Reviews for Shattered by Time
Ie-maru chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Love this so much
Darkpetal16 chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
The beginning was something, and your summary was very attention-grabbing. I liked the bluntness you provided at the beginning, it’s a nice change of pace from other stories I’ve read.

The idea of Kakashi going insane is a different one. Most people build him to be able to handle the pressure of anything, and it makes him seem almost inhuman. I like that you didn’t go in that direction, that you actually broke him and considered the possibility that he, like other humans, could have a weakness. I applaud you on that part. Excellent work on writing out how Kakashi would deal under such stress, too. I would say it was very in character with him - the self destruction, while no fan wants to hear about it, is a very real and possible route with Kakashi. It’s almost in his nature, the self-appointed guilt and temptation to just… follow after his loved ones.

I have to say, before I forget, I very much like the way you wrote this out - the diction, tone, jargon and mood you placed in this story, as well as they way you wrote out Kakashi’s POV. I just seemed to better connect with Kakashi, when you wrote like that - I was able to get a good grasp on Kakashi’s thought process and what he was feeling and *that* is hard to do. Excellent job.

How Kakashi explained the situation to Hiruzen was fun - I like how you didn’t waste any time with telling someone the future. Most TT fics tiptoe around that idea, and I definitely appreciate the change of pace.

You did a tremendous job in building Kakashi back up from his… dealings in the Genjutsu world. You made his path to recovery very realistic, and thus, far more enjoyable to read. It was also incredibly nice to see a better overview of Kakashi and Gai’s friendship. There’s a lot unsaid in the Canon!verse, so it was both contemplating and informative to read about.

I loved that Kakashi adopted Naruto and Sasuke - that kind of insistence and gesture of (family) love was both heartwarming and heart wrenching. Heart wrenching for the reminder that Naruto and Sasuke had to go through hell to get a family the first time around; that Kakashi lost his own family; that Kakashi had to lose everything once already to give Naruto the chance of a family so early, and Sasuke the opportunity for a new family; and… well I think you get the point. But the heartwarming part of it overrides the angsty feels, because it’s just so sweet and thoughtful and I almost want to say fluffy, but this isn’t a fluffy story…

Overall, I very much love this story and I can’t thank you enough for posting it. :)

Have a spectacular day, friend!
Darkpetal16

(Sorry for typos and shortness - on phone, so kinda hard xD)
random-k chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
beautiful, sad, and very realistic.
Rubyruby99 chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
This was a great story! keep up the good work :)
goldenlucario1 chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Oh, this was beyond fantastic. Really, I have no words to describe how great this was, you left me speechless...this story was just so realistic! Phoenix, you tend to never make your characters OOC, which is a good thing! I like it how you make everything so realistic! Keep writing!
Arabelle chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
this is truly the best time travel fic I've ever read. It didn't drag on, and it was unique, different from most of the others. Danzo "harvesting eyes" phrase made me laugh. It just sounded funny. Like he had an eye farm. I like your writing style.
MBScavenger1498 chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Cool, this seems worth continuing. keep it up.
8wo3Y4tw chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Well, Kakashi got messed up.
I like the oneshot, it shows how you'd expect someone to be broken by what Kakashi went through, and he eventually becomes better.
j45to7 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
That was pretty cool. Why the number three and not any other number? It was a bit overwhelming at times with that insistence on the three in the text. Perhaps it would have worked better if you had worked the three into how the story was written and not so much in the text itself? Other than that, it was a good read. The end is really funny.
Akeru-chan chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Oh Kakashi... He's so tortured and just T_T This is so sad. But the way he managed his life and rose above it made me root so hard for him. This is a great fic! Thank you for writing it!
MegaKiraraLover chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
aha, so you did post it! sorry... -sweatdrops awkwardly-
rebecca chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Oh no! There's only one chapter! Tis is a fantastic story. I will definitely say that it is one of the most accurate representation of Kakashi timetravel I have ever seen. Provably the most accurate one, in fact. Most have him just the same as if he had not lived 20/10/somewhere in between years more than everyone else. They have him totally normal. Totally sane. Which is absolute bull. As you very explicitly show in your story, of course he's not totally ... all there! Of course he's not stable. And of course he will make changes. Your story is fantastic because it draws on realistic scenarios and does not force the characters into roles that they do not fit. Most people would have had Sasuke jumping into the open arms of Gai and Kakashi and getting along perfectly with naruto. Of course it doesn't work that way! I love the way you draw on reasonable situations and characters to propel your story
Izzyaro chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
That was brilliant. I loved the way you portrayed the relationship between Kakashi and Gai, and I thought you handled Kakashi's trauma very well too. The use of the repetition was very effective, and I loved how Kakashi was looking after Naruto and Sasuke. Really well done.
Prescripto13 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
I was reminded of Will Smith's character in "I am Legend." The mental toll of being the "last man" is something that both Kakashi and Smith have in common.

Also, I can see the logic of Kakashi being immune to the Infinite Tsukiyomi. It also wouldn't surprise me to see the Uchiha pair punishing Kakashi because of it, as in your story.
29 | « Prev Page 1 2