Reviews for winter queens don't dream of summer
Guest chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
Lovely.
fitz's aria chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
so goooddd! :)
Hello chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Amazing! This is perfection please continue.
blueberry24 chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
This was good
Laynabuggie chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I thought this was really beautiful, actually. Very dynamic and a lot like I would imagine a real Spencer/Jason relationship to be: twisted, complicated. Haha I'm glad someone else actually like the idea of them together!
toomuchchampagne chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
Loved it, beautiful.
iPodge chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
This is so cute :) loved it
Emme019 chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
I have to disagree on your author's note: it didn't suck at all, on the contrary, I loved it! I really did. Great job!
A fan chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
This is so beautiful 3
squeakyswings chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
No it was good and sad but very good because Jason. Also the way you wrote the girls' friendship is perfect - because they are amazingly close and you portrayed that beautifully - and also also also Toby feelings of the right sort, where you sort of want to like him a little and then whoops you really don't and so shipping Spencer with Jason is totally natural.
allisonarrgent chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
crIES AND SCREAMS FOR AN HOUR WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING I AM SEVEN THOUSAND PERCENT DONE WITH YOU OH MY GOD SEND HELP. No but seriously I'm trying my best to stay partially coherent for this review because Spencer and Jason children my cHILDREN I CANNOT BREATHE WOW and you and your writing, every time I read your work I fall in love with you all over again and it hurts and I'm basically in pain in right because why are you so perfect? Everything about this fic was beyond gorgeous - the title (YOU COULD BE THE KING BUT WATCH THE QUEEN CONQUER), the prose, and of course the characters (except for Toby, wow I'm a terrible person) because they were all so in-character that I wanted to sob and never have feelings again.

I spent this entire past week wondering from time to time how you were going to pull off Spencer/Toby and this is cleARLY THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE because Spencer and Spencer's hidden feelings for Jason and seeing Jason when she should have seen Toby which led to doubts about Toby and then finding out about Toby being on the -A team (how convenient that Aria was the one to tell her, I'm in love with you and that addition) and Jason, always Jason around in the background because he'll never leave her and he's there for her whenever she needs him and HE'S THE ONE WHO FIGURES OUT SHE'S NOT OKAY EVEN WHEN SHE SAYS SHE IS OKAY and he calms her down so easily and he tries to get her to stop loving Toby because he's not right for her anymore and they're siblings except feelings?! Nope nope nope I'm not okay at all, someone save me from myself this is the BEST SHIP OF ALL TIME AND I LITERALLY HAVE NO REGRETS.

Every line was my favorite line and I just want to quote this fic everywhere and be like "Hahahahaha that's my OTP it's better than yours and it's canon bitches" but unfortunately I can't do that for various reasons. Anyways, these were my favorite lines in particular and by favorite I mean they actually made me scream out loud which I realize is a sign that I'm obviously not alright but oh well I know you know that feel too:

"Toby is good, Toby is kind, Toby loves her and he will always love her and he is the only choice." - THIS THIS THIS because I get that vibe as well, that Spencer is with Toby because it's the safe and rational choice and there were never any other concrete options (Slamming my head against a wall because WREN WHY THERE WAS WREN FROM DAY ONE but that's another story entirely).

"By the third anniversary of Ali's death, Spencer feels a hundred years old." - Why are you such a good writer please teach me gently how to breathe

"Aria runs for help and three guesses who the nearest person is—in one, congratulations." - JESUS CHRIST I AM FINISHED I AM DEAD

"'Never say it, Spencer,' he orders in a whisper, head craning back to see who's standing nearby, 'Don't say it, please.'" - Why don't you just thrust a dagger through my heart I mean that would be much easier than this prolonged torture I swEAR TO GOD

"('Wow,' Aria whispers to her later that afternoon, when they're in bed watching 27 Dresses, Hanna's sort of film, 'I wish I had a brother like that.'" - I don't have words? Just pain? NO THANK YOU I AM ACTUALLY THIS CLOSE TO JUMPING OFF A CLIFF LIKE THIS IS RIDICULOUS

"'I'm your brother, Spencer,' he replies, after a long enough silence that Spencer has begun to contemplate jumping out of the window." - LITERAL SAME GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD

"'Good,' he says as he switches the car on, wrapping an arm around the back of her seat to reverse, 'Because I'm not.'" - BABY NO

AND THEN THEY GO TO PARIS I AM CHOKING AHHHH this was so brilliant I don't even know how to describe it to you and OVERALL I'D JUST LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT I WANT TO SLAP YOU BUT ALSO HUG YOU AND JUST? PLEASE NEVER STOP WRITING. I know I'm going to be reading this for several weeks because it was so beautiful and I absolutely can't wait to read more Spencer/Jason from you because this trumps mine by so much it's not even funny. Love you! x
Emindi chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
This is simply amazing, and I can't really say why I love it, but I really do. Brilliantly written!