Reviews for Proud Trophies Won in Foreign Fight
he he poncy.
PTJ chapter 20 . 7/12
This is the most original story I've seen so far when it comes what happened to Buffy when she jumped. I liked the idea, the characterization (spot on) and the dialogue (very well written). In short: an excellent story and an unpleasantly vivid picture of WWI. There is the question "Why?" this happened. Would she have lived out Anne's life if she hadn't been called back, and what happened with Anne herself?
Really enjoyed reading this story. Time travel that actually made quite a bit of sense. Clever way of making Spike forget (re Superman II)?

Just to prove that Brits don't always want to be wordy - William Foster & Company, Lincoln, England, made agricultural machinery pre & post WWI. They built the code-named "Water-carrier for Mesopotania" which the workers shortened to "Water Tank" then "Tank". Don't really expect Buffy to know all that, but thought some of your readers might be interested.

Thanks for a great story. £££
Avalonemyst chapter 20 . 4/19
Loved this!
Akane Ami chapter 20 . 7/28/2014
That was a lovely story! Thank you and good luck!
The Traveling Aria chapter 20 . 4/14/2014
This was a truly amazing story! You captured each character extremely accurately and gave the story a lot of depth. I love how you made the characters grow and how you didn't make Spike suddenly totally good, or Buffy suddenly not care about what Spike has done. A lot of authors have made Buffy and Spike's relationship a little unbelievable in terms of simply glossing over what Spike has done in the past and/or Buffy's reaction to it. I love your ending and this story left me wanting more, which is what every story should do. Thank you for writing this.
cigarettemetaphor chapter 20 . 2/5/2014
The ending was freaking adorable and the buffy anne nickname is the cutest thing ever my god
Cheire chapter 5 . 9/18/2013
you dont know how I love you story!
raregirlrox chapter 20 . 7/25/2013
This story was like a breath of fresh air for me, due to the fact that I seem to have been coming across an awful lot of Spuffy fanfics lately wherein Spike is treated as though he's never actually done anything thaaaat bad, and his entire evil past is pretty much either ignored, glossed over or somehow justified. Not that forgiveness-centred stories don't have their place - heaps of them I love. I just think it's good to also sometimes come across a fic where Spike's heinous deeds are addressed accurately, which I think you definitely succeeded at doing so in this story. :) Plus, I think it kind of adds strength to just how powerful the whole seeking-redemption-for-love story arc is, if you realise how depraved Spike really was before Sunnydale. So yeah. That was cool. Also, great writing style and I love it when people actually research historical settings and provide cool trivia/word origins with it. Yay :)
I don't know if you tend to reply to these or not, but I'll ask anyway; what do you think would have happened with Spike and Drusilla's relationship, had "Anne" not turned back into Buffy and been spirited away after defeating the demon?
Nonnikie chapter 20 . 2/21/2013
Excellent story! It has all the things i liked about your "A Gem of a soule" without ever losing its thrill. This story remained a page-turner all the way to the end. It is tight and consistent and has some really good original characters, a good plot and very nice twists and surprises. The sexual tension between Spike and Buffy Anne was palpable and I think even more so because you decided not to let them get more intimate than a couple of kisses. Also the kisses made more of an impact that way. You do write brilliant smut - but this story was better without it. I also prefer this ambiguos (but still sweet) ending over a more fluffy one. Longing always makes for amazing shivers. ;)
Sxyblondgrl95 chapter 20 . 2/9/2013
Love this story but i am left wanting much more kudos
haleycc chapter 20 . 2/5/2013
I thought this chapter, while short, made for a really nice conclusion. I, for one, didn't mind the ambiguous ending at all-I think it would have been too much to have Buffy and Spike throw themselves into each others arms and live happily ever after (but, it isn't too difficult to imagine that, after all of this, they might get to that point sooner rather than later). I thought this was a perfect ending, and a really fun story to read. I think your premise was clever and creative, and I haven't read anything like it before, which made it all the more intriguing. Overall, just a great job!

Thanks so much for sharing!
Rihannon chapter 20 . 2/3/2013
I enjoyed this story very much. Guess you already know, but I wanted to say it anyway. :D
I'll be looking forward to your next story.
Guest chapter 20 . 2/3/2013
Wonderful story! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading it! Truly sorry to see it come to an end!

But, a lovely ending. Yes, tomorrow; I hope we get to read about their "tomorrow" when you get the chance.

Again, thank you for delightful and absorbing tale.
Beige Flicka chapter 20 . 2/2/2013
Such a lovely ending for a wonderful story! :)