Reviews for Rising From the Darkness
Sailor Pandabear chapter 33 . 9/23
PGHammer chapter 17 . 9/18
No - this is NOT Xander influencing McGeek; this is McGeek being himself. Yes - we DO see a bit of "TakesCareOfHisGirls!Xander" in this chapter and the previous one (not only toward Maria, but toward Ziva as well) - McGee, however, is Team Gibbs' version of Xander; how and most importantly WHY did Ziva and McGee connect in the first place? (If you need to, binge-watch the entirety of the "Ziva David" arc of NCIS, and especially the last two seasons; McGee knows things about Ziva that nobody - and I mean NOBODY else, in OR out of NCIS - knows; then cross-reference those with all of "Gibbs' Rules". Then you'll figure out why Ziva/McGeek makes a crapton of sense in canon!NCIS and why Abby/McGeek makes sense here.) To be honest, if McGee survives to the end, I'm expecting him to be on the first available flight to Jerusalem. (Yes. That's why.)
Kaioo chapter 12 . 7/5
Xander always gets the short end of the stick in the romance department.
stephcullen2000 chapter 33 . 3/29
I love it x
Caelleh chapter 33 . 2/22
This story was great. Plot, flow, characterization, interactions. The full package. Amazing. Don't know if you'll ever read this, but kudos.
Zoanzon chapter 6 . 2/11
Ok, possible spy, and the last name of Lynch.

...Yea, this is reminding me of A-Team. My guess is CIA, or at least affiliated with.
lateVMlover chapter 33 . 1/26
This was an amazing story! I loved it.
Stone Cooper chapter 33 . 9/1/2014
This was a great crossover between the two shows. I found the relaitonship between Xander and Ziva to build in a real maner, it was well put together and kept me there until the end. Thank you for writing it.
SilverLion chapter 33 . 8/6/2014
I LOVE THIS! You captured the character's essences perfectly! I love how seamlessly it flows and I really hope you continue writing. I'm gonna check for a sequel now, and if there isn't one, I hope you get around to writing it.
renaid chapter 33 . 7/29/2014
I read this whole thing yesterday (instead of working, I might add) because I was captivated. You've done a fabulous job of merging two different genres of storytelling into one without losing the characterization of any of our favorite heroes. I really love your Xander. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with the rest of us.
CrazyTeddyBear chapter 33 . 7/8/2014
Wow. Just wow. That was an awesome story-thank you for writing it!
poppaeasabina chapter 32 . 4/21/2014
Why would Xander and Ziva want to discourage Alvarez from talking without a lawyer? They've already cautioned her.
poppaeasabina chapter 29 . 4/21/2014
Buffy using the Nerf ball was a clever touch.

Why does Eli David always walk away? He hired somebody to kidnap two teenage girls; if Faith and Xander hadn't rescued them, they'd have been tortured and raped (for information and kicks) and finally murdered. Why should Xander be understanding about this? It is not on a level with Xander putting teenagers on the front line against the Mayer, knowing that they'd be killed. It's quite qualitatively different. Why should Eli get away with it?
PoppaeaSabina chapter 28 . 4/21/2014
The plot here is facilitated by uncharacteristic sloppiness on Ziva's part: "obviously the therapist." Really? She knows there's someone in the hospital to kill her but she doesn't pay attention to the guy who just walked in because he's "obviously the therapist"? Really?
PoppaeaSabina chapter 19 . 4/20/2014
Gosh I hope Xander doesn't give Eli a pass because of Ziva!