I love so much about the ending.

But the ending wasnt the only thing I think was good - also the rest of the story. I kept rereadin dialogs betwen C & L again and again and I really liked the way you described life in Paddra. It felt such a peaceful place (a vast contrast to the rest of the FFXIIIs universe and I thought it was nice to give Light a break) - the way you discribed the city and everything - I felt like being there too.

Last but not least I really think you chose a great pairing here. I actually never thought theyd work. But you convinced me. Reading your story made my own fanfic seem boring and pathetic to me - I didnt even work on mine since I started reading yours. I actually feel like I dont want to work on it anymore, suddenly feeling stupid about pairing Lightning with Sephiroth (yes its a cressover) cause now I know and understand: she belongs to Caius.
Kitty-ryn chapter 23 . 7/17
Gosh, I love all of your stories so much. I only just recently realized I had yet to read this one, and I am so glad I did now. Gosh though, the ending was so sad, but I suppose it was meant to be bittersweet.
dOnutrOgue chapter 1 . 1/1
This story is the only reason why i finally decided to sign up fanfiction, so that i can leave a review and show you how much i appreciate it.

Thanks for this story, truly beautiful in every way, although it sounds quite cliche your story did touch my heart and soul, i know for certain cause cried at the end of it.

Thanks again, looking forward to read more of your work.
Keep up the excellent work!
Guest chapter 23 . 10/31/2014
i think overall, this story was well done. while it would've been cool for caius to have woken up to see lightning again, i can very much appreciate the story closing as it did, as not everyone in real life has a peachy happy ending.

a tie in, maybe about what caius thinks and does after his reawakening, could be interesting, but isn't necessary to make this story full.

i think you built the story at a good pace, and good OC's, and everything, but i do have one question: why is it that "yeul would only live once"? because i didn't think her repeated deaths had anything to do with caius receiving the heart of chaos or anything...

but really, overall, nice job! if i had a cookie, i would give it to you. :)
just me chapter 23 . 6/17/2014
...ummm great story and all but where is the happy ending? I thought lightning would meet up with caius again in the future, you know, like when he awakens from crystal sleep. What a letdown. Im really angry i wasted my whole day reading this story.
Nalahime chapter 23 . 4/14/2014
I really loved this story, but as so many before me stated would a sequel be wonderful where Caius and Lightning could get a happy end. I think they would definitely deserve it and with the crystal stasis would it be perfectly possible. Anyway I cried and laughed a lot! :D Thanks for writing this. Favo!
nya mayaha nya chapter 23 . 12/30/2013
I love this story, though the ending made me cry. l was wondering if you would write a sequel for this maybe a one shot were caius wakes from the crystal sleep near new bodum?
Dhampire12 chapter 23 . 10/14/2013
It was good, sad to see it over
MBR chapter 23 . 8/1/2013
Way, way too predictable. 100k words was utterly unnecessary...this entire story could have been condensed into a shorter story. Don't get me wrong; the story was overall fair. However, its entire course was easily predicted and quite anticlimactic. I understand that you attempt to utilize foreshadowing, but foreshadowing is subtle and does not make obvious further elements in the story. Rather, you gave blatant indications as to the unsurprising ending this story possesses.

Understand that this is constructive criticism, not a reprimand. This story had potential, but it ultimately did not go anywhere, nor have something unexpected. The anticlimax and the ending, I believe, was what left me and other readers with a sense that surely there must be something more, a sequel or what have you. Seeing that there is none, it leaves a want of better closure and less predictability and a sense of disappointment that one should invest their time reading a redundantly long story.
fireworkmage chapter 23 . 7/5/2013
Gah sad sad ending. Enjoyed the story very much and kinda wished for something more between the two.
Nogare chapter 23 . 7/4/2013
I feel as though there should be a sequel. I'm not quite sure how that would work out, perhaps after Caius awakens from crystal stasis, he tries to find a way back to Lightning, despite Anhui saying Lightning is far gone. Lightning would be living happily in 500 AF though she still misses Caius terribly. Maybe even have some troublesome Fal'Cie send Caius to the future with Lightning but for an unnamed price. I'm sorry, but I just really want a sequel hehe :)
marina chapter 23 . 7/4/2013
the idea was original and well developped, people were in character but you still let them evolve and grow and it was well-written - fantastic story, really! Thank you
Guest chapter 23 . 6/30/2013
Beautiful in every aspect. I wish I could erase my memory so I could read this again! Well done.
Goddess Light chapter 23 . 6/30/2013
Wow. Great Story.

I did think though, that Caius would have crystallised for 700 years, and woken again not long after Lightning returned to her timeline.

Well done, I look forward to more stories!
White Ink Penpal chapter 23 . 6/30/2013
Such a beautiful story. You have been foreshadowing from the beginning what was going to happen and yet it still tore my heartstrings.

It was bittersweet but it was the ending it deserved. That Paradox Caius still loves her after so many lifetimes is also precious. In my mind they both find happiness in their own way and that's what matters.
Thank you for such a wonderful story.

Grammatically it was a beauty and personification was magnificent. The OCs you had were likeable but didn't steal the show, especially the twins. The foreshadowing, I think was the best part; you knew what you wanted to do from the beginning and knew your craft.

I hope you revisit this section and right another CaiusxLightning someday, even if the ending is tragic or happy.