Reviews for Proud Trophies Won in Foreign Fight
Rihannon chapter 17 . 1/25/2013
Wow. Just... wow.
Neinka chapter 17 . 1/25/2013
Oh wow! I had this stupid happy smile on my face the whole first half of the chapter then I was holding my breath when Buffy was fighting the demon and Spike was trying to destroy that tower. And I almost had tears in my eyes when was Buffy crossing over. ...soooo many emotions!
So far my favourite chapter!

But can you explain the ending to me? The spell was taking something from Spike and hurting him so he fed from Anne's dying body? Did I get that right?
RedHead023 chapter 17 . 1/25/2013
That was my favorite chapter so far! I must be in a mushy mood tonight. I never ever say this, because you are so good about updating, but please post the next one soon! I can't wait!
KittenOfDoomage chapter 17 . 1/25/2013
Did not see that coming! Oh I want to read the ending but I don't at the same time because I'm enjoying it so much!
Powerofthewish chapter 17 . 1/25/2013
This is amazing. I can't wait for the next chapter!
ammuna chapter 16 . 1/25/2013
OMG I cant wait for the next chapter!
ammuna chapter 15 . 1/25/2013
Love the last part especially. It's so much fun to read how you make Buffy catering to S.'s boyish and playful side and how they kind of have fun together despite the situation. I'm dreading the end though. Are you going to make B. disappear and leave S. feeling left behind? Love how they throw around their names at the end like some kind of foreplay.
Sky chapter 16 . 1/24/2013
LOVED that chapter! It was great, so please write more.
RedHead023 chapter 16 . 1/22/2013
I've been following you for a long time. I loved the chapter, but I keep Preparing myself for angst. It easily could have a "happy" ending ... But you're you. And I just know you'll rip out our hearts soon. Like the "I will make her Proud" dug into the stone? If the her turns out to be Drusilla I might cry.

On a side note, the comment about Faith made me laugh. Loved it.
Seapea chapter 16 . 1/22/2013
I so appreciate the quick updates. I look forward to them. Another awesome chapter.
Rihannon chapter 16 . 1/22/2013
I just have to say how much I'm enjoying this. I can't review every time, but please know I eagerly wait each update. And, who knew a Buffy that is not Buffy and a Spike from his evil past would work out? Well, you are making it happen and doing great. :)
Neinka chapter 16 . 1/22/2013
Aww I wanted to see the other Slayer. Pity but I guess it would be harder to fool a slayer than watcher.
Spike and Buffy were great as always :)
And I really liked the information about tanks. Now I can say i read something educational today :D
haleycc chapter 15 . 1/22/2013
Spike's scenes in this chapter have me cheering for him one second and wanting to shout at him the next. I was pleasantly surprised when he took the baby back to the orphanage, and then disappointed all over again when he tried to snack on Edith. I really like how evident it is that he is basically warring with himself.

What I haven't talked about yet is how much I like the Buffy you've created. Her character is a sort of mirror to Spike's in the way that she is evolving; where he is becoming better, Buffy is becoming more tolerant. This Buffy actually recognizes the fact that Spike is fighting his demon to become someting more. Even after he bites Edith, "Anne" and Spike still end up sitting there, chatting, kind of flirting with one another. I think that present-day Buffy, in the same situation, may not have staked him...but she would definitely have kicked him around until he got the message that she wasn't pleased.

Worth noting is that at the beginning of this story, present-day Spike mentioned that he considered himself to be at his worst, or most evil, during the time period Buffy finds herself in now. But, it's still relatively easy for "Anne" to pull him over to her side. Even though he hasn't really mastered the mechanics of what is good and what is bad, he's still on board pretty quickly with the idea of helping the Slayer. Makes you wonder if his heart was ever really in all this evildoing in the first place.

Also, I should have commented on this when I reviewed Chapter 13 but I got carried away with other things. These are my favorite few lines of the story so far, and coming from Evil Spike, they are just really poignant: "Fine," he said to her back, so low she could barely make out his words. "Didn't like the way you looked at me. Like I wasn't worth knowing after all." Love it.

I'm interested to see what happens when Buffy gets back to present day, which it now seems like she definitely will. Depending on how you treat time travel in the rest of the story, I guess that teaming up with the Slayer in Spike's past could explain why it was so easy for him to align himself with Buffy in Sunnydale, and could even go a long way toward explaining why he immediately turned to the Slayer for help when he got chipped in Season Four...not that he would have any way of knowing that Buffy IS the same Slayer he once got friendly with (unless "Anne" caves and tells him, but it seems unlikely that she'll tell the whole story), but that he has perhaps subconsciously come to think of Slayers as allies in desperate situations. Or, maybe I'm just seriously overthinking things. Anyways, I love the story. Can't wait to read more!
CrazyforSpike chapter 15 . 1/21/2013
I love your story! I was thinking though, does feature Spike know whats going on because of these new memories or does it not matter because she's possible changing the feature? If he does, does he realize it's Buffy and is the gang trying to figure out a way to get her back? Anyway, can't wait until the next chapter!
Naomi chapter 15 . 1/21/2013
Uh oh, there's quasi-friendly banter happening... And the idea of Spike stealing a tank has a touch of deja vu to it.
This is shaping up nicely, looking forward to more soon.

N