Reviews for HP: Dolen Amser
bluejayofdreams chapter 9 . 6/28
Please tell me the rewrite is coming soon I'm loving this
Mary Weishaar chapter 9 . 6/9
Thank you for being honest. I like your stories very mush helps to read when your hurting and the pills have not kicked in yet. sorry my typing stinks, I was better at fixing the old manuals than typing. So hang in there are good days and hopefully there are more good than bad. So do what the DOC SAYS AND WRITE. Sorry about that , To err is human, but to realy fowl things up use a computer.
Ratchadwi chapter 9 . 6/10
I usually skipped reading author's notes, but yours touched me personally, as i was having similar issues. My bathtub and knife thingy has been done but i got found in time. Still feeling real down from time to time, especially after talking my my mother. As i understand she couldnt understand what i was and am going through, and doesnt know what to say without saying insults and reminding me what shame ive brought to family, she doesnt understand that the desire to end things is still alive within me.
Rebel Dixie Babe chapter 9 . 6/3
What the f... Don't call a story complete if it isn't .
Sandaime Hokage chapter 8 . 5/30
Enjoying the fic so far, will look out for the re-write.
BJH chapter 9 . 5/18
I won't nag you for an update, I just want to let you know that I know what you are going through and I wish you the strength to get through it.

Lord Inquisitor Kriss chapter 9 . 4/21
Just started and finished reading this today, you write really well, I look forward to reading it again as you rewrite it.
Sorry to hear about what you're going through, and I would like to say thank-you for sharing it with us, I know how difficult it can be to share when you're dealing with problems like this.
I don't review. Pretty much ever. However, you are a fantastic writer with a huge grasp of the ability to understand human nature and explore it well. May you always know what escapes me first in depression:
You are a good, worthy person. You change people's lives for the better with your words. It's my hope that you'll read this when the gray monster attempts to swallow you whole again.
thedwo chapter 9 . 4/18
Hey, so I enjoyed this much of the story and hope the rewrite comes sooner or later.

But, like I said in my previous review, I feel you need something better for why Harry's trip in time meant that no one in Hogwarts did anything to make it less crap.

Why? Well, like I said, he already changed things, even before this episode with Arcturus - As Harry remembered a 'Jim Blake.' And, this is showing that he can't change what happened, implying there was a first time where he didn't loop that he has to match.

Personally? I'm think something like the Unspeakables explain to Harry when he first wakes up: 'Yes, magic doesn't like it when people travel in time beyond a few hours, and makes their life miserable during one or the other of the loop. Good news though! You already went through the crap, so this loop should be better.' This neatly wraps up why people are supposedly acting out of character in letting Harry's time at Hogwarts be crap (because magic, like fate, hates him), and it fits nicely with the temporal headache thingie - he managed to change how it happened before, and it's dangerous and painful. It also gives plenty of room for drama by having him to try and change things, and either hide the results, or focus on small things that build up to big results.

Also, if 'GoodReason!Dumbledore' includes him allowing Harry to be abused to set up him to die at the hands of Tom, and you really want Dumbles to be 'a good, competent man with a bad choice' you need to answer a few things. Like, if he knew about the Horcrux in Harry's head, then why doesn't he look for any in the 14 years before he gets cursed by the ring? Honestly, the ring and the sea side cave should have been among the first places to look, if only to get the obvious out of the way. Or why does he consistently allow the innocent unrelated to Harry/Horcrux to be injured by the wicked? I mean, Harry isn't the only person Snape is horrible to, and probably not the only time he makes the house cup a joke. And Snape's behavior can't be explained by 'he's a spy.' Because Snape has to be able to explain to the Death Eaters why Dumbles protects him from consequences of his behavior. And he seemingly doesn't do anything to limit the 'Imperioused' Death Eaters power. Dumbles probably has a whole bunch of clout, if nothing else, he can always say 'think of Harry Potter's sacrifice.' And if he lets them grow in power to make it easier for Tom to come back (to speed up the confrontation over the Horcrux), then why is the Order so ineffective, unprepared, and unable to actually combat tome after he comes back?

Sorry, that last paragraph got a bit into a rant about how people like to pretend canon Dumbledore was a good made who made hard decisions that were the best of a bad situation when so much of his actions look HORRIBLE, aren't explained, or even have a good excuse beyond the lame 'Harry has to die,' and then they don't explain them.
thedwo chapter 5 . 4/18
I'm liking this story so far, but I'm not sure about the 'they can't do anything because that's how Harry remembers it.' Hopefully there'll be more to it later.

But, as it stands in chapter five:

1) Harry's time travel has nothing to do with the Dursley's abuse.
2) A paradox is usually when you change something so it happens 'differently,' which implies there is a first time through where it happens in a certain way, which would mean 'why didn't they do anything the first time,' in which case they're still horrible people.

It COULD be that they literally CAN'T make changes - magic stops them. And the crap Harry goes through is because there isn't a chicken or the egg first, they happen at the same time - they do nothing because Harry didn't remember them doing something, at the same time Harry remembers them doing nothing because they didn't do anything, and magic makes something that makes no sense possible, and forces people to act out of character for no reason other then to make Harry have a crappy five years of self fulfilling horridness. Of course, there wouldn't be a need for the oath then. And it still wouldn't be HARRY'S fault, it would be MAGICS fault, as Harry didn't try and go back to change things.
desireejones99 chapter 9 . 4/14
hope that the re-write is moving along and there will be updates in the near future

Exceptional entertainment
Chantilly's Mom chapter 9 . 4/5
Love the story, glad you're going to rewrite.
overbooked chapter 9 . 4/4
Lots of good ideas here; I like your take on the characters and I'm looking forward to seeing how things will turn out when you rewrite the story. You've already established that Harry can make changes (painfully, even if it wasn't exactly his fault that Snape sent that message to Arcturus) and that he's feeling responsible for Cedric; it would be nice if he could change things enough to save him. Saving Sirius might be easier, since Harry has only a brief period of memories past Sirius' death-is it possible that it only looked like Sirius fell through the Veil? Maybe Harry can give Andromeda some hints as to how the situation could be manipulated so that Sirius could be discovered alive later. And by the way, having Tonks realize who this Untouchable is, and how, was genius.
Fyrloche chapter 9 . 3/26
Excellent work. I look forward to when you get back to this story. But I like your other work as well so updating either is fine. My therapist suggested the same as yours since I did write some once upon a time. I buried myself in work and reading instead. I know where you're coming from though. Looking down the barrel of a shotgun and wondering if you would feel it if you pulled the trigger wakes you up to things. That was years ago and I'm past such feelings but it was rough for a while. My kids helped get me through it. Go with God my friend. And as a fellow Tennessean, welcome home.
fanficfanatic88 chapter 9 . 3/23
Really, really, REALLY looking forward to the rewrite. As someone who was diagnosed with both classical and manic depression, depending on the day, and being regularly medicated for such, I know what it's like to have a string of shitty days and just want to quit everything. Quite frankly, you're a lot stronger than me, my friend. I don't think I could handle being a soldier, let alone seeing real action. But for that shit your ex-wife did too, the fact that you're still around, even if it was with help, says a lot about how tough you are. I'm gonna keep an eye on your channel. I really want to see what else you've got here. Be well man.
749 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »