Reviews for The Taste of Magic
The Auburn Girl chapter 1 . 2/14
Loved this so much! Glad I found it :D
JustlikeWater chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Wow. Just wow.
Ive been dying for a well written, in character story for this fandom for a while now, and I must say, this oneshot meets everyy expectation and then some. You wrote Rumple flawlessly, and the angle you took with belle was very refreshing. I really just cant get over how perfectly you captured his voice and mannerisms. The descriptions were perfect and not overly verbose like some, and I must say the overall writing was very clean cut and easy to read. (It flowed very well)

The last line was superb; what a perfectly simple ending to tie it all together. I really hope youve written more for this pair, im definitely checking out your other work! :D
Clockwork Mockingbird chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
I love thiiiiiiiiis. AND YOU'D BETTER BE IN BED.
Khaleesi221B chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
I really like this! Storybrooke!Belle keeps trying to change Rumplestiltskin, so I can imagine something like that happening! I really like how you made Belle feel weak and tired for once, and I love that Rumple wants revenge and to protect Belle that badly(because he really does)! Thank you for the virtual cookies! :p
Silver E. Sparrow chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Well I loved it and I, although I love Belle for her optimism and strength and bravery, really enjoyed reading her view point when she is having a hard day because come on. We know Rumpelstiltskin never makes things easy. Here, I think you showcased Belle’s strength even more, just like how you don’t know if you’re being brave until you are scared you don’t know how strong you are until the path before you is difficult, and even though Belle was more cynical then we normally see her and tired she still persevered. She still tried and carried forward because that was the right path to take. Don’t worry about canon buggering your story, that’s when missing scenes become AUs ;).
Luminary Clock chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I really liked this story. You did a really good job showing the tension between Rumplestilskin and Belle, whether they were talking about the potential danger or were chopping vegetables. (The breakfast backdrop was a nice touch. I don't usually think of making omlettes as angsty, but they worked as means of showing his fear and her passive-aggression and concern).

I especially liked that Belle is vulnerable in this story and a few of your others. Usually, I see her written as strong and determined, and while I think that we all can agree that she is a strong person, everyone needs a hug once in a while :)

Nice last line. Finalizing but not definite, if that makes any sense. I know that 2X11 pretty much made this AU, but I can definitely envision Rumples and Belle having a conversation like this. They were both in character and realistic.

I also like your similes. Especially "Not since his warmth towards her had frozen over like a midwinter lake" and "She has disarmed him like a master swordsman".
aradiaeva chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Great fic... Can so see Rumple going into overprotective mode at even the threat of hook coming to storybrooke and doing anything to keep belle safe
Renee chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Hey Robynne!
I'm guessing you know who I am (I'm hoping you only know one Renee :p). I REALLY REALLY liked it! Like seriously. I got so involved in reading it and I'm supposed to be studying for my biology test tomorrow so I'm putting that off :) I felt like I was actually watching Rumple and Belle in a "Once" episode and I can picture this scene happening as an extension of the one we saw earlier in season 2 (not sure if you intended it that way or the show just beat you to the punch by accident, but it works!) It was a relief to experience another side of Belle because I always wish she would say everything on her mind to Rumple and let herself be vulnerable with him so he can take care of her, but maybe I'm just a sap for them 3 Anyways, I loved it, you did a FANTASTIC job and I have to go study now, which will be infinitely less exciting than the awesome scene I just read. Keep writing!
Raerae639 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Love it! Also really liked the deal they made
Koenma's Dark Dragons chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
*jaw drop* wooooowwww...gorgeous. Just gorgeous. Wonderful job, my dear. I can't thino f anything to say...er type...*picks jaw off floor*