Reviews for Shanty Town
Takayelie chapter 11 . 5/21
I really avoid love triangles but this was very tastefully written. Though sad, it still held some feeling of happiness. Thank you for the great read and for completing. Cheers!
This is such a great read. I loved the setting! The ending, too. The love triangle (which I usually can't stomach), if that's what it is, was well executed. Thanks for the work, I enjoyed it!
MilandaAnza chapter 11 . 3/15
While sad in its own way I also thought this was amazing and poetic, and Kim and Shego are doing good to help keep people's hopes up
KPfan83 chapter 11 . 11/10/2016
i love it, i love the way that the setting is somewhere that i have not read before in any other 'kigo' and that makes a nice change. the fact that you kept the characters quite 'in character' and they changed with time was brilliant as well. the only thing i was hoping for after the ending was that kim would get to see her dad before he moved on.
Ravena Wolfborn chapter 11 . 4/27/2016
wow
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 11 . 12/27/2015
Very well written story! Thanks for sharing
Guest chapter 11 . 8/31/2015
I loved this story. Even though throughout it I was hoping that Kim would get to return to her body, and somehow Shego would be able to go back, the ending was just perfect. Well done.
hausofbraus chapter 11 . 4/4/2015
This was so well written. I'm so late getting to this story but better late than never. You made me feel so happy for them but it was weird because underneath it I was sad, so sad. It was a strange thing to feel. Thank you for the experience.
lesbinope chapter 11 . 12/18/2014
Oh my god. I'm going to cry and the last time I cried at a story was this beautiful one-shot about a month ago. And before that, maybe another one-shot in March. And before that, Anne of Green Gables when I read that in... 4th grade?

At first, I was really hoping for something like Kim going back and getting some request to remember Shanty Town, and then developing something essentially like braindead living bodies without a soul, and then having the light balls put Shego in a specially made one. I mean, considering some of the stuff they did in that show or the things Kigo writers have come up with, that's not too out of the blue to ask for, is it? *sighs* But I think the with way you made your Shego, the two of them staying in Shanty Town forever and a day is more true to the whole atmosphere of the story. Kim getting "rescued" would negate the whole point of the plot, because she would forget everything. And there's some serious character development in that place that would be completely erased if they both got out by some miraculous interference of the Powers That Be.

The ending is very beautiful in that it's exactly perfect for the situation Kim has found herself in and it fits with the rest of the story. Throughout, even, there was a foreboding sense that Kim would never truly return, and it was a very gradual acceptance of that that she had to get through. In real life, it is hardly every that someone can go through such a life-changing experience and come back out and go back to the exact same life they had before - because they have become a completely different person. And I guess I think it's really sweet that even by "dying" of sorts, her last act led to her saving Shego. Very poetically just. Thank you for writing this beautiful story.
Alumina chapter 11 . 12/3/2014
Damn… This was deep. I don't have accurate words to describe just how I feel about this fic, but I loved it, definitely an interesting concept. Fantastic job.
Fykatherine chapter 11 . 8/30/2014
This story is good, was that the ending tho? If it was, it could have been slightly better but everything else was perfect. It made me think about all the life decisions I've made and will make. Your story deserves more credit. Anyways, this was excellent :)
Cibom chapter 11 . 8/24/2014
Wow. This was a fantastic fic! I absolutely loved it
Nink chapter 11 . 7/9/2014
I love this story and how it is so freaking different. Although it was frustrating how you teased us with the small kisses and never actually showed a full scene of awesome kigoness but ya know, love triumphs over all I guess. I also like how you continued the story even after the whole 'Shego gets my body' chapter, because you could have ended it there and that be that.
only-looking chapter 11 . 7/3/2014
This is such a wonderful story - one of the ones that stays with you long after you finish reading it. The premise is something I haven't seen before, everybody's perfectly in character, and they all get character development, especially Shego. Her saying goodbye to Bonnie at the exit door (as long as nobody could hear her, of course) was so touching, and so perfectly Shego.

I like to think that yes, Bonnie is at a perpetual day spa, Ron and Monique decided to have a real relationship, and Vivian!Kim went on to an awesomely successful robotics career.

Leave it to Kim to turn even the creepiest, most horrific setting into a better place.
Guest chapter 11 . 6/2/2014
This is one of the best horror stories i've read. Its got the twilight zone vibe down to a tee. The way the author has Kim fade away without her or even the reader realizing is very gripping. The only down side i can see is that the horror element that is hidden behind the supernatural seems to be completely unintended by the author. This story is an excellent example of fridge horror.