Reviews for Grey And Pale Gold
chou-fleur chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
Wow. That was *really* good! I liked how protective Eomer is of Eowyn. Man, this really makes me want to watch Two Towers. Actually, I think I will. Cheers and thanks for a truly excellent read!
cuthalion chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
"In front of my men. At least once a week." Theodred was glad to see the incredulous ghost of an answering smile. "So yes, I'd say with a little work you'd stand an excellent chance of knocking your cousin on his arse in the dirt. A few years isn't so long. Believe me."

Brilliant. Perfect atmosphere, extremely well done. And Éowyn rally is a child, even with those tiny "mature" moments. Very good.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
I don't think I've ever seen a story on this before, and this one was touching and smoothly written. Excellent.
Maryanne chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
In my brief time investigating fanfic on the web, I've noticed that one has to wade through piles of dross before finding gold - and in your work, I have found it. I love your finesse with language and your strong characterization. Eowyn, Eomer, their relationship: all is as it should be to yield the adults they become. "I said goodbye"... perfect. I look forward to reading more of your work. Have you ever done original fiction, and if so, ever published? If not, you should.
Rachel chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
Beautiful. That's all I have to say.
Arwen Lune chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
*sniffle*
You, I'm a groupie. So what? I adore this deeply; RotK has awoken my love for the Rohirrim all over again. Theoden seems exactly right, and his contrast with Denethor is beautiful. For all that he is king, he is practical, and a horse man, and fiercely fond of his family and his people.
'Denethor Steward of Gondor could take his schedules and his maps and his tedious court etiquette and shove 'em all head-first down a midden. Family came first.'
My heart goes out to little Eomer feeling that responsibility for the Eastmark so heavily, and it was very nice to see something of Theodred. Could I convince you to write a little more about life in Edoras once Eomer and Eowyn have arrived? I don't usually care much for "Characters as children" stories but I do love the setting you've given us here and would love to see more of it.
Emisi chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
I'm very impressed. Your characterization of Eomer and Eowyn in a childhood setting was spot-on to their future characters. This story brought tears to my eyes, especially Eowyn's reaction to her mother's coming death. I loved it.
Soledad chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
Yay! A Young Théodred story! What a rare gem!
Stories about earlier days in Rohan are my secret addiction. And you write them so well. :)
Alyxzia chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
That was really beautiful. I want a brother like Eomer.

You're a great writer and I lover reading your works.
I WANT TO GO AWAY NOW chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
*Sniffles* That was the most touching, beautiful, and moving fanfic I have *ever* read. I don't know what else to say — it was just writing at its finest. I'm gonna print this story out, and now, I'm putting it on my favourite stories list.
Venyatuima chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
That was cool. Moving. Theodred's character is very well done, and I'll probably always think of him with that personality now ;) Great writing!
Lea of Mirkwood chapter 1 . 2/26/2003
THAT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! I'm printing it off and keeping it in my binder to read whenever I feel a sort of craving .the Rohirrim. Specifically Theoden.

Very well written.
Showna EJ chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
very well written. This was reccomended to em by AJ Buress and she never gives praise unless praise is due (bless her). This was well worth the read, but I don't have time to give a longer review. Know only that I enjoyed it immensely!

Yours

Elbereth94
Aiglos1 chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
I loved the borther sister relationship, it really warmed my heart with their care for each other :)

The writing here is excellent, and the story is just puuuurfect, it's so sad but there is such hope and joy also. I'm now off to read more of you're stuff, sorry the review couldn't be longer :)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/27/2002
The best story I have read here! loved it so much!