Reviews for Shanty Town
sanekittens chapter 11 . 1/6
well that left me feeling...numb.
crkswolf chapter 11 . 7/23/2013
Wow so emotional definatly faved !
aIetto chapter 11 . 7/17/2013
Wow, this was... interesting. In a good way. Actually, this story is really, really good. Dialogue was top notch and the setting was quite original. How did you come up with that anyway?
I especially liked how you portrayed the characters, it was believable and diverse and I was almost astounded by how you portrayed Shego's development. I kind of had the feeling that you understand other human beings very well or you're similar to her, because it was so utterly realistic. I could almost tell every word she was (not) going to say - or when she couldn't.
Bonnie seemed more than shallow in the series, but you gave us a different take on her life. Who would've thought I could feel sympathy for her?
The ending was a bit weak though, but I suppose the premise made it difficult to wrap everything up. In my opinion, you should've described Kim's thoughts on what was happening with a body in more detail. Sure, you made clear she wasn't happy about it and her fears that someone might be a better "her" (Kim), but why was she suddenly okay with it? Yes, she was happy with Shego but that change, the fact she came to terms with herself, that she moved on - that would've needed a few more words.
So yeah, the story isn't perfect. But it is definitely memorable and that's a lot more than most stories ever achieve.

(If you spot any mistakes in the review, I'll let you know English is not my first language. In fact, sometimes I thought your vocabulary was going to strike me dead, but I managed. Somehow. Luckily, online dictionaries saved me from browsing in a giant book.)

PS Would you consider writing more KP stories? Puh-lease?
RevSrVixena chapter 11 . 7/2/2013
I have to be honest, your story description for Shanty Town didn't grab me. After much umming and ahhing, I took the plunge and read it. I'm glad I did. It was an interesting idea. You managed to maintain my interest for the entire 11 chapters and that's saying something as Shanty Town doesn't sound like a rocking place to be in. There wasn't much going on but you brought out the characters. I felt for Kim but I was especially surprised how I much I felt for Shego and Bonnie.

Good work and thanks for the experience.
SiwaPyra chapter 11 . 6/3/2013
Well this was... interesting to say the least. I can say that I did enjoy it immensely, but it was definitely odd. I'm curious how you came up with the idea for it in the first place.

I definitely was not expecting how this was going to play out when I started reading it, but the twists and turns were... interesting (i'm using that a lot haha, but it's all in a good way). Bonnie being in Shanty Town was neat, and I never would have guessed the circumstances that put her there in the first place, so kudos to writing something that I have never ever seen on FF before.

I also think you have a Shego that is insanely in character, definitely on my top list of most well written Shego's. Her prickly personality was perfect, and how long it took her to come around to Kim was extremely believable, so great, great job with that!

I'm kind of glad you didn't make this all happy go lucky. While I seriously thought Shego was going to get Kim's body, all the angst and clash that happened between them after she got kicked out was a great read. And it's interesting that you chose Vivian to replace her soul.

I rambled a bit haha, sorry, but this was extremely well written. I don't know if I can say that I was left feeling happy when I finished it, but I *am* happy I read it because of how great you wrote it. So kudos on such a moving story!
kaijusaurusrex chapter 11 . 5/24/2013
Wow, omg, I loved it. Not only can it be viewed as a great character study for Kim, Shego, and Bonnie, it has such a feel and gritty sci-fi type plot it's just fabulous. I also really really enjoyed the stuff about the other soul that took over Kim being a better version of her, because I think that's a worry everyone thinks and wonders about. The added humorous tone of the globes of light getting the requests wrong just made it ao much better and the side that looked into Heaven and Hell and life after death was just epic. On top of all that all you characters were very realistic and true to themselves which just added to the overall awesome of the story. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Sereth Erethal chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
This is... Possibly the scariest story I've ever read. I can't even say why for sure, except it seemed almost stifling, the desolate infinity that they live in.

Thank you for writing this, it was definitely a good read, but I don't think its a story I shall ever revisit. It was just too creepy.
login-ff chapter 10 . 3/6/2013
well done. thanks for sharing.
Hikaru Akihiko chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
Very interesting plot. I like the mixed happy/sad ending. Kim and Shego both acted how I imagine they would in this situation. Nice job.
Scarlet Kurenai chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
That was a very interesting read, kinda like the twilight zone but without the tragic, inducing hole in the gut, ending. I liked it very much. Thank you for sharing.
Spaceship Coupe chapter 10 . 2/23/2013
This was a very interesting story. Although this chapter felt a little too rushed to just finish it, can't complain. It was such an interesting concept, I wanted to read it :) I'd definitely read more KiGo if you make more :)
Punk Rock Princess chapter 10 . 2/23/2013
This was well written and enjoyable to read. I appreciate that the ending leaves a lot to the imagination. :)
Reflectedd chapter 10 . 2/23/2013
That was wonderful.
That's all I can say.
It was wonderful and the ending suited it just fine. I love it.
Guest chapter 10 . 2/23/2013
Congratulations on completing this story, it's been a bit of a journey :) You deserve a pat on the back. Personally, I'd like to think that Kim and Shego don't enter that exit door, I like the idea that they find an eternal solice in their relationship with eachother. They have never struck me as the type to give up willingly, as individuals I imagine them as people who yearn for an adventure, any adventure, just so long as they are able to continue on their path. If that makes sense. I wish you the absolute best of luck beautiful author and hope that you achieve all to which you sight yourself for. Many thanks for your story, your words and for not giving up.
the-panda-tamer chapter 9 . 2/21/2013
Right, a few things before I start:
- I haven't read fanfiction in 4 years.
- I attempted to log in to review but I can't remember my details lol.
- I say these things because your story and idea is, put simply, absolutely awesome.

Now to properly review, lol. The idea behind this full on blew my mind, no joke. I love it. I love the character development, the unexpected things that have happened and the way you've given me such a vivid image of the surroundings.
I will be gutted for it to finish, however it's better to end a story when it feels right rather than keeping it going for the sake of it.

Honestly though, I don't think I've ever enjoyed an idea, such as yours, so much before.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »