Reviews for Proud Trophies Won in Foreign Fight
Stunning Sunset chapter 20 . 1/27
Very enjoyable and original!
garglyswoof chapter 20 . 10/28/2015
Typically when reading fanfic there are moments where you get pulled out of the story by an off piece of dialogue; but everything here is dead on, and language is even used multiple times as a device to drive the plot and character interactions (OMG EDITH FOREVER! and Spike translating quips!) It's just...so freaking well done. There are too many things I love about this story to list, so just know it's one I come back to again and again. Thank you!
Guest chapter 20 . 9/11/2015
I really enjoy this thank you for your work
-Spec!al
OptimusPrimegirl213 chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
Keep up the wonderful work
Guest chapter 5 . 7/22/2015
he he poncy.
PTJ chapter 20 . 7/12/2015
This is the most original story I've seen so far when it comes what happened to Buffy when she jumped. I liked the idea, the characterization (spot on) and the dialogue (very well written). In short: an excellent story and an unpleasantly vivid picture of WWI. There is the question "Why?" this happened. Would she have lived out Anne's life if she hadn't been called back, and what happened with Anne herself?
Guest chapter 20 . 4/28/2015
Really enjoyed reading this story. Time travel that actually made quite a bit of sense. Clever way of making Spike forget (re Superman II)?

Just to prove that Brits don't always want to be wordy - William Foster & Company, Lincoln, England, made agricultural machinery pre & post WWI. They built the code-named "Water-carrier for Mesopotania" which the workers shortened to "Water Tank" then "Tank". Don't really expect Buffy to know all that, but thought some of your readers might be interested.

Thanks for a great story. £££
Avalonemyst chapter 20 . 4/19/2015
Loved this!
Akane Ami chapter 20 . 7/28/2014
That was a lovely story! Thank you and good luck!
The Traveling Aria chapter 20 . 4/14/2014
This was a truly amazing story! You captured each character extremely accurately and gave the story a lot of depth. I love how you made the characters grow and how you didn't make Spike suddenly totally good, or Buffy suddenly not care about what Spike has done. A lot of authors have made Buffy and Spike's relationship a little unbelievable in terms of simply glossing over what Spike has done in the past and/or Buffy's reaction to it. I love your ending and this story left me wanting more, which is what every story should do. Thank you for writing this.
cigarettemetaphor chapter 20 . 2/5/2014
The ending was freaking adorable and the buffy anne nickname is the cutest thing ever my god
Cheire chapter 5 . 9/18/2013
you dont know how I love you story!
raregirlrox chapter 20 . 7/25/2013
This story was like a breath of fresh air for me, due to the fact that I seem to have been coming across an awful lot of Spuffy fanfics lately wherein Spike is treated as though he's never actually done anything thaaaat bad, and his entire evil past is pretty much either ignored, glossed over or somehow justified. Not that forgiveness-centred stories don't have their place - heaps of them I love. I just think it's good to also sometimes come across a fic where Spike's heinous deeds are addressed accurately, which I think you definitely succeeded at doing so in this story. :) Plus, I think it kind of adds strength to just how powerful the whole seeking-redemption-for-love story arc is, if you realise how depraved Spike really was before Sunnydale. So yeah. That was cool. Also, great writing style and I love it when people actually research historical settings and provide cool trivia/word origins with it. Yay :)
I don't know if you tend to reply to these or not, but I'll ask anyway; what do you think would have happened with Spike and Drusilla's relationship, had "Anne" not turned back into Buffy and been spirited away after defeating the demon?
Nonnikie chapter 20 . 2/21/2013
Excellent story! It has all the things i liked about your "A Gem of a soule" without ever losing its thrill. This story remained a page-turner all the way to the end. It is tight and consistent and has some really good original characters, a good plot and very nice twists and surprises. The sexual tension between Spike and Buffy Anne was palpable and I think even more so because you decided not to let them get more intimate than a couple of kisses. Also the kisses made more of an impact that way. You do write brilliant smut - but this story was better without it. I also prefer this ambiguos (but still sweet) ending over a more fluffy one. Longing always makes for amazing shivers. ;)
Sxyblondgrl95 chapter 20 . 2/9/2013
Love this story but i am left wanting much more kudos