Reviews for Another Chance
KewlFoxyKatt chapter 45 . 11/1
I honestly think Haruhi went too far. She just called the the same as the person who attempted to rape her and beat her until she broke. Call me crazy but while I can understand why she's upset this is the first offense of an otherwise caring attentive boyfriend who has done nothing but protect her. She says she loves him but if she's going to leave him at the drop of a hat she doesn't deserve him. This was a confrontation I understood with Kyoya who has overstepped multiple times but she crossed a line calling them the same as her stalker. Then she threatens to leave again. I mean seriously? Someone should have pointed out that it was her life on the line. I'm going to throw away mine and my father's lives because I'm mad? Really? It was moronic to claim she could be rational and adult like and then say that. So it's ok to verbally abuse your protectors because you're mad? And then after refusing to let Hunny even hold her hand she throws herself at him the second something goes wrong as if she hadn't been treating him like crap before. Then she goes and lies to her father after just throwing a temper tantrum about being out of the loop not two hours before. Are you serious girl? Then she acts like she loves Hunny again because apparently it's fine as long as he's a teddy bear when she needs one. And everyone cosigns how she's acting like she isn't being both ungrateful and mean. She wants everyone to see her side while she rejects everyone else's side. I'd say she's the one acting like her ex.
Tisha chapter 62 . 8/26
Fabulous story! One totally unexpected yet highly enjoyable. Thank you for your imagination and story telling! Highly recommende
AHAHA Chika did start dating Masami! If that isn't a notch slap in the face for her sister, I don't know what is. Also, that is seriously going to make a lot of things awkward.

Still not cool with the tamaki thing since haruhi pretty much admitted he still played the daddy card a lot and had changed very little, but I'm a cold hearted birch when I want to be and can be very unforgiving. I'd never be the heroine in a manga or anime, that's for sure. Haha

Great story and congratulations on getting it published. That takes dedication and ambition. Keep writing and sharing your stories with the world please!
"THREATS* and violence hanging over their heads."

Not treats. Hahahaha He would probably adore treats hanging over his head! Haha XD
Akumi chapter 61 . 5/1
I still have a hard time swallowing her forgiving tamaki or considering him one of her best friends, but I know she has a soft heart. I wouldn't trust him again unless I saw major attitude changes. Even after he apologized, which he did in a completely selfish way, he still didn't understand why she wouldn't want to be alone with him or see him. He still had a proprietary air when he went to the hospital. He didn't really learn much and certainly didn't change.

Even if you know someone is a good person deep down, if their actions constantly harm or hinder your personal growth and healing, the best thing to do is keep your distance from them. It hurts like hell and seems cruel because you know they've done great and beautiful things, but sometimes it's the best option for all involved.

I would keep him as a friend but not a close or best one. I think haruhi is too kind for her own good, but she wouldn't be haruhi if she wasn't I guess.

I almost threw my tablet when the twins decided to treat a life or death situation like it was a game. God I wanted to physically maim them, but maybe getting shot taught them something. We can only hope.

I'm glad yasu is dead because the world really is better off without someone that can't feel empathy and takes pleasure from torturing people around them. I don't think he could have ever been rehabilitated and a master manipulator would have eventually found someone else to believe his lies. People like him never forget slights or insults against them, whether imagine or real, and he would have never given up.

I love hunny and how you've shown his more mature side and I'm glad he can finally start living his life with haruhi without treats and violence hanging over their heads. It's about time haruhi finally got her little slice of safety and happiness as well.

I'm also curious about who takashi is interested since you mentioned him having someone in mind a while ago and I don't know if there was any other mention of it. Did I miss it? And how is chicka doing? Is he going to fall in love with his ex's sister? Talk about awkward family dinners. XD

Anyways, awesome job and I'm off to read the rest. :D
Akumi chapter 23 . 4/30
I honestly think haruhi is too forgiving when it comes to tamaki. I think some people see tamaki as their favorite and love him, but in this story he really is kind of a bad guy. He's proven time and time again that he doesn't learn and won't change, so why should she trust him? Also, anything but harsh bluntness makes him think he still has a chance, and even when she's very very blunt he somehow deluded himself into thinking he has a chance.

I have a feeling he did more than pressure, manipulate, and humiliate haruhi into physical intimacy with him. He and hikaru instilled a dangerous president for relationships in her mind and yasus controlling and manipulation wouldn't seem out of norm when it first started because she was used to that from her friends and had subconsciously started to see it as normal.

I really think she's being entirely too kind to him and hikaru, but I'm so glad she's sticking to her resolve and not giving in to their demands this time around. I grew up in an abusive home and then when I got out I stumbled into an abusive relationship because I was so desperate for freedom that I didn't pay attention to the subtle signs because I was used to the abuse and it became normal. Fortunately, I got away rather quickly because I suddenly realized what road I was headed down a month into the relationship and when he hit me the first time I hit back and walked out.

I'm glad to see that the mental abuse is explored here. That's a HUGE part of an abusive relationship and is oftentimes more damaging than the physical abuse. The mental scars stay a lot longer and instead of going away you have to learn to cope with them instead. It changes you forever and it's really great to see that here instead of her suddenly being better one day.

I'm really glad that she's with hunny, but I do worry that she might be confusing her dependency with love. However, she's aware that might be the case and I'm so happy she's thinking about it and taking it slow. Hunny or Takashi are the two people best suited to help her heal because under the surface hunny is actually very down to earth and understanding of emotional needs. Takashi is just like a placid lake that flows with the current and is always willing to be the calm in a storm. They're just what she needs.

I also am hoping to see more of her friendship with kyoya. I totally ship them usually, but when she with either hunny or takashi, I love to see their friendship. I think haruhi and him think the same on a lot of subjects and that their friendship is always fun to watch.

They're both big on respecting their family and honoring their parents, even if kyoya doesn't particularly like his father he respects him a great deal and haruhi is the same and is determined to follow in her mother's footsteps. They both believe that work comes before play but if one of their friends really needs something, they're always there.

Kyoya always thinks about the bottoms line, whether that's his father's acknowledgment or money, but when it comes to his friends their happiness is the bottom line. That doesn't mean he won't try to get happiness and respect/money at the same time. :P Schooling and becoming a lawyer is haruhis bottom line, but she'll put her friends first if necessary. Theyre just really a lot alike but just show it differently.

Haha I got so carried away and started thinking out loud at you. XD I guess it all comes down to me really enjoying this story so far and that I think haruhi was just the right level of harsh to tamaki for her character. If it was me, I would have kept him at a greater distance because I know he doesn't learn and I'm not nearly as forgiving as haruhi. However, for haruhi and her kind personality, it's just right. Sorry this got so long!
guest chapter 65 . 9/17/2015
I can honestly say that is one of the best stories I have read. You have written it so well and it just the right amount of suspense, humor, joy and love. On top of all of that, you included a beautiful wrap up for the end it was wonderful and had me crying at the beauty. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story. :' )
TheMidnightwolf15 chapter 65 . 8/22/2015
This story was sweet, tense and emotional all at the same time. You did a brilliant job with all the characters. I always did prefer Karou's, Mori's, Hunny's and Kyoua characters over the others - which is surprising for me because Tamaki and Hikarou's voice actors are two of my favorites (in the English dub). I think you could've expanded on Yatsu's past with Harui a little bit more but thats' just my minor nit-pick. Now onto the sequel for me!
HeartCheshire chapter 65 . 8/5/2015
OMG! That's amazing! I remember when this was first made and I was just a guest reader! Time flies, LOL. Anyway, congratulations!
Plain Talk chapter 65 . 7/23/2015
Self-publishing? Gimme a break. That's barely one step up from selling doujinshi or plushies at a comicon. You must have used Create Space. It's free and pretty much the ffnet for original stories. Hope you make a few bucks anyway. Just calm yourself okay? When a legit publisher offers you a book deal I'll be impressed. Until then, not so much since anyone who writes a halfway decent story can do what you've done. Good gosh.
3xp3cto-patronum chapter 65 . 7/20/2015
This is such great news! I loved this story so I already bought your book. I'm two chapters in and I love it!
Cassidy chapter 61 . 7/20/2015
"Such a shame my two sons decided to play tramp. –Love Mommy. P.S. The dress you sent me has been destroyed."
…Kyouya
HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA…10 hours later
That is hilariously awesome.
sapphireanguill chapter 65 . 7/19/2015
That's amazing! I'm so happy for you! I'll be buying that soon:-)
AnimeBestie chapter 65 . 7/19/2015
I haven't read this story actually! But now I'm not going to so I don't spoil it because I'm probably going to buy your book on my kindle! Yay. XD
HChen.RavenFeather chapter 65 . 7/19/2015
Great work, mcangel-chan! It is rather interesting that you were able to turn such a well written piece of fanwork into an original book...is there a backstory to the characters or is it told almost exactly like the Ouran story?