Reviews for Taking the Long View
Rainbow Prime chapter 1 . 12/4
That's using your true cunning, Palpatine! Good job!
Wicked!
Ogrebear chapter 1 . 10/8/2016
Superb!

Really nice look at what could have been!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/28/2016
The best way to rule is to be the power behind the throne.
Only make the important decisions and let the rest be figured out by that figurehead.
Thanks for writing this.
Anaelyssa chapter 1 . 9/11/2016
Stoner Palpatine. Epic.
RG chapter 1 . 8/20/2016
That is what I'm talking about.
This is exactly the kind of rationale that my dad also gives me when we talk about the futility of taking over the world/galaxy/universe.
I mean, seriously - why can't megalomaniacs see that?
OriksGaming chapter 1 . 7/27/2016
How did Han end up Prince of Alderaan? That's what I really want to know. If Luke and Leia never existed, as you seem to be implying, was Han adopted by the Organas in Leia's stead?
UnspeakableHorror chapter 1 . 4/9/2016
This story is both beautiful and hilarious. I'm a bit sad about Plagueis, as he's a favorite of mine, but Palpatine still kills him in the canon, anyway, so ultimately he just chose a different and earlier means to the same outcome. I can totally imagine teenage Palpatine deciding that building a galaxy-wide empire wasn't going to be worth it if he could see what he'd be dealing with. Your Palpatine still seems like pretty much the same character (loves his speeders, scoffs at obeying the law, still all for the vehicular homicide). He's just less motivated, which is obviously a good thing for the galaxy in his case, haha.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 1 . 4/4/2016
Brilliant! Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
It's similar to humorous "Darth Vader as Sith adopts moniker Putin, takes part in taking down Emperor and Empire, and establishes the most pathetic-peaceful dynasty of Sith to be; Vader retires to peace and goes to Kenobi in sand and peace"
ksecc1 chapter 1 . 2/8/2016
This is so hilarious. A good antithesis to the toxic personality of canon Palpitine.
IveGotNoIdea chapter 1 . 12/30/2015
That's how a proper Sith Lord work. He was even smart enough to check in the dictionary what 'passion' means and follow it rather than go with 'let's take over the galaxy because reasons' plots.
Kittenmommy chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
This fic is unparalleled brilliance!
Erik chapter 1 . 12/18/2015
Just saw SW:TFA and this was much more fun.
Pom Rania chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
Heh. I love this. NEW HEADCANON.
Feanariel chapter 1 . 8/14/2015
This is amazing. I love this alternative version of Palpatine :)
I'm just curious what happened to Anakin in this AU? And how did Han get adopted by the Organas?