Reviews for Behind Closed Doors
KatieBrit chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Oh man, I'm not even a big fan of R/R, but this hit me deep because I know that feel. There was a 21 year age gap between my parents. When they married, he was 47 and she was 26. When they had my sister he was 49 and she was 28. When they had me, she was 30 and he was 51.
So yeah, my family went through this kind of thing. I've heard stories about it though I wouldn't remember myself as my mum passed away from cancer when I was 4.
My parents decided - like Raven and Rita - that the outside world doesn't really matter when you love someone. I'm very glad they did.
GryphonFledglingOfSilverWings chapter 1 . 12/9/2012

oh.

Just...

Oh.

This was beautiful. It was so painful and raw and just stunningly gorgeous for it. Just...

Oh.

It's always interesting to see the age difference between Rita and Raven discussed in negative terms. I see so many fics by R/R fans who just have everyone completely accept the age difference, or maybe voice some small concern, but it's swept under the rug. It's like it's forgotten that even among the Vesperia fan community, there are people who find R/R to be icky.

But this. Oh, this. It's like you were trying to make up for every single R/R acceptance fic out there. Ever. In this one story.

Also, can I just say that I love old!Raven. Yes, we hear him complaining about being old, but no one believes him. Seeing him actually struggle with things, like having his key labelled in big letters, or getting cramps from carrying something for a long time, just... unf. So many feels. It's just so very human and delicate. The comparison to Rita, even older!Rita, with all of her teenage angst, is just heartbreaking, with him being so old and sad and her being so angry and young.

Beautiful. Just... beautiful.