Reviews for Beginnings
rattyjol chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
(Sorry I took so long to get back to you! I've had this tabbed on my computer for like a week and totally forgot it was there.)

This is great! I tend to forget that James and Elena were hardly in canon and basically everything I know about them is headcanon, so it was really interesting to see your take on them.

*Looking at Rachel, sometimes, Elena wasn't sure.*
I like this bit. I've always thought Elena was pretty empathetic and it's cool that you think so too.

I really like this fic. Thanks so much!
all the principles of heroism chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
The auxiliaries were robbed in canon, so it is nice to see a story starring the unsung heroes. Particularly since Elena disappeared in the narrative. I thought Elena's point in not really getting a choice was valid (it was go with the Animorphs or risk death/infestation; James was presented with the risk and even tried to veto for all the other auxiliaries). Not that James points were bad, per se. While I doubt they'd regret fighting for earth, it's a shame that Elena and James (and the others) were barely a mentioned in the last book. (I was upset that Jake regretted killing Yeerks but not sending the auxiliaries to their death as a distraction!) Nice insight.
mistrali chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Elena's reasons for not fighting - her fears and evasions - are conveyed well in this fic. The dialogue flows nicely, and you've addressed small points in canon like why Elena didn't fight and why the main six rarely changed battle morphs. James's passionate denial that *any* of the Animorphs wanted to fight was particularly well done.

However, I do feel both of them used uncharacteristically long, complex sentences at some point. Maybe pare down any unnecessary dialogue.
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Why would a hospital full of disabled children need security? Or did you just mean the way none of the nurses/doctors noticed that 17 kids were vanishing? Likely all at once...ok, now *I'm* wondering why no one noticed. XP
Great fic, and yeah, I don't remember Elena being in the later books, guess KA forgot about her like she forgot she named the auxilliary Tuan Pedro when he first showed up. Or the other way around, whatever. XP
Nice to see all your new fics. :D
Guest chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Oh, very nice. I like the compromise and some clue as to Elena's fate. Which will probably be being violently killed by Visser One. But still...