Reviews for Rising From the Darkness
stephcullen2000 chapter 33 . 3/29
I love it x
Caelleh chapter 33 . 2/22
This story was great. Plot, flow, characterization, interactions. The full package. Amazing. Don't know if you'll ever read this, but kudos.
Zoanzon chapter 6 . 2/11
Ok, possible spy, and the last name of Lynch.

...Yea, this is reminding me of A-Team. My guess is CIA, or at least affiliated with.
lateVMlover chapter 33 . 1/26
This was an amazing story! I loved it.
Stone Cooper chapter 33 . 9/1/2014
This was a great crossover between the two shows. I found the relaitonship between Xander and Ziva to build in a real maner, it was well put together and kept me there until the end. Thank you for writing it.
SilverLion chapter 33 . 8/6/2014
I LOVE THIS! You captured the character's essences perfectly! I love how seamlessly it flows and I really hope you continue writing. I'm gonna check for a sequel now, and if there isn't one, I hope you get around to writing it.
renaid chapter 33 . 7/29/2014
I read this whole thing yesterday (instead of working, I might add) because I was captivated. You've done a fabulous job of merging two different genres of storytelling into one without losing the characterization of any of our favorite heroes. I really love your Xander. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with the rest of us.
CrazyTeddyBear chapter 33 . 7/8/2014
Wow. Just wow. That was an awesome story-thank you for writing it!
poppaeasabina chapter 32 . 4/21/2014
Why would Xander and Ziva want to discourage Alvarez from talking without a lawyer? They've already cautioned her.
poppaeasabina chapter 29 . 4/21/2014
Buffy using the Nerf ball was a clever touch.

Why does Eli David always walk away? He hired somebody to kidnap two teenage girls; if Faith and Xander hadn't rescued them, they'd have been tortured and raped (for information and kicks) and finally murdered. Why should Xander be understanding about this? It is not on a level with Xander putting teenagers on the front line against the Mayer, knowing that they'd be killed. It's quite qualitatively different. Why should Eli get away with it?
PoppaeaSabina chapter 28 . 4/21/2014
The plot here is facilitated by uncharacteristic sloppiness on Ziva's part: "obviously the therapist." Really? She knows there's someone in the hospital to kill her but she doesn't pay attention to the guy who just walked in because he's "obviously the therapist"? Really?
PoppaeaSabina chapter 19 . 4/20/2014
Gosh I hope Xander doesn't give Eli a pass because of Ziva!
PoppaeaSabina chapter 15 . 4/20/2014
Huh. Ziva must be incredibly stupid to be considering blackmailing somebody who's already killed at least 39 people. My immediate thought would be, "Do I really want to be Number 40?"

Great story, can't put it down.
poppaeasabina chapter 12 . 4/20/2014
Okay, this chapter is over the top. I can suspend disbelief for vampires, etc., but we fought a revolution over things like Xander's little card. Who cares what the Queen of England authorizes? She doesn't have much power even in the UK. The Pope? Can do what he likes in the Vatican, but elsewhere? No. The Patriarch? All these people have moral suasion and the Pope certainly has underlings with flexible morality, but to say that they have any *legal* muscle undercuts the story. The *story* is great and deserves better.
Tropp chapter 33 . 4/4/2014
Really good story, I must however give a slight edge to the first 20 chapters. Some editing would make it even better, some small issues but nothing major and nothing that can't be solved by rereading a passage or two.
You have apparently tried to do some research on guns and tactics, there are some issues but it is a whole lot better than most authors and only a few morons like me will notice that there are some errors.
The "immunity thing" I view as "licentia poetica" but it could be made more belivable by some rewriting and research. A tip would be to lock at the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (a sovereign entity without territory) and the priniciples that governs the accreditation of ambassadors.
As a final thought, torture or shooting bodyparts of people is not a reliable source of information - if you cause enough pain people will admit to be being jack the ripper just to make it stop.

These are just some small issues and don't see them as anything else because this is an awesome story and the NCIS team's interactions are fantastic and very true to character.

Best wishes from northern scandinavia/Tropp