Reviews for Self Sabotage
Random RE fan chapter 14 . 10/10/2014
Ok I know the last update was a long time ago...I sat down and read this in one day...I want more. I really do. Each of the voices I could hear in my head, the writing was well thought out.

Gonna make me throw a fit...

Either way, lovely story.
naoto-san chapter 14 . 9/19/2014
I just found this story. Because I'm late as fuck. Anyway just wanted to let you know that I've read through all the chapters, and I love this. It's great! Also I'm amazed to see that you continue this story even though you started it such a long time ago. Many people don't have that determination and talent. I say talent because even if they do continue their fic many times the quality is much worse. So great job! Hope to see more from you soon.
Wudelfin chapter 14 . 9/5/2014
pls tell me there's more! you cant leave us like this!
Amber chapter 14 . 9/2/2014
I’m so relieved to know you haven’t discontinued this story. You really can write! Love it. Just love love love it. Maybe next time I can write a more coherent comment when I’m done gushing over what you’ve written here. More power, Isla Bell! :)

Amber
AiMila chapter 14 . 8/25/2014
well...im turn between joining sherry on her angry fit or feeling happy that jake is going to such length to protect the woman he loves. i am so waiting for the next chapter! this is like a sequel to the last game and honestly it doenst look that far from the might the creators put in the original story. this story had me in suspense since the first chapter. and i want to read more of it
AiMila chapter 4 . 8/24/2014
if only he knew...the suspense is going to kill me but i cant stop reading just yet
Amber chapter 13 . 7/9/2014
The lastest update was almost a year ago. I’ll look forward to chapter 14, Isla Bell. :-) i need this in my life. :-)
Amber chapter 13 . 7/9/2014
Oh my g. Your work is great. Amazing. And I can’t believe it’s not yet finished. Please please please you gotta see this through. Don’t even care how long it takes, I have to see the end of it. I have to tell you, you’ve done an incredible job. I could really tell you worked hard for this. You have a gift. You should be proud of yourself. You can tell if a fanfiction is a good one if it looks like an official story. I read some of your notes, how you’ve tried re-writing a chapter over and over again. Now that’s dedication, man. Even if the chapters are several months apart, the readers can really tell you put a lot into this and as I’ve said you shouod be proud of yourself. I know that post was almost 2 years ago but I dearly hope you don’t end it here.
Emil Lime chapter 13 . 2/4/2014
Such a short chapter! It'd been so long, had to reread the last chapter!

Something tells me Maverick isn't dead. A grenade isn't enough to put that jerk down, especially with how he survived after Sherry's assault. I did love how Jake 'waved'. So very Jake. The chaos on board the ship can't be good-especially if we're talking about contamination. Hopefully Jake can find Sherry and get out of there soon, though I'm guessing it's not going to be that easy.

Be sure to update soon!
Emil Lime
SolarJam chapter 13 . 1/15/2014
What a thrill ride! I read it all in one go and was terribly disappointed when I realized I already hit the last chapter and there was no next button in sight :)

I am really enjoying the characterization in general and Jake is inconveniently but necessarily questioning his decisions morally and Sherry wants desperately not to be 'weak.'

There are games or movies where I find the damsel in distress annoying, but that's because they usually serve no other purpose or are faux action girls.

With Sherry I was initially bothered a bit with her needing rescue every chapter of the campaign, but then again: Captivity since a young age, all the shit she went through...she became an agent, but it may not have been her natural disposition to be one, rather her options were limited and she wanted to help. She is capable and brave while still vulnerable, despite her healing powers, which is actually a really good and realistic combination, but that doesn't mean she is weak. (with this I merely mean to say, I am looking forward to her character development for her own sake, not that I think what you wrote is wrong, on the contrary, I completely understand Sherry's own view on herself :) it is inevitable for her to feel that way, especially if she has to watch Jake suffer without being able to help him when he protected her so many times )

(I did have a question about the sound that knocked Jake out. I wasn't sure if both Sherry and Jake heard it equally, my guess was that it was in Jake's cell and Sherry could hear it because she was in the one next to it but it wasn't actually meant for her? Or was she not equally affected because of her powers? However later Jake remembers her being in the same state (bleeding from the mouth (and I thought ears not sure) so this subdue trick was used on her as well at a different time I am concluding. Not sure if that's right but this is what I got out of it as a guessing reader )

Clearing up Leon's fate (half of it anyway) was a relief but the twinge of agony over his unknown state were actually also really good while reading.

I love how Hunnigan is ever the strong pillar of support. She is also a character *I* rely on as a reader, and that is a very awesome realization.

The descriptive qualities are good and sufficient enough for my imagination to do the trick. Maverick slithering down the halls being just a bit too big for them was a perfectly disturbing image.
I wouldn't mind some occasional extra description here and there, but that's personal preference. When characters are visually well known to the audience, authors sometimes stop describing them and while you do not forget about it, I wouldn't mind a hint more of the occasional (visual) feedback on them because it acknowledges things the reader knows and likes about them.

I also loved Sherry's thought on Maverick's blood dried under her nails. so gritty and a really great detail. We are still talking horrors here and you remind us well of it.

Thank you for writing and putting in all the hours and effort! :) it is much appreciated and I'll wait patiently for the next chapter to arrive :) I hope you are having fun with it!
Sasyoura chapter 13 . 12/28/2013
noooo why did i have to come at the end of chappy 13 when theres gonna be such a cruel cliffy and no chappy 14 TT_TT
'm in coma till the next chapter but gotta let you know that this fic is awesome!
fyrefox13 chapter 13 . 12/16/2013
This is fantastic! You've had me at the edge of my seat the entire time! Can't wait for the next chapter!
JesStarr chapter 13 . 11/6/2013
Absolutely amazing story so far, it's had me completely captivated and I just couldnt stop reading :D. I'm loving every bit of this story, especially the part with them wanting to resurrect Wesker - freaking genuis! Part of me hopes they'll succeed so him and Jake can meet/battle, but bad guys plots always fail lol. I cant wait for Jake to reunite with Sherry, and I'm curious to see what happened to Leon and the girl Jake saved. Also wanting to see what happens with Laura and if she backstabs Sherry or not. I look forward to the next update! Keep up the fantastic work! :D
FashionFable chapter 13 . 11/2/2013
Well that was an awesome ride. Can't wait for more :)
FashionFable chapter 4 . 11/1/2013
Two words "Fucking Parts" I love those fucking parts :)