Reviews for An Unexpected Return and an Unwanted Guest
Gemini Explorer chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
I enjoyed this. Nicarta's name intrigued me, as it's so like Micarta, a phenolic resin widely used for knife handles, especially on custom hunting and survival knives. The famous Buck firm uses black Micarta under a trade name on many of their models. How did you create that name? Just curious. Namng characters well is always a challenge for a writer. I try to picture the individual and think of who he or she is before naming new ones. The better I know my characters, the easier it becomes to write them.

I think you showed both compassion and originality in having Nicarta's own people recover her alive. I think I'd have had a man throw a club at her, not a knife. I hope she recovers from her infatuation with Ned.

The idea of having Nicarta try to kill the explorers one-by-one reminds me of a movie where a murderer and armed robber did that to unsuspecting people in the Canadian wilderness. He'd just robbed a jewelry store in the USA and killed there, too. Can't recall the name at the moment, but it starred Sidney Potier, Tom Berenger, and Kirstie Alley. You can look it up. Good movie, although I don't like Potier. I think it's, "Shoot to Kill." Much of the movie is set in B.C., near and in Vancouver, eh? You Canadians should like that...

Back to the fic, I really liked it, and the cast seemed to be in character. You do dialogue well, and I especially liked Veronica here. No Finn, but she would mirror Vee's suspicion of questionable guests.

I like stories that give us a good dose of Veronica and Finn. Too many authors just write about that self-centered brunette woman. Oh: Marguerite, I think her name is. (Laughing Smilie here.) The Lost World shouldn't be all M&R, all the time. Besides, I like the blondes and their outfits. (Yes, I'm male.)

This was a really good story, and I enjoyed it a lot. I hope you'll write a good story about Finn soon, maybe with a lot of Veronica in it, too. I like Marg., but not exclusively, or when when she's being mean.

Overall, this is nice writing.
DayDreamer077 chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
that was interesting. That lady went insane.
kermit chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
Delightful story!
Pallas-Athena chapter 1 . 8/2/2002
What a wonderful little N/V story! Think you so much for writting it and sharing!
Lady Hawke chapter 1 . 8/1/2002
Hey! I thought that was really good! I love N/V stories and I agree with you that there are a lot of M/R stories. Keep up the good work! (Sequel, hint hint.)
JennKwong chapter 1 . 7/28/2002
Good Job, although the end was a little rushed.