Reviews for Intro to Medium Awareness in Cimmerian Environments
stopthenrewind chapter 9 . 8/4/2013
OH MY GOD. I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS FIC. This is just so, so, so amazing. Very smart, very well thought out and structured, and was of a darker tone yet still was in line with the show's, in my opinion. And, in the beginning especially, it basically wrinkled my brain. I didn't find the whole switch between the evil study group and the prime study group confusing, but the slow reveal of the layers and layers of entangled plots kept me on the edge of my seat and it was glorious.

In terms of technicality, there were a few typos and errors in grammar, but they did not distract from the plot. And I LOVE the entire plot, of the evil study group infiltrating the prime timeline; the way you carried it out was - dare I say it? - SO much better than the show's attempt. And then came the plot twist of them realizing they were fictional characters in a television show stuck on reruns (until they're taken off of syndication, of course!) - SO. META. And SO cleverly done, because it kind of fits with the show's canon, in a weird way, with Abed being the only sane one, and who treats them all as if they were on TV - you just blew my mind, and seriously, how the heck did you even come up with this idea?! (Side note: I don't know if you've ever read Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, but this fic reminded me so much of that novel. Not in a bad way, definitely.)

Character-wise, I think you did a great job with their voices, of both the evil and the 'good' study group. I love Britta in particular; her scenes with Abed after she figured things out and when they went into the 'real world' were probably my favorites. I just really love how she was internally struggling with being selfless with regards to Jeff/Annie, and how she wanted so badly to stay in the 'real world' and have a 'real life', yet decided to come back to save her friends. Even Evil Britta was selfless, in the way that she wanted to 'save' the prime study group. It just says so much about her character, with "trying to act compassionate because she's afraid that she's not," and I just really, really enjoyed the resolution of her development. I enjoyed Annie's development, as well; how even though she was the last to be convinced, she ended up being the one to save the study group from her evil counterpart, and that she, in the end, learned that "perfection doesn't exist," and that allowed her to accept and love Jeff for who he is. And ultimately, the whole 'adventure' also allowed Jeff and Annie to realize the true nature of their feelings and be ready to pursue a relationship with each other, which is another thing I loved about this fic. Seriously, there are so many more things I loved, but I feel like this is becoming too long...oops. I'M SORRY, I JUST HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS.

Anyway, I saw that you also posted this to AO3 with some rewrites, so I'm off to read that now, and am excited to see what you have planned! Also, I just want you to know that I stayed up til 5 in the morning to finish the entire fic and was consequently late for a lunch meeting with my friends, but. Yeah. SO. WORTH. IT.
DJCaps chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Wow. I am only reading the prologue right now, and it is great. You are great.
2-shadows chapter 9 . 2/23/2013
I liked that resolution a lot. The story was amazing, if a little difficult to follow. Once I knew what the music meant, it made much more sense, which is how you intended it, I think. Great job!
celestialnavigations chapter 9 . 2/22/2013
Wonderful ending...I almost cried, but it definitely makes sense, leaving them free to explore their own endings in a natural way. Britta is really selfless, and even though it feels like she *deserves* to have Jeff be with her, the way it's opened up is way more organic and makes me happier than if she had gotten his love otherwise.

She'll always be there for him. And the way that cycles come and go...I wouldn't be surprised to see her back. In the end though, everyone got their resolution.
Erica chapter 9 . 2/22/2013
I really like how you ended this. I love how you described Jeff and Britta to me that's the kind of relationship they have on the show they have a wonderful friendship and in my opinion that's how their good together. Thank you for ending this with JA, i wasn't sure where you were going to go at the end of this but i'm thrilled you choose JA.
hannahsmetana chapter 9 . 2/21/2013
Yay! This made up for not seeing community last night (UK, went to bed as it aired over seas). But now I'm sad because it'sfinished :( you have to write a new one so I have story alerts that make me dance. It was a good resolution apart from I feel really sad for prime Britta, but then I love J/B the bestest. But I think she's gonna be fyne ;)
Guest chapter 8 . 2/18/2013
I like your story alot i really do, but I think it's wrong to be back and forth on JA and JB. I would really like to see a JA ending.
celestialnavigations chapter 8 . 2/18/2013
Amazing chapter- I can't wait for the new one. I kinda wish Jeff would stay with Britta of his own volition- once far from he hand of the Creator, maybe?

In any case, resolution! Can't wait!
hannahsmetana chapter 8 . 2/18/2013
I can't get enough of this! For my part, I hope resolution happens for all parties. After all, it's not the Evil Study Group's fault that it all went to crap - it's Dan Harmon's!
Annie chapter 7 . 2/10/2013
Woah awesome but so confusing! lol i just read the previous review where someone says about Jeff realizing he has feelings for Annie but going back to J/B but that's exactly what the show is gonna do lol! I hate it because i want J/A so bad but it's happening. Great meta story!
Guest chapter 7 . 2/10/2013
I really hope this ends with JA, you can't have Jeff just realizing how he feels about Annie just to bait and switch this and go the JB route. You just can't! Update Soon!
hannahsmetana chapter 7 . 2/8/2013
Where is this coming from? Either you're the most meta persn ever or you're Abed. Possibly both, either way you have my undying respect and adoration...
OnginalMaz chapter 7 . 2/8/2013
Noooo! Cliffhangers are bad for my health.
celestialnavigations chapter 7 . 2/7/2013
Extremely excited to see how this wraps up.
hannahsmetana chapter 6 . 2/2/2013
Oh god I can't take it! This is the fic I most look forward to getting the update alerts for! I should get used to this feeling. This will be my first season of community where I actually have to wait a week between episodes. Thanks for making me feel this way :)