Reviews for Animals Like Us Belong In the Black
gster391 chapter 41 . 7/6/2013
I would guess you're referring to "for want of a nail, there was no horseshoe...and so the kingdom fell". Anyways, thanks for updating. I'm gonna go swear at a wall, I predicted Riddick would be the only one shot but River would go a little crazy from that, but ah well. Hope to see more soon.
PerverseLeigh chapter 37 . 7/6/2013
Haha! I had to look up the French, but... Flower of Fury is awesome!
Onewholistens chapter 41 . 7/6/2013
For Want of a Nail
For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.
or in this case a catalyzer, where a little neglect, bred river and Riddick mischief.
PerverseLeigh chapter 33 . 7/5/2013
I usually don't comment when I'm catching up (and obviously there's a lot of catching up yet to do,) but I just wanted to say that I like that you have a couple of good keynotes to this story. It's not just erotica or a re-write of the series. If I'm in the mood, I can read the interpersonal stuff; if not, I can just skip ahead a bit.
The whole story does speak to the more primal aspects of my nature. Thanks for writing it.
R Coots chapter 41 . 7/5/2013
Nice. I like the Jayne POV on the wrap up. Bet Mal's gonna have something to say about his take charge attitude..and River and Riddick. Kinda happy they got shot. Nice to know they're not infallable and can be outgunned. Course, that's cause I'm just plain not happy unless the main characters are wading through hell with a sixty pound rucksack strapped to their back, but hey. That's me :) The recovery period is gonna be interesting. Wonderng what your take will be on Ariel, since River's pretty much functional. Hmmm...Looking forward to the next chap!
I'm Yu chapter 41 . 7/4/2013
I'm looking forward to seeing the crew's reactions to how the Tams and Riddick know Shazza-possible chance of jealous kaylee? Or do you have other plans in the works?
Rachet chapter 41 . 7/4/2013
I didn't get the mail in the horse shoe but let my know. I'd like to check it out. The Grey Council bit also reminded me of the end of the Dark Knight. Ty.
Talon5Krrde chapter 37 . 7/1/2013
"Over and out," Wash's voice declared and the transmitter went silent.
'Over and Out' - means, "It is your turn to talk, but I am not listening."
'Out' - means, "Radio conversation over."
R Coots chapter 40 . 6/28/2013
This was interesting. I like the addition of the scrubbers (why did the crew never think of that in the first place?) and the change of pace from some of the poetry makes things a little clearer. I like the poetry, I just have to do some translation sometimes. Not good when I'm reading at midnight. My brain doesn't work so well then. :)
Rachet chapter 40 . 6/27/2013
Loved the quoats in this one.
Irishbrneyes chapter 40 . 6/26/2013
Still lovin' this! Cannot wait to see what you've got planned. And by the way... I could never hate what you have planned. This, my dear, is your baby. Have fun writin' it, and I'll have fun readin' it! ;-)
katikat1703 chapter 39 . 6/25/2013
omg. wow I started this and then couldn't stop. more please
Irishbrneyes chapter 39 . 6/25/2013
Great job once again my dear! Every time I read a new chapter I get blown away by your writing and imagination. Kudos! Also, I'm gonna take a stab at guessing what Riddick and River will do. I'm thinkin' they'll be the ones to stay aboard. Am I close? Can't wait for more...you already know I will. ;-)
Tempest S chapter 39 . 6/23/2013
It always bothered me that they killed off Wash at the end of Serenity. He's the pilot. The ONLY FULL-TIME pilot. Mal sucks at piloting and River I'm sure still has her bad days meaning she can't always pilot. So they pretty much kill off one of the two most vital people on board a ship, the pilot and the mechanic. Considering they survive from flying from planet to planet, that's not very intelligent for the plot. Not to mention, they have a co-pilot seat and controls for a reason. Obviously having a co-pilot along with a pilot would be better than just having a pilot. They couldn't kill the Companion or Jayne? While they make the plot more interesting and schemes easier, they aren't vital to Serenity. Mal's the heart and planner, Zoe is the backbone who tries to keep Mal out of trouble, Wash was the wings, Simon the healer, Kaylee the fixer of all mechanical things and go-to girl for electronics and such, and River was pretty much a jack of all trades if you could get her sorted out. Jayne could have been replaced by River since she can shoot and even fight better than him and Inara, well she just made it easier for them to get in places. Ingenuity could get around that.
R Coots chapter 39 . 6/19/2013
Hmmmm...I'm not even gonna try to guess where you'll take this ep. There's a reason I didn't go the merger/retelling the series route after all. I just don't have the imagination to muck with the eps like that. Like the Wash-River-Riddick interactions though. Like the way Wash sees these two. Wish Mal would get his head out his butt though. He's getting frustrating. As always, looking forward to the next installment!
399 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »