Reviews for A Cure for Boredom
dhorvat chapter 6 . 7/20
Excellent story please continue
shloop chapter 6 . 4/16
zero's kind of a prick with a god complex, isn't he? I would have been fun to see him get taken down a few pegs and make friends, but it looks like you ended this a few years ago :( . Sorry for arriving late, but happy to have read this all the same! Good luck in future ventures!
Bor-ed chapter 6 . 11/27/2014
Is your frigging doctorate over yet? Will you ever get back to this? Or will you continue to write that other drivel?
I miss you chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
This was a fabulous story. Is your doctorate in psychology. I only ask this because you make it all sound so realistic!
acrimony1029341 chapter 6 . 8/28/2014
A brilliant story, please update soon!
RedSnow101 chapter 6 . 8/7/2014
Awesome story! I remember I read this last year so had to read it again. Have you abandoned this story?
Anonymous1684 chapter 6 . 5/24/2014
Please continue this story as it is one of the best stories I've read so finish it or we, your fans, shall lynch your body, descecrate your grave, and curse your soul to the world of Barbie. You've been warned.
Underpants chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
I have now considered hanging myself by my underpants since you abandoned this story.
Patient131071 chapter 6 . 4/25/2014
Excellent story, expanding well on the events of the game and the interactions between characters in a manner that is highly believable given their situation. And, most importantly, probably the best characterisation of Zer0 I've been able to find. I like where he's started and I like the sudden twist you've thrown in now that he has a more personal stake in cooperation with the other Hunters, which should result in more interesting scenarios - and given how you've started with him I think I can have faith that you won't suddenly have him acting in a way that isn't believable.
All that said, it's been over a year since your last update whilst your profile is still active, and I can understand the notion of getting distracted with other projects more appealing to the muse, so all I can say is that I really, really hope you pick this up again. Over a hundred reviews, and only six chapters, should tell you you've started something great here that it would be a shame to leave unfinished...
pandainpanties chapter 6 . 3/12/2014
I absolutely love this chapter! Even more for the story itself. Are you going to continue it? Please do! If so, then I love you. *intense stalker stare*
MyNipples chapter 6 . 2/12/2014
Port in the Storm chapter 2 . 1/6/2014
The scene of Zero with the inn lady was so creepy and uncomfortable that I could not finish it. Not sure if that was your goal, but kudos anyways.
Port in the Storm chapter 6 . 1/5/2014
I'd like to start this review off with this story's (considerable) positives. It is well-written. You have world building, characterization, and a plot all contained into one cohesive narrative that adds to the game, not detracts from it.

In particular, I liked how you managed the dynamics of a group of questionably sane, highly independent, and dangerous mercenaries. There is no way they would start out trusting each other, regardless of the extenuating circumstances. So, no, Maya and Zero and Salvador and Axton are not tramping off to have happy fun times, but are instead simply sticking together out of it being the best chance at survival. Each character has their own reasons for staying with the group, and each feels like a well-rounded, developed individual. As a result, I would say characterization is the strongest part of this story.

Zero in particular is expanded far beyond his canon characterization. I always thought his canon reason for going to Pandora (challenge!) was a bit weak, and you strengthened it here with the use of an assassination contract, justified with canon. Furthermore, he acts how I would expect someone who kills people mercilessly and casually for a living to act. His characterization is not for people expecting heroized or softened versions of the character.

And therein lies the problem that I have with this story; it goes to the opposite extreme. I like your characterization of Zero. It's accurate based on canon. It is well reasoned out. But, he seems to have almost no redeeming characteristics whatsoever. In this latest chapter, I liked the hints of vulnerability you put in at the end, but in the earlier chapters, he expresses pride and arrogance almost to the extreme, general unwillingness to work with the others, and a serious lack of moral inhibitions. Again, I can understand your portrayal of Zero. I like it. It makes sense. But honestly, I am beginning to see him as more of the villain of the story rather than the hero, and he does not have enough charisma to have me rooting for him either way.

Of course, I have no idea where you are going to take this story. Zero may be the villain of this piece. I've got no clue. However, if he is to be the hero, I believe some serious character development needs to take place. Not just pride and arrogance, but also respect for the abilities of the other mercenaries. He can have a lack of morals as befitting one who kills for a living, but there has to be some type of moral restriction he refuses to cross. The things you have in place right now work, but you have to temper them with redeeming characteristics.

I hope you will complete this story one day. It shows a ton of promise, and the plot is already heading in several interesting directions. Given that Zero already seems to be undergoing a little character development, I can't wait to see where it will go in the future.

UPDATE chapter 6 . 12/15/2013
RedBlue101 chapter 6 . 11/8/2013
Awesome story! Love the pacing and that your not rushing. Hope you update soon.