Reviews for I do solemnly swear
Ruby of Raven chapter 4 . 10/18
Aw! XD The fluffy brotherly bonding is astounding to me. I loved it!
NorthernMage chapter 4 . 4/20
...okay. Really not used to Odin actually being somewhat intelligent about dealing with Loki.

Though, he was a terrible parent to him...

Now I don't know what to think about Odin in this story. Really don't.

I actually did enjoy reading it, though. Made me really wonder about the characters.
karen1025 chapter 4 . 10/31/2014
Beautiful story. A shame there is no more.
Me chapter 4 . 10/6/2014
please, please continue!
Idea: Cliche goes to live with Avengers. yes, cliche, but it's coll to see a thousand different ideas/perspectives on one basic plot. Either way, i think Tony and him would be like, BFFS, and he needs to sort out some shit with Barton. Either way, at so me point, we all know a prank war's gonna break out, no matter how watched/dangerous/scared/annoyed Loki is. It's inevitable. Anyway, maybe Fury's all "Oh, HEEELLLL NOOO!" Tony's like "Meh. Maybe we'll learn something." Bruce will be all, "Oh. Um. Okay." Natasha: "Nope!" Clint: either "He was controlled? Oh. Well, then. Yeeaah, he can stay." or "Caw, Caw, motherfuckas! HE's gonna get pranked SO BAD!" or "OH, NO. OH, HELL NO." Thor: "YAAAAAAAAAAAYILOVEYOUBROTHERUNICORNSANDRAINBOWS!" Loki: "...I hate you all."
Me chapter 4 . 9/27/2014
hey, hey, hey, SEQUEL.
CLINT: So... it was mind control, then?
TONY: Well, Fuck.
BRUCE: Oh. Okay... want some coffee?
STEVE: ...Hi.
NATASHA: ...If you put one toe out of line, i will shoot you.
TONY: Don't take it personally, that applies to everyone. especially me.
thephoenixandthedragon4ever chapter 4 . 6/2/2014
Please write a sequel i f what happens next.
Alibi Nonsense chapter 4 . 4/11/2014
It makes a lot of sense, actually.
Kimberly T chapter 4 . 1/19/2014
Wow. This was one heckuva read! And you make a very compelling case for Loki to have been mind-controlled in much the same fashion that Clint Barton and Erik Selvig were, for the entire course of the Avengers movie (up until being ragdoll'd by Hulk, that is.)
IAlwaysKeepShipping chapter 4 . 12/9/2013
I really liked that you didn't use Loki's eyes as excuse of mind control( I don't know what the hell was going on with them either), it was nice change. And yes this seems really good spot for the sequel...
GlOmP3R chapter 4 . 10/12/2013
Awh, loved it(: kickass job !
weyrleader69 chapter 2 . 6/6/2013
Great story but one small nit-pick - it was 'cognitive recalibration' not 'cranial recalibration'! I know - I'm a nerd!
Maia2 chapter 4 . 5/21/2013
Ooh this is a lovely fic. Odin is a sneaky sob huh? Well written, nicely paced, very touching. The moment when Thor realizes, when he asks (states?) Loki did not think anyone would believe him... it broke my heart. Beautifully sad.
The whole concept of truth/yes/no of the thing was pretty cool. Dunno if it's frm mythology or the comics or yours. But it's cool and I enjoyed it.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/28/2013
Perfect story! But seems like its waiting 4 more, yeah. They should go to earth! Its perfect! If u can...more chapters! Its a brilliant idea that shouldant end here! :) ?
anastacianott chapter 4 . 3/17/2013
Amazingly wonderful work:)
ninepen chapter 4 . 2/17/2013
Loki's refusal to answer is good, makes total sense. It's a small thing, but when everything's been controlled down to his ability to choose whether to answer and how to answer, to answer not at all is as good a rebellion and assertion of independence as any.

I don't mind graphic-ish (there are limits!) torture stuff, but I want to applaud you for creating the creeps without doing anything graphic at all: "Loki would never forget the feeling of crawling worms in his head as the insidious magics crept under his skin, would never forget the helpless horror he felt the first time his body stood and walked across his cell without his commanding it." This is quite simple but somehow just done so well, you imagine something so awful with the "worms" bit and then the very very simple fact of taking a few steps...but knowing the decision to take those steps was made by someone else...and if they can control would indeed be utterly horrific to experience that, and I feel fairly horrified reading it.

There are a million ways you could go after this, but if that's not your goal, I think this works fine as an ending. You haven't solved all their problems, that's not going to happen overnight, but you've shown they're *solveable*. -Ish. That also is an ending. (And frankly probably the more artistic ending if not the most satisfying one for all readers, brought up as we are on fairy tale happy endings.) I like the detail that Loki didn't meet his eyes. This isn't a "Loki gets a hug and all is well" story. He both loves Thor and hates Thor...but the love is there, and hope is there as well, that things can get better. Well done. ;-)
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »