Reviews for Harry Dursley and The Chronicles of the King
mckertis chapter 16 . 7/20
Hints ? You call THAT hints ? Are you stupid ? Fucking retarded ? How is it a hint if it is IMPOSSIBLE to decipher ?
brokenstrings001 chapter 18 . 6/21
i'm ridiculously confused!
tricorvus chapter 4 . 6/9
You weave an intriguing web with your words: you arrange them and do a turn of phrase that is wildly accurate in some cases, and deeply entertaining in all cases.
Rock on
tricorvus chapter 1 . 6/8
Wow. A great, non-fanon start!
I like it.
Rock on
jesterl1291 chapter 50 . 5/30
Qi just wanted to say that I love your story. It made me sob, it made me cheer, it made me rant. It made me feel all the emotions on the spectrum and I love your story love I am on chapter 47 currently and I love what you have done. Thank you for such a wonderful story and for showing how depressing yet unexpectedly wonderful life can be. Thank you for bringing color to this monochrome girls life.
scarlettmeadows chapter 36 . 4/6
I've got to say, 36 chapters and still no idea who's running what scheme and who's possessing Harry. Driving me crazy!
scarlettmeadows chapter 35 . 4/6
This fic just becomes more confusing and intriguing wiht every chapter :)
scarlettmeadows chapter 23 . 4/6
Why on earth did Voldemort Kill Scamander?
scarlettmeadows chapter 17 . 4/6
Those obliviations are really, really getting on my nerves! :D
Bob chapter 96 . 3/18
No, thank you for writing this great work. Harry Dursley and The Chronicles of the King is one of the best stories I have ever read. Even during the moments where I was left totally flabbergasted and lost by the multiple plot twists. No thank you ESPECIALLY for those. With them you have perhaps reminded me I am not as clever as I like to think I am :P
Bob chapter 95 . 3/18
Well this was definitely one heck of a ride! You somehow managed to take the overused cliches of Harry being the heir to Hogwarts, Dumbledore being a bad guy and Harry having a twin who everyone treated as the hero AND YOU MADE IT WORK. Seriously, amazing job on that.

One thing that bugged me was that it seemed kinda over the top for Harry to kill them. Maiming them would have sufficed. At the very least he could have reiterated that they should engage him in a duel to the death if they feel dissatisfied (even all of them VS him if they wish). By slaughtering them he basically gave of the vibe that he is no better than a Dark Lord and potentially alienated his own sister. Otherwise not much to complain about.

Sad thing is I know that the sequel to this fic hasn't been updated to a few years since I checked your profile. It just makes me depressed thinking that once again one of the best fanfics out there is left incomplete. Literally only maybe 1 in 10 good fanfics are actually finished on this website :(
Bob chapter 89 . 3/17
So what everyone else was just staring and doing nothing this whole time? C'mon there had to have been at least SOME aurors or trained fighters in there. What of his parents? They just let him 'die' and didn't try to intervene in ANY way? You could have easily fixed this by having the hunt paralyze them with magic or something because even if they can't hurt the Hunt they could at least try to escape or help others to escape.
Bob chapter 88 . 3/17
This is too damn complicated. Don't get me wrong - you are a great writer in almost every sense of the word, however you seem to assume that other people are able to spare the cognitive capacity to follow your ridiculously intricate storylines when they are only reading this fic to relax after school at 23:30 in the evening.
I don't know why you believed it necessary to add so many different timelines to this story when simply one Future Harry would have probably sufficed. Basically I am pissed because I just want to enjoy the damn story without having to engage my brain as if I am taking an exam. And I don't get why you seem to go out of your way to bash Lillian when she isn't even an integral part of the story any more. Alright I suppose 'bash' isn't exactly the right word, but you are making her suffer seeming needlessly because it doesn't seem like she is growing or learning from any of it.
'Ugh' I guess I'll go make myself some coffee before delving into the next chapter.
Nosy John chapter 14 . 2/22
Thus far I made some guesses about "Harry": He is Tom Riddle's piece reshaped (and renamed) as Harry James Potter during the incident and there are some sort of magics woven around him that makes less observant people forget about him and things related to him.
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 65 . 2/3
This is a brilliantly written story. You have really got a great imagination, and your plot definitely reflects that.

So, I wonder to myself: why have I started disliking the story in the later chapters, while I absolutely loved it at first?

I guess there are two reasons. First off, it is what you have done to Harry. Even when he scores a victory, he still comes off as a loser. I think you have gone to the polar opposite end of 'Harry has it easy and is overpowered'. Either extreme side has its drawbacks.

Another thing is the amount of half-mysteries (the so-called foreshadowing) or loose ends that you leave open for so long. Pulling that technique off a few times is fine, but too much of anything can be overwhelming and annoying. In the end, you have the reader (or at least me) worrying about the numerous mysteries - whose resolution might be just hinted at eventually - instead of focusing on the story. The fact that you sometimes have to explain parts of the plot in your ANs is a testament to the fact that you are doing too much 'hinting'.

Anyway, I feel a little bad because I have written positive reviews for stories much more simplistic than this one, while I am coming off as negative here. If we put the above bone of contention aside, all I have to say is that you are a great author, and technically this fic feels better written than the 99 percent of this site's stories. So, good job.
1,216 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »