Reviews for Anchor-watch
Heliopause chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Oh, that was terrific! (I really miss italics in this place. Take them as read, there.) And sneaky, because now I'll have to be awake longer than I intended to, to go to 'Baltic Adventure', find out what frightening and sad, sad thing happened, so many years ago.
selador31 chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
This is just wonderful. :)
EstellaB chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
So lovely. I think my favourite part is this:

-because she was Nancy and could not help taking a risk sometimes, and because he was her friend and she would never embarrass him by such sentimentality while he was awake, and because he was John and she loved him

I wish I could form such fantastic sentences as you. I could see this in my mind's eye-private sentimentality (and I think that John, rather than Nancy, would be the most sentimental-just as he is here) and public no-nonsense, and Nancy being very tender as long as there is no-one to see her. I love that Nancy is comfortable enough with John to borrow his jumper without asking; the first sentence is perfect Nancy as well. It's basically all brilliant-I think that's what I'm trying to say!
Nankai no kyoufu chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
gets better still on second reading, like an act of parliament!
constantlearner chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Dear NotQuiteNormal,
Thankyou for your review. I don't think there is another way to acknowledge it, since Anchor watch will probably stay as a single chapter. Something - quite a lot of something- does happen between them in other stories I've written. In order they are evening dress - a crossover but more SA, Baltic adventure, and St Elizabeth of Hungary and Mother's day. Just after christmas is pretty much all about John and Nancy but set earlier. I somehow don't think I've finished with them either...
NotQuiteNormaL chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Awwww this is lovely! Pretty please write another chapter? I want to hear when something does happen between them because it's obvious that something does! This story is so great! Brilliant!
Jen4850 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Sweet and growing up well shown.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Thanks for writing another! Your story is great, as usual, and you seem to be banging these out pretty quickly (posting them at least), but as far as I can tell, you haven't sacrificed quality. Thanks. ;-)

I'm glad this is more of an explanation of John's nightmares, I was curious in Baltic. I liked Captain Flint being "almost apologetic"- it's just like him! And John's pretending is just right, too.
Fergus Mason chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
I really enjoyed this, thanks. It's nice to get a look at my favourite couple as they grow up and become more aware of each other (even if they misunderstand half of it!) I can't wait to see what you do next!
Jenn Calaelen chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Aww :)
So lovely! I really like seeing them growing up in your stories - it feels so real and right for the characters. Nancy and John are wonderful in this. Titty's confident answer feels very in character - and she wouldn't see how scary it would be to say so by this point.