Reviews for HP: Dolen Amser
Guest chapter 8 . 12/8/2016
bummer. i only like to read completed stories and even tho it's notated as to be rewritten i'm thinking this might be abandoned as it's been a year since you last updated and you are working on other stories. oh, well. it was a nice thought i guess.
Leicontis chapter 9 . 11/29/2016
Given the stigma so stupidly attached, it takes a hell of a lot of courage to admit mental illness even to oneself, let alone to talk about it with strangers. Good on you for getting the help you need, and for encouraging others in similar straits to do likewise.

If writing helps you, write whatever helps most, and if a reader doesn't love it, tough luck for them.
Sam chapter 9 . 11/27/2016
Please please can we have more soon?
Draeconin chapter 9 . 11/20/2016
Stopping in the middle of a story to do a rewrite is a very good recipe for a dead story. I've seen it happen dozens of times. I think I've seen that rule broken only twice. A more successful recipe is to finish the story, even if it only presents an outline, then rewrite that story the way you want it. At least if you then lose interest in the rewrite, your readers will have some idea of what the full story would have been.

That said, I very much enjoyed what you *have* written of this story.
Nemo Blank chapter 9 . 11/21/2016
Love the story. As for the therapy part, there is this new wonder drug out, called 'beer.' It really works for me.
Knightman79 chapter 9 . 11/13/2016
Like this story alot can't wait for the rewrite. I like Honks stories the best. I hope all is finding you well.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/31/2016
Your reason for the uselessness of dumbledore and the professors when it comes to student endangerment makes no sense. Other than that the story is good so far.
Reginleif2004 chapter 9 . 10/20/2016
I enjoyed this story when it was still going. Looking forward to seeing where you go with it once you start putting out the rewrite. Maybe post something here for anyone still following this to let us know the rewrite is coming?
Hercules8 chapter 2 . 10/17/2016
The story is really good! :)
mwinter1 chapter 9 . 10/17/2016
Here's hoping for the rewrite, Also praying for you.
rescue 007 chapter 9 . 10/15/2016
UPDATE the story please.
David M. Potter chapter 9 . 9/11/2016
Great chapter and story! I do hope you finish it as it is really good
David M. Potter chapter 1 . 9/10/2016
Brilliant start!
Phoenix Flight chapter 9 . 8/31/2016
Hey, so glad to hear that writing is doing you good, as well as us all. You've got me cheering you on, both in life and in art, for what it's worth!

I'm glad Harry didn't die from his inadvertent change to the timeline. Maybe he can even save Arcturus! Well, maybe not, if he's remembering being Lord Black...

Just a note — if you are planning to rewrite this in a separate document, could you mark this one as abandoned in the summary? I totally got confused because I saw "finished" but when I hit this chapter it clearly wasn't done in that sense.

Oh, and one more thing. I'm an amateur and totally nosing in, so I'll understand if you roll your eyes, but I was suffering from some pretty severe depression for a long time (and what I later realized was some post-traumatic stuff as well), and now whenever I hear someone struggling, I throw a couple of recommendations their way, on the principle that I wouldn't have found these resources myself if they hadn't been recommended to me. That said, I would look up a book on trauma called Waking the Tiger by Peter Levine. It's a fast, fun, and freaky read, and it helped transform my understanding of the childhood-disrupting murder of my best friend and helped me reach a lot of closure that I might not have found otherwise. The other recc is the Triple Column Technique from cognitive therapy. It's the one exercise I return to over and over, and I wish I had discovered it 20 years ago.

So, feel free to toss this suggestion out on its ear. I hope I haven't offended you. I know it's unsolicited advice, but we who have suffered long to reach out and help.
LoTSh chapter 9 . 8/30/2016
Hello! Just found this story today and read the whole thing in one sitting! I enjoyed it very much, especially because it is sometimes hard to find a good plot that hasn't been done over and over, but this one is an oasis of originality. While a bit disappointed there wasn't more to the story, hearing your reasons at the end, I am much happier that you are taking the time to look after your mental health as that is something I often have a hard time doing. I look forward to you posting this story again once you've rewritten it, and plan to look through your other stories in the meantime. You are a very good storyteller and I'm excited to start on some of your other HP fics, so I'll sign off for now. Keep up the excellent writing and you'll always have loyal readers eagerly awaiting your next post... 3
771 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »