Reviews for Deducing Hogwarts
Dear Author chapter 8 . 12/31/2014
This is such a good story. I'm sad that it hasn't been continued, but I'm not holding my breath for more (especially since the last time this was updated was in 2013). Still, if you decide to continue that would be amazing and I would cry. Thank you for writing this fun story.
I Have A Benediction chapter 8 . 4/8/2014
You should consider updating this.
Anon chapter 8 . 1/12/2014
Are you going to slash? Because I love this story and my OTP is Johnlock, so pls.
Destiny Obak chapter 8 . 1/12/2014
Please update! This is so cute and I want to see what happens.
Shan Akaila chapter 8 . 12/29/2013
Update please, I love your sharp John very much
Edhla chapter 8 . 11/28/2013
Summer! Why you no come back to RLt? I miss you, hun! xx

I also really, really missed this clever, adorable, wonderful fic. I swear to heaven I REVIEWED this chapter... I don't understand why I didn't!

Aww John being a bit of a goody-two-shoes and indentured to Lestrade. I hope to see some bromance there in the future :)

I completely made this stupid d'aww face when Sherlock said he'd been trying to be good. Transplanting this back to the show, YES. Of course he tries to be good (unless you're Anderson.) He's horrible at it, but it must be crushing for him. D'aww.

A window into the lake? THAT lake, with the mermaids and stuff? Oh, Lord. A vista of imagination just opened for me. I want, NEED to live there!

"It wasn't where..." oh will you STOP SMACKING ME IN THE FEELS?! Actually... no, don't. Because I love it when you write like this. I really, really do.

Again, a brilliant little moment of characterisation: Mycroft doesn't sleep much. He has such a demanding job, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he rarely clears four hours a night. I love this image of Mycroft as a sleeping teen... vulnerable Mycroft is my favourite Mycroft... hmm. Maybe badass Mycroft. I'm not sure.

Sherlock insisting John needed his sleep, but was planning on wandering around alone all night?! Oh, Sherlock :(

Please, please, for the love of God, update soon lest I DIE.

Love you lots,

Edhla x
Esther Huffleclaw chapter 7 . 9/12/2013
I'm imagining little Billy Weasley, and my head picture of him is really cute. And then I'm imagining the rest of the Weasleys as kids, and squeeing. :D
Esther Huffleclaw chapter 6 . 9/12/2013
That was just brilliant, having Mycroft "kidnap" John like this. Wonderful re-imagining of that scene. I love Mycroft here. He's just so insufferable, isn't he?
Esther Huffleclaw chapter 5 . 9/12/2013
I love this paragaph:
"Sherlock snorted in an almost-laugh that, any time he could elicit it, made John feel funnier than he did when other people laughed until they cried. Sherlock didn't think much was funny. Just interesting or uninteresting. John grinned proudly. Sherlock returned the smile, spine relaxing into normalcy. Then he shoved John back with his own shoulder and said nothing. What he meant was thank you. It was ok, because John understood. He was pretty sure he was the only one at school who spoke Sherlock, but that was alright, because he was also good at it."

John being a natural at flying is perfect. And I like that you gave Sherlock a weakness. Nice.
llivend chapter 8 . 8/19/2013
daww this story is wonderful, please do update soon :D
Edhla chapter 7 . 8/19/2013
I had no idea I wasn't already caught up. ULTIMATE FAIL.

"The tryouts..." while I love the respective characterisations in this, it's a pretty long sentence, and so is the one that follows... I'd consider breaking them up a little :)

"Mike not be the sharpest..." It's hilarious that everyone's impression of Mike, including mine, is that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed... when in canon he teaches at a training hospital and there's simply no reason to believe he's not brilliant. The connection between "herbology" and "medical students" is really clever, and I love Mike's role as John's fanboy :D

"Excellent beater." Yes.

"I think there's a better-than-average..." oh, Sherlock. You miserable git.

"Wizarding equivalent of polo..." I love it :D

"Well, blanket..." ha :D

"Listen to him vent about it..." Are you me? Do you, like me, believe that a lot of Sherlock's adventures in the Bart's lab involve him absolutely needing someone (John, Mike, Molly) to bitch at when things don't necessarily go his way? :D

John's nerves are so adorable. SO adorable.

Oooh! OOH IT'S A WEASLEY. I like where you've placed the timing in this, back when Bill was a Billy :)

"I hope you make it." John, stop being adorable. It hurts.

I screamed when Lestrade showed up. Now I'm grinning like a loon. Please don't judge me :p Lestrade is SUCH a boss. And again, your characterisation about him ignoring the jerks in his team who bitch and whine and are insubordinate is brilliant.

"Lestrade set me up in a hiding spot." Here lies Edhla, died of feels, August 19th, 2013.

"Do wizards even HAVE drugs?" That is a DAMN GOOD QUESTION. :D And one that has never occurred to me before. I love how horrified John is (and I want to hear about his grandmother)- that being said, less might be more on the italics (which I've had to strip from my own stuff numerous times.)

"When he's not being awful he's actually a really talented wizard." Yes! Spot on. I want moar Mycroft. I adore him. And I adore how John just wants to tell a grown-up and make it their problem. "Have you talked to the police...? Then why are you talking to *me*?!" :D
Fi Suki Saki chapter 8 . 8/19/2013
I read it as if holding breat in silence when they became burglars in action! XD

That's nice, John...!
Glad to hear that...
Esther Huffleclaw chapter 4 . 8/7/2013
I really liked this chapter. Once again, you've written their reactions exactly as I imagine they would be. It's practically perfect.

I did find a couple (well, three) spag issues:
"Anyway, it can't be any worse that just lying there." I believe you meant to say "than" rather than "that."
Hogsmede should be Hogsmeade.
"Sherlock couldn't do much damage to it that hadn't already be done." I believe you meant "hadn't already been done."
Mourshkin chapter 4 . 8/3/2013
I'm completely in love with your story, it's perfect! If I could favourite it twice, I would. Can't wait to read the rest of it :D
Guest chapter 7 . 7/29/2013