Reviews for Shanty Town
Ravena Wolfborn chapter 11 . 4/27
wow
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 11 . 12/27/2015
Very well written story! Thanks for sharing
Guest chapter 11 . 8/31/2015
I loved this story. Even though throughout it I was hoping that Kim would get to return to her body, and somehow Shego would be able to go back, the ending was just perfect. Well done.
hausofbraus chapter 11 . 4/4/2015
This was so well written. I'm so late getting to this story but better late than never. You made me feel so happy for them but it was weird because underneath it I was sad, so sad. It was a strange thing to feel. Thank you for the experience.
lesbinope chapter 11 . 12/18/2014
Oh my god. I'm going to cry and the last time I cried at a story was this beautiful one-shot about a month ago. And before that, maybe another one-shot in March. And before that, Anne of Green Gables when I read that in... 4th grade?

At first, I was really hoping for something like Kim going back and getting some request to remember Shanty Town, and then developing something essentially like braindead living bodies without a soul, and then having the light balls put Shego in a specially made one. I mean, considering some of the stuff they did in that show or the things Kigo writers have come up with, that's not too out of the blue to ask for, is it? *sighs* But I think the with way you made your Shego, the two of them staying in Shanty Town forever and a day is more true to the whole atmosphere of the story. Kim getting "rescued" would negate the whole point of the plot, because she would forget everything. And there's some serious character development in that place that would be completely erased if they both got out by some miraculous interference of the Powers That Be.

The ending is very beautiful in that it's exactly perfect for the situation Kim has found herself in and it fits with the rest of the story. Throughout, even, there was a foreboding sense that Kim would never truly return, and it was a very gradual acceptance of that that she had to get through. In real life, it is hardly every that someone can go through such a life-changing experience and come back out and go back to the exact same life they had before - because they have become a completely different person. And I guess I think it's really sweet that even by "dying" of sorts, her last act led to her saving Shego. Very poetically just. Thank you for writing this beautiful story.
Alumina chapter 11 . 12/3/2014
Damn… This was deep. I don't have accurate words to describe just how I feel about this fic, but I loved it, definitely an interesting concept. Fantastic job.
Fykatherine chapter 11 . 8/30/2014
This story is good, was that the ending tho? If it was, it could have been slightly better but everything else was perfect. It made me think about all the life decisions I've made and will make. Your story deserves more credit. Anyways, this was excellent :)
Cibom chapter 11 . 8/24/2014
Wow. This was a fantastic fic! I absolutely loved it
Nink chapter 11 . 7/9/2014
I love this story and how it is so freaking different. Although it was frustrating how you teased us with the small kisses and never actually showed a full scene of awesome kigoness but ya know, love triumphs over all I guess. I also like how you continued the story even after the whole 'Shego gets my body' chapter, because you could have ended it there and that be that.
only-looking chapter 11 . 7/3/2014
This is such a wonderful story - one of the ones that stays with you long after you finish reading it. The premise is something I haven't seen before, everybody's perfectly in character, and they all get character development, especially Shego. Her saying goodbye to Bonnie at the exit door (as long as nobody could hear her, of course) was so touching, and so perfectly Shego.

I like to think that yes, Bonnie is at a perpetual day spa, Ron and Monique decided to have a real relationship, and Vivian!Kim went on to an awesomely successful robotics career.

Leave it to Kim to turn even the creepiest, most horrific setting into a better place.
Guest chapter 11 . 6/2/2014
This is one of the best horror stories i've read. Its got the twilight zone vibe down to a tee. The way the author has Kim fade away without her or even the reader realizing is very gripping. The only down side i can see is that the horror element that is hidden behind the supernatural seems to be completely unintended by the author. This story is an excellent example of fridge horror.
Bozenek chapter 11 . 5/18/2014
It's been a while since I've read this, but it has stayed with me. Had to log on to fave this.
sanekittens chapter 11 . 1/6/2014
well that left me feeling...numb.
crkswolf chapter 11 . 7/23/2013
Wow so emotional definatly faved !
aIetto chapter 11 . 7/17/2013
Wow, this was... interesting. In a good way. Actually, this story is really, really good. Dialogue was top notch and the setting was quite original. How did you come up with that anyway?
I especially liked how you portrayed the characters, it was believable and diverse and I was almost astounded by how you portrayed Shego's development. I kind of had the feeling that you understand other human beings very well or you're similar to her, because it was so utterly realistic. I could almost tell every word she was (not) going to say - or when she couldn't.
Bonnie seemed more than shallow in the series, but you gave us a different take on her life. Who would've thought I could feel sympathy for her?
The ending was a bit weak though, but I suppose the premise made it difficult to wrap everything up. In my opinion, you should've described Kim's thoughts on what was happening with a body in more detail. Sure, you made clear she wasn't happy about it and her fears that someone might be a better "her" (Kim), but why was she suddenly okay with it? Yes, she was happy with Shego but that change, the fact she came to terms with herself, that she moved on - that would've needed a few more words.
So yeah, the story isn't perfect. But it is definitely memorable and that's a lot more than most stories ever achieve.

(If you spot any mistakes in the review, I'll let you know English is not my first language. In fact, sometimes I thought your vocabulary was going to strike me dead, but I managed. Somehow. Luckily, online dictionaries saved me from browsing in a giant book.)

PS Would you consider writing more KP stories? Puh-lease?
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »