Reviews for HP: Dolen Amser
Doobie78 chapter 9 . 2/21
As a combat vet with PTSD, thank you for having the courage to speak frankly about it. Proud of you brother.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 1/27
It sounds as if you've had a rough time. I'm glad your mom was there to help you. Treasure her. Moms can get on our nerves sometimes, but they can also come through when it's most important. I lost mine just before Christmas, after a rough two-plus years of watching her slip away gradually. I miss her dearly, and it's painful to know I no longer have her to turn to when I need a shoulder.

I'll be following your story, so that I'm notified when you begin writing again. I guess I need to start checking the last chapter instead of just looking for the "Complete" status note. I look forward to future updates when you're ready.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 1/26
Tonks's comment about trusting Dumbledore and the "realization" by Harry that everything that happened "was his own damned fault" makes no sense to me. I suppose it is due to my belief that most of Harry's "adventures" were set up or "commandeered" by Dumbledore to test Harry. My rationale:

1. There was absolutely no need for the "third floor corridor" announcement. A wizard as powerful as Dumbledore could have warded that area to a fare-thee-well, layered it with Notice-Me-Not charms, and cast a Fidelius on it. No one would have looked at it or thought about it. All the announcement did was ensure numerous kids (tell me you don't think the Weasleys checked it out!) lost no time exploring the area.

2. How many students have died at Hogwarts during Dumbledore's time there? Enough that he wouldn't link Myrtle's death with the Chambers of Secrets? Why didn't he talk with her and ask about her death? If he did, but he still didn't figure it out, why didn't he set her to report to him when things started happening around tha bathroom in Harry's second year? Is he a fool? Is he just negligent? Is he trying to make sure that Harry "finds" the Chamber and deals with the Basilisk? Does he consider the petrified kids "acceptable losses" in his Greater Good scheme?

3. Why didn't Dumbledore send Fawkes to fetch Sirius when he escaped? I'll bet Fawkes could have flashed him to Dumbledore's office in minutes, and Dumbledore could have stunned and interrogated him, dealt with Peter, and then gotten Sirius a trial. He could have used his position as Chief Warlock and explained what happened in a letter to the press (from Harry) to get Sirius's story out and whip up sympathy. He totally dropped the ball there.

4. Why did Dumbledore allow the TWT to take place? Knowing Harry's "luck," he should have put it off until Harry had graduated. Fudge was paranoid about Harry, and Dumbledore could have used that to keep Harry safe. He also should have done something about that ridiculous contract, if he was dead set on allowing the tournament. He created a death trap of a year for Harry.

5. Why was Bill Weasley not hired to teach Harry Occlumency? As a Gringotts employee, he would have been required to know it to keep Gringotts business safe. As an Order member, he would not have been the "risk" that Dumbledore claimed to fear. In addition to Harry actually LEARNING Occlumency, he wouldn't have suffered as he did under Snape.

I could go on, but ... why? I really hate seeing Harry blame himself for all of the bad things that happened. Dumbledore was a manipulator who was callous and unfeeling, IMO. Was he evil? I don't know. I do know he was willing to sacrifice Harry's happiness for his Greater Good. He always claimed to have good intentions, but we know what those are used for, don't we? I mainly thing Dumbledore was arrogant - too arrogant to consider that he might be making mistakes. JM2K.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 1/26
"A certain pair of redheads had actually checked outside to see if the sky was falling." Oh, dear! That reminds me ... do the Weasley Twins have the Marauders Map yet? If they do ... ?
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 1/26
I don't know if I've read this story or not, since lately, it seems every time I begin a new story lately, I discover a chapter or so in that I've read it before (which probably means I spend too much time reading fanfic). I usually figure it out when I try to review a chapter and discover I've already posted a review for that chapter. Anyway, this story looks like fun, and I love the Harry/Tonks pairing - although they're a LOT younger than usual.

I'm a bit confused about Andi's concerns, since 1990-91 is Tonks's final year at Hogwarts (canon). Harry would have been going into his sixth year in the fall of 1996 (the year he just left and has not yet taken); so going back in time, shouldn't he be going into sixth year this time? If so, that would put him a year behind Tonksie. I realize a year isn't much of an age difference, but it keeps them in separate classes, at least.

Anyway, these "temporal anomalies" give me a headache.
nickp41 chapter 9 . 1/12
love this story, and looking forward to the re-write one day
KinkyJAC chapter 9 . 1/12
I really like the start of this but I want more of it.
redbaron297 chapter 9 . 1/6
I always felt writing stories for free meant to write for yourself and no one else. People demanding updates or changes to any story had better get themselves checked. Embrace the suck, and hope you get better.
jamnaz79 chapter 9 . 12/9/2017
Story is simply amazing. Sorry to see it was never finished. Hope you are better. God bless
Ruby Slytherin chapter 9 . 12/2/2017
Please rewrite this, or continue this story, or something, because this is THE BEST time travel story ever!
Blackholelord chapter 9 . 11/12/2017
A damn shame that the story is no longer continue. It was a good read.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/5/2017
More chapters please
Jimbocous chapter 9 . 11/5/2017
Thanks for a great read so far, and I do hope to see this revisited. Hope life is well. Reading fanfic is my therapy. Best regards from a James who prefers Jim and hates Jimmy.
Lord-Chrono chapter 9 . 10/11/2017
Love the story!
adriana.schroor chapter 9 . 10/8/2017
I love this story, everything seems to work with that paradox you've created and I hope you will find the time, resources and will to begin to rewrite this.