Reviews for Second Chances
Rydan fall chapter 21 . 8/18
If magic is heritary by blood, then it is part of your DNA.
Now Squibs would mean a mutation of the DNA, funny how this is more likely to happen with inbreeding.
Ad to this that there seems to be a clear line between magical animels and non magical animal, raises the quistion of why humans fall in both catagories.
Besides homo sapiens(?) there was a different brance, presumed to have died out, what if it mixed with the homo sapiens?
It would clear some things up.

It also would mean that muggleborns are from long lines of Squibs.
Including Squibs born to known wizarding families and thus thrown out into the muggle world.
A linage test for muggleborns might be very revealing and possible very shocking.

About Merlin and Morgana, they would not have been husband and wife, by any change?
I mean, what IS Merlin his last name, anyway?
Could mean anything, bet Nicolas Flamel might know more, what with his and his wife, their age, thanks to a certain stone.

As for the animals Luna is always going on about.
We know of animals that look like poison ones or can expend their bodies like balloons in order to look more dangerous and deadly.
Others are good in hiding and we know of atleast one magical animal that can only be seen if you have seen somebody dying.
And who is to say there are no magical bacteria?

In 1996, the magical world has so a ten to twenty years to adapt to the magical world, before automation starts to prevent them from tempering, altering or adding official goverment documens.
Meaning ten to twenty years before the Statu of Secrecy will start to become strained and it becomes waiting untill the breaking point.

Since the 80s, there have been experiments with light based processors, we have fibreglass cables for fast data transfer.
In my eyes, with all the light generating options the wizarding world has, a light based computer should be possible.
And with that they get access to the muggle computer systems and more.

A portkey engine should be possible.
Especially if you can connect it to a computer system that can calculate the right coördinates on the fly.
So picture a Firebolt Racing Broom with trunk carry plate above the back end.
On the front end somekinda box with all the needed dails for the location imput system and between the feet stire-ups(?) the actual portkey drive.

Reversing a lightning trap gives you a way to generate mana, if done right.
There are lightning arc based fusion reactors, there are also Tesla Coils.
So it might be possible to generate a artificial mana spring or it might not, writers autority, you know.
But if possible, it could let the wizarding world to redo the Apollo Missions on a grander scale.
Vanashing(?) Cabinets could possible be used to create a perminent connection between cellestal bodies, in the vane of the Stargate from Stargate, if restricted to the Solar System or more.
mckertis chapter 25 . 8/15
"Hooray ! He has forgiven me for being a shitty godmother ! Now i can be a shitty mother ! It's a good thing i didnt bother with him before, now he is nearly an adult and will be out of my hair in a couple of years. My plan worked !"
mckertis chapter 2 . 8/15
"Oh, btw, i am your godmother. You should know, it wasnt really important to me, or anything like that, so i promptly forgotten all about you. But dont you dare calling me out on that, you hear me ?!"
Demonized007 chapter 14 . 8/13
better ingredients_
better pizza _
papa johns
A literal thumbs down.
so perfect it hurts chapter 50 . 8/10
What an amazing story! I love your characters and your story line and the slight changes you made to the canon stories! I can't wait to read more!
- SPIH
jfrost22792 chapter 19 . 8/4
Excuse me for a moment, I have to go cuddle my cat now.
Kairos chapter 49 . 7/26
Nooooooo the story is not completed! I only try to find completed stories after so many abandoned ones, or slow updates. Oh well, I see you've recently updated horcrux tree, but still...

Great story though!
Kairos chapter 20 . 7/23
Ah, that was the bashing informed in the summary, and well deserved in this case.
ainokea2810 chapter 50 . 7/23
I am beyond blown away by your story! It is s fantastic. I love the Pinegrew family. I'm excited to read the sequel. Well done.
FierceDeityLinkMask chapter 17 . 7/13
Anybody mind telling me what chapter Harry makes this change in? I can barely stand him as he is but the story is intriguing! (Not a guest)
Spazzman29 chapter 23 . 7/13
I would probably enjoy this story more if it wasn't seemingly based around Hermione, Harry may as well be a supporting character.
Simianpower chapter 1 . 6/1
I've read this before, and stopped. Tried again to chapter 8 or... and stopped. Read the reviews of others, and remembered why I didn't like it: your Harry's an even bigger loser than in canon. Not fun to read. I don't even care if he becomes Merlin in another dozen chapters; if a story doesn't grab me quick, it's not going to, and this one's failed twice. I normally love long-form stories, but I just can't get into this one. Sorry.
I know this may come across as grammar nazi and i usually pass over mistakes but when Roxanne is speaking of Petunia, you used 'condemn' "I really don't condemn what she did" when i believe the word you were looking for was 'condone'.
1,637 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »