Reviews for The Magician's Cousins
Rose and Psyche chapter 1 . 4/13
I think this concept is interesting. There does seem to be a need for an 'Old Narnian' language, ("Rhindon" anyone?) and I always rather felt that the language they spoke in Narnia (though C. S. Lewis didn't mention it) must have been different.

Initially, I balked at the idea of 'Magicians' in our world or Narnia (wieldable magic doesn't seem to be a 'thing' there, unless you're a star), but of course they must have existed because of Uncle Andrew.

Just at the moment, I haven't time to read the other two chapters, but hopefully I will be able to later.

-Psyche
Lailariel chapter 3 . 2/20
Any hope we'll get the next chapter for this anytime soon?
couriosity chapter 3 . 8/14/2014
Liked
Fierce Queen chapter 3 . 11/30/2013
Again, so sorry for the delay in reading and reviewing!

I am so very interested to see how Edmund and Eustace are going to wake Oreius from his stupor! (by the way, I flailed when I read about Ed's plan-don't remember if it was mentioned in the prior chapter, but I got excited!) Jill and Eustace are so cute-I adore Ed's teasing! Are you going to do a one-shot about what happened to Jill, Lucy, and Peter? Eustace's magic abilities are cool, though it stinks his restrictions are putting kinks into his and Ed's plans. Should I be concerned about what you said at the end of this chapter? I feel like I should be concerned!

Amazing job, Tonzura! I eagerly await more!

Blessings!
Fierce
Tauriel chapter 3 . 11/13/2013
Awwwwwww, c'mon! Pleeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeee finish!
Your stories are SPECTACULAR!
Nyla Evergale chapter 3 . 11/4/2013
Can't wait till the next chapter. Please update soon.
lover of romance chapter 3 . 9/18/2013
Wonderful. Pure. Greatness. PLEASE update soon! It's been to long. LOVE the bits of romance! ;)
quarterhorseranch chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Was rereading this, as well, and re-noticed something...

"This was something that happened as he was browsing through the Cair's library one day, and Edmund and Peter had fallen to jibing one another in that very dead language, much to Lucy and Eustace's amusement."

The verb tenses are a little confusing in that sentence; when I had first read it I remember having been confused as to whether Peter and Edmund were teasing each other right then or in Narnia. I think if you put "had happened" in the first part, and then "and now Edmund and Peter" in the second part, it would be fine then.
rainpaint chapter 3 . 9/3/2013
Ahhhh. Eustace's conversation with Jill (the flipping stomach, "I want to protect you") and his allergies (well, more like your description of his allergies. Sneezing his brains onto the foliage. Heehee) were my favorite parts. And whoa, that ending. So Eustace "killed" the Wardrobe as a Door to Narnia, huh?
trustingHim17 chapter 3 . 8/22/2013
update soon please!
lifechiaroscuro chapter 3 . 8/17/2013
Well. That IS odd.

Eustace's magic is pretty cool, though.

Great new chapter!

Caity :)
Heliopause chapter 3 . 8/16/2013
I like Eustace being his intractable, idiosyncratic self, in everything, including magic and relating to the the horses and the scent of magic in the air - and even the Wardrobe. :D I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Victoria Alatamir Wan chapter 3 . 8/15/2013
Did Eustace accidentally...disenchant the wardrobe? Interesting developments. Looking forward to more!

V.
Rayven49 chapter 3 . 8/15/2013
Ugh I just LOVE your writing, I really do. Your characterizations are so original and your prose is so elegant. The voice is very much your own. I love that Eustace's magic only works on man-made things, I think that makes so much sense with his personality. And I love that he's the reason the Wardrobe stopped working. Brilliant-and sad.
Also sad was the reveal of where Edmund goes. That just about broke my heart. I never thought he'd torture himself like that, but I suppose living with the option RIGHT THERE would be painful for anyone.
The Kelpie scene was ridiculously adorable and I liked the humor. And the way Eustace later says that, were Oreius and Jill switched, he'd tear the world apart for her, I just died. So so so wonderful. The bite of jealousy will be humorous to play out later, I'm sure.
Can't imagine how you're going to fit your entire ending into one chapter, but I'm looking forward to finding out!
Awesome job!
Yours,
Rayven
Autumnia chapter 3 . 8/14/2013
Looks like the lessons aren't completely futile. Eustace can do *some* magic, just not the type that Edmund and the others hoped for. (Hmm. I wonder why the animals dislike Eustace so much; perhaps it really is the magic.) I think they'll figure something out by the next chapter. And Lucy and Jill fighting Kelpies sounds like such an adventure too, though they bore the brunt of it while Peter (to his dismay) escaped with nothing more than a cold. Can't wait to see what they'll all be doing next.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »