Reviews for Avengers of the Ring
MozenrathLuvr chapter 46 . 6/30
Middle-Earth needs help once more.
Robert C. Lewis chapter 1 . 6/1
Great!
but please read the books. multiple times here i can tell that you haven't read the books, which are exponentially better than the movies.
Mainalpha chapter 5 . 4/2
Just remembered that Thorin Oakinshield was portrayed by the same actor that played the traitor that Steve was talking about to Boromir, I wonder if Wanda had seen some pictures of that traitor and might suddenly remember it in your Avengers/Hobbit crossover?
Krulla Chief chapter 42 . 3/19
Thinking of Kamul the Easterling made me think of the LoTR Fantasy Tabletop game as done by Games Workshop and their fantastic take on the Nazgul and how they fleshed them out by making each one a named character with certain abilities, while still having an option to take them as just "un named" Nazgul. On the off chance you haven't seen the rules/fluff on them or their models, I'd recommend looking at them, they are fantastic.
Nari Serpens chapter 38 . 3/19
Re-reading your story to my brother has been a pleasure for the most part, all i will say is that the grammatical errors in your story are abundant.

On a completely different note: Sauron's plans for the Hulk could never have worked... If only because eventually the Hulk would have reached Earth-breaker Level, something he achieved twice in the comics, no power of Sauron's could have stopped such unlimited strength.
Darkraiprincess chapter 8 . 2/9
"AARRGGGHHH!"

A menacing angry roar from the back of the Chamber promptly ceased all combat within.

Oh yeah this is gonna be good!
Multifandomgirl2 chapter 12 . 1/20
I love this story. Thank you!
Guest chapter 9 . 12/16/2016
Well, I really wanted to like this, but after many chapters, I'm done. ZERO creativity. If you know the movies, don't bother. Hulk, Thor, and Cap affect NOTHING! So ridiculous. It's just a rewrite of the movies. Horrible waste of time. Please be creative rather than simply copy someone else's work. Hulk alone would have changed the course of MANY things. Don't bother crossing over if new characters don't affect the original story...
Jack Redhawke chapter 46 . 12/16/2016
BRVO! BRAVO!
TheFangirl chapter 1 . 12/3/2016
Hi there. Just a few things concerning this piece:

1. By making Steve essentially unstoppable you have reduced one of the best characters within Marvel Canon into Canon Stu. Against any obstacle, Steve should face fears, doubts, and yes, some weariness, especially if he is up against creatures that are neither/both science and magic. He does indeed get tired, he just regenerates/gets healed faster. As an additional note here: Boromir and Steve becoming friends is unlikely, or would be harder won because, while Steve would respect Boromir's devotion and patriotism, he would have beaten the snot out of Boromir for what he did to Frodo, mostly to get him back to his senses.

2. Thor's powers shouldn't have gotten a downgrade because he's essentially the Marvel Universe's version of the Valanar/Valar, aka the GODS OF MIDDLE EARTH. He should be Mahal, the MAKER OF THE DWARVES. Or so akin to him that Gimli, of the lot, should be making the connection.

3. NO. MAN. CAN. KILL. THE. WITCH KING! That was the ONE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE NOVELS. Tolkien made it a point to have BOTH Merry and Eowyn kill him (With Merry stabbing the Nazgul in the back, and Eowyn getting his heart) because the Prophecy stated such. Eowyn isn't a man, Merry isn't a human, and the two worked together, so no SINGLE PERSON did it. It was symbolic of how one of the greatest fears and threats of Middle Earth was conquered by two different races working together- the most unlikely of them.

Do your proper research. You should have cracked open the actual novels and not just the damn movies for your info. Or at best, a Tolkien Lexicon. Congrats. You've missed all the points of LOTR for the sake of an Avenger's hard-on. Good job.
Guest chapter 46 . 11/8/2016
nice
ulfark chapter 9 . 10/14/2016
And i've lost interest. Reducing the power of the avengers made sense to prevent overpoweredness but if you're going to stick to the original storyline so closely then what was the point of adding the avengers in the first place. I wanted to read this to see the hulk smash that balrog in its face or let loose on Mordor. I already pictured him smashing a mumakill only for it to fly into another one killing them both.

if you needed characters that didn't break the world then hawkeye, black widow and captain america would have been a much better choice. They'd lose their special gear pretty fast but their base skills will be enough to make them strong enough to go toe to toe with a troll if necessary without being army killers.
Tanathar chapter 46 . 9/12/2016
Truly a magnificent story; a wonderful journey through one of my favourite settings, with three of my favourite Avengers. You captivated me, made me laugh, and moved me. And you saw it through to the end! Thank you! I look forward to reading more of your work.

Ps. I too enjoyed the story that you said originally inspired this. You eclipsed it.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/24/2016
I love this story. It's really well written.
Minerakf chapter 46 . 7/30/2016
Wow... Just wow... You are an amazing author. Tolkien himself would be proud! Thank you so much for taking the time to describe battles. You are practically the only one who bothers to do that! You have definitely made my #1 favorite spot. And that, my friend, is the greatest accomplishment a story on fanfiction can EVER get because I am VERY harsh when judging stories! So, in other words, you are the the best Lord of the Rings crossover writer out there, and believe me, I've read a LOT of fanfictions. Thanks again!
You are too cool! Cannot wait to begin the next story!
1,046 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »