Reviews for for the life we lead
Soul Jelly chapter 2 . 10/23/2013
This is marvellous, and as you well know your JxA always makes me happy. I love how the countries tie this together, and how it's separate from the first chapter but lets the reader associate it with that collection of drabbles the way they want to. Your description of language is lovely (German as sharp pauses and consonants that don't quite fit together, French as drunken vowels - perfect!) and there's such a nice fluidity and attention to detail that brings each short scene alive.

I've missed your writing so it was awesome to finally catch up with this!
Muffins chapter 2 . 8/19/2013
Wow... Just... ...wow...

I'm completely speechless. I'm seriously only reviewing to notify you that one more person appreciates your work. This chapter was... depressing? Amazing? Just... Wow...
Soul Jelly chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
I don't think I ever told you how much I love this. There is something so fascinating about Aelita and Jérémie's relationship a few years' on, and I love how it skips between those years and the younger, more naive Aelita and then leaps forward to way into the future (which is JUST HEARTBREAKING BTW). All beautifully written and I know you don't care for this pairing but I really think you've done them justice here.
SeeMeInTheShadows chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
I thought that all of these snapshots were really nice, the last one made me laugh, tbh. I like how you subtly included Sissi into their group and how you had a wide range- from happy to sad. Jeremie was also super in-character, even though he doesn't passively show up that much- however he is remarkably present even while not being present and that's awesome!
watfics chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Short, simple and sweet, and yet you've managed to effectively convey a whole spectrum of emotions in just a couple of sentences. I know you said they weren't in chrono. order, but to me, each prompt seemed to progress seamlessly on to the next - I liked that you ended by going back to a more positive note. I laughed the most at the first two; but I thought 'Funeral' was especially well-written and the most touching out of all five. Good job!
Traveler7 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Nice little collection of short stories. Ejoyed the happir ones lik tease more than the sadder.